What's new

Tupperware is spectacular !

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Coolidors don't have to cost a lot.

You can get a small 28qt coolidor for $27 shipped on Amazon. It's only 12"x"14"20" so not huge.

Here's what mine looked like when I had it (I've since given it to another BOTL).

The trays are from cheaphumidors, and are cheaper than custom trays, about $10/ea. Four fit perfectly, with room on the side for a couple 10ct boxes and a Boveda holder.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
^ Kinda in the same boat. I only smoke 1-2 cigars a week and right now my setup is more than adequate. My current stash will last me minimum 6 months but have room for about 3 times that plus the CFO prob won't let me spend $200+ for a wineador full setup or want to have a big cooler taking up space. It cost about $80 for my current setup with about $52 from the trays but had a gift card for those and just paid shipping. I know my options if and when my situation changes. I do love this place for educating me on those options and I chose the best one for me.
You forgot the smiley faces :) :)
My bad. :)

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Some great looking tupperdore pics.

Though I have used tupperdores in past years, they were always smaller sized (20-50 sticks) and kept in my desk drawers. For box and big stick numbers the Coolidor works better.

The old timers already know this, but for any newer folks getting into storage options-- Yes the tupper has great sealing properties and will hold RH rock solid. But in relation to the wall thickness of a standard cooler, the cooler will not only hold good RH level, but also have a lot less temp. fluctuation. Couple this with the fact that sunlight or direct lighting is not a friend of cigars, the cooler is even better.

Keeping your tuppers in dark rooms or basement is great, not saying its not, but might want to consider the cooler as an option if your thinking of going 32qt or larger in a tupper. And the cooler doesn't need to hide in the dark.

Coolidor for big stick count storage, good RH control, more controlled exposure to light, more stable temperature. Just something to consider.
I'd be happy to consider other options if you'd consider financing these endeavors. At this point in my cigar smoking career, I am very limited on what I can spend on cigars and storage. While still a noob in this hobby, I do know that coolers and wine fridges are the better options, but that doesn't negate the finances. I don't have enough smokes to fill my little tupperdore up, and, at this point, I don't think I will for the foreseeable future.

As a side note, please insert a :) at any point you deem necessary. I do not intend this post to be rude in any way, shape, or form.
Sooo, we need to bomb you a cooler and sticks! Got it, who want's to coordinate?

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

Though I have used tupperdores in past years, they were always smaller sized (20-50 sticks) and kept in my desk drawers. For box and big stick numbers the Coolidor works better.

The old timers already know this, but for any newer folks getting into storage options-- Yes the tupper has great sealing properties and will hold RH rock solid. But in relation to the wall thickness of a standard cooler, the cooler will not only hold good RH level, but also have a lot less temp. fluctuation. Couple this with the fact that sunlight or direct lighting is not a friend of cigars, the cooler is even better.

Keeping your tuppers in dark rooms or basement is great, not saying its not, but might want to consider the cooler as an option if your thinking of going 32qt or larger in a tupper. And the cooler doesn't need to hide in the dark.

Coolidor for big stick count storage, good RH control, more controlled exposure to light, more stable temperature. Just something to consider.
I'd be happy to consider other options if you'd consider financing these endeavors. At this point in my cigar smoking career, I am very limited on what I can spend on cigars and storage. While still a noob in this hobby, I do know that coolers and wine fridges are the better options, but that doesn't negate the finances. I don't have enough smokes to fill my little tupperdore up, and, at this point, I don't think I will for the foreseeable future.

As a side note, please insert a :) at any point you deem necessary. I do not intend this post to be rude in any way, shape, or form.
Sooo, we need to bomb you a cooler and sticks! Got it, who want's to coordinate?
I'll coordinate!!!

Step one, send me your address...

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

I'll coordinate!!!

No need to wait, I've it for ya!
He's on Nutmeg Ln in Euless...
Just let us know what goods/monies to send. I'm in! :cool:

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

I'll coordinate!!!

No need to wait, I've it for ya!
He's on Nutmeg Ln in Euless...
Just let us know what goods/monies to send. I'm in! :cool:
E tu Clint, e tu?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I'm glad that tupperware works for all of you, but I could never convince myself to do it.

I used to feel the same way until I had a full fridge, a full locker, cigars in several different shops. When I looked at how much a cooled cabinet would be to hold everything I put all the overflow in to containers and put em in the closet out of sight.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Oh that would get me in trouble big time, wife finds that list and see's how long it is or if it's grown any and my ass is to the curb.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Oh that would get me in trouble big time, wife finds that list and see's how long it is or if it's grown any and my ass is to the curb.
Password protect it. Have it always open up on sheet one, which is the humi she knows about, lock it and hide the other 83 tabs. When you want to look at something, unlock, unhide, and BOOM, there ya go!!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

Coolers do not have to be brand new marine grade to work well.

Heck, the one Im using I picked up from the curb of a guy who was tossing it out in his weekly bulk pickup. (Heh, nothin wrong with a brotha being thrifty). And it didnt get my wifes knickers in a twist by claiming a households cooler for more cigar storage.

Point is, my only investment in it is the Boveda packs that keep it hydrated. Scrubbed it out with a brush and dish soap and its been fine for a long time now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to order everything for my own tupperwaredorarama. I'm probably at the 1 to 2 a week stage, and in the "if the wife finds out...." club. Still kicking around beads or boveda packs.