What's new

Tupperware is spectacular !

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I joined this forum a few months back and one of the many things I've learned so far is that many cigar aficionados store their cigars in ugly Tupperware. The desk top humidor is more for show than anything else. I recently increased my cigar inventory so I decided to try Tupperware since I have always struggled with keeping my desk top humidor steady.

I bought two Tupperware containers and have about 30 sticks in each. I was planning on using kitty litter to stabilize them (another thing I learned here) but it has been a month and the RH has been rock solid without any humidity control in the Tupperware. The RH in my house is around 40% so that is quite amazing. I open the Tupperdors about once a week to gaze upon my lovelies, and I always blow a lung full of moist breath into the Tupperdor before closing it to counteract the dry air that gets in when I open it.

I know I will need to put in kitty litter but I am amazed at how well the Tupperware maintains the RH. It seems the air tight seal is the most critical aspect.

Bruce.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Boveda packs are all that is needed in tupperware. Works wonders

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ya'll are crazy. haha

What these guys said though, I went from my first tupper to now wineadors. Still trying to find the right one since all the ones I've been getting arent working for me but some day I'll get there.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been using tuppeware for years now and it's a proven way to store cigars. I like to use the RubberMaid 2.5 gallon size which stores about 150 cigars along with a shallow container to put KL in. It works so well that I now have 18 of them and I open them once a week for a fresh air exchange. Glad it's working out for you.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I used to wish I had a nice desktop humi (and still sometimes do) but just for show. Once I got my tupperdor up and running it worked pretty well (but only because I didn't use a really well-sealing container, else it would have been perfect). But once I switched to the coolidor, that desire for a desktop went away.

Now, if I want a few sticks on display or readily available when some friends come over, I have a glass jar with a sealed lid that my wife got for $5 at Wally World.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with you guys. I've got a decent desktop humi - looks good, seals good, but still just to much maintenance. I no longer use it - but I did love the scent every single time I opened it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm with you guys. I've got a decent desktop humi - looks good, seals good, but still just to much maintenance. I no longer use it - but I did love the scent every single time I opened it.
I put at the bottomPut a sheet of cedar on the bottom of your tupperador...that will give a nice scent and transfer to your cigars if you leave em in there for a few months. I actually have it on the bottom and sides and it works better than my $700 humidor. As far as air exchange...just open it for about a minute...that's all you need.