What's new

Tupperware is spectacular !

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Yeah, that's what I started with but was filling up fast. Got into the wineadors but I'm having problems with keep them stable in my home so for now I'm going back to tuppers till I can figure it all out. I currently have 2 wineadors and can't get the rh right and it's driving me crazy. Next thing I'm going to try is an Oasis unit and see if that works, if not then I'm giving up. haha

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm making the transition this week. I've had problems with keeping my desktop humidor properly humidified, so a while back I downsized to a cigar caddy case that holds 15-20. After buying a box recently, I'm switching to plastic storage. Marshall - I thinking will look a lot like yours (same Sterilite container I think lol). Just went to a Woodcrafters to pick up some cedar, but will likely need another piece.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I didnt have much success with a couple desk tops that I tryed an have switched to Tupperware an boveda packs. I would love to have a nice humidor but the Tupperware just works so well an little to no maintenance.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Alright gentlemen, here is the beginning of my tupperdor. After having trouble with my desktop humidor, I downsized to a 20ct Cigar Caddy. Now I'm going to the tupperdor. I went with a 32 quart container, boveda packs and holder, and I'm cutting cedar planks to size for the sides and bottem. I'll be buying more cedar once my local woodcrafter gets more in stock.

Question for anyone who has put cedar slats, what if anything did you use to secure the slats to the sides?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I can see the use of the packet holder, but why are you using the cedar? The cedar in any and all humidors is used to stabilize the RH, isn't that the purpose of the Boveda pack?

Anyhow, I don't use cedar planks, my tupperdore is full of empty cigar boxes. Have you thought about going that route instead?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I believe the empty boxes and cedar planks are doing the same thing, helping to stable rh levels.

I used cigars to secure the slats in my tupper. Haha

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
DTGW - Cedar planks were partly for aesthetics, but also when I get more cedar I plan on cutting some dividers to wedge in the bottom. I guess cigar boxes would essentially do the same thing.

Jesse - I don't really have enough cigars at the moment to do that; I guess I need to go out and pick up some of the sticks on my list to fix that lol.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Put my trays in tonight. I don't think I'll have to worry too much about sticks falling through. Probably will get some dividers though. Didn't wait a full week of seasoning in the basement but rh went right back up to 66 not long after. Pretty happy with the result. Offsetting the trays to even out rh distribution.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Put my trays in tonight. I don't think I'll have to worry too much about sticks falling through. Probably will get some dividers though. Didn't wait a full week of seasoning in the basement but rh went right back up to 66 not long after. Pretty happy with the result. Offsetting the trays to even out rh distribution.

Looks awesome Marshall!

Where did you get such a big piece of snapware?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Looks awesome Marshall!

Where did you get such a big piece of snapware?
Target. Mine is a 32qt and they have a 20 and 50 I believe.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm glad that tupperware works for all of you, but I could never convince myself to do it.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Some great looking tupperdore pics.

Though I have used tupperdores in past years, they were always smaller sized (20-50 sticks) and kept in my desk drawers. For box and big stick numbers the Coolidor works better.

The old timers already know this, but for any newer folks getting into storage options-- Yes the tupper has great sealing properties and will hold RH rock solid. But in relation to the wall thickness of a standard cooler, the cooler will not only hold good RH level, but also have a lot less temp. fluctuation. Couple this with the fact that sunlight or direct lighting is not a friend of cigars, the cooler is even better.

Keeping your tuppers in dark rooms or basement is great, not saying its not, but might want to consider the cooler as an option if your thinking of going 32qt or larger in a tupper. And the cooler doesn't need to hide in the dark.

Coolidor for big stick count storage, good RH control, more controlled exposure to light, more stable temperature. Just something to consider.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
DTGW - Cedar planks were partly for aesthetics, but also when I get more cedar I plan on cutting some dividers to wedge in the bottom. I guess cigar boxes would essentially do the same thing.

Jesse - I don't really have enough cigars at the moment to do that; I guess I need to go out and pick up some of the sticks on my list to fix that lol.
That won't last long around here. haha

I'm glad that tupperware works for all of you, but I could never convince myself to do it.

What system do you have in there for humidification? How do you like those fans? I just bought an Oasis and the fans that came with it are very small, I didn't think they were going to be that small.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Some great looking tupperdore pics.

Though I have used tupperdores in past years, they were always smaller sized (20-50 sticks) and kept in my desk drawers. For box and big stick numbers the Coolidor works better.

The old timers already know this, but for any newer folks getting into storage options-- Yes the tupper has great sealing properties and will hold RH rock solid. But in relation to the wall thickness of a standard cooler, the cooler will not only hold good RH level, but also have a lot less temp. fluctuation. Couple this with the fact that sunlight or direct lighting is not a friend of cigars, the cooler is even better.

Keeping your tuppers in dark rooms or basement is great, not saying its not, but might want to consider the cooler as an option if your thinking of going 32qt or larger in a tupper. And the cooler doesn't need to hide in the dark.

Coolidor for big stick count storage, good RH control, more controlled exposure to light, more stable temperature. Just something to consider.
I'd be happy to consider other options if you'd consider financing these endeavors. At this point in my cigar smoking career, I am very limited on what I can spend on cigars and storage. While still a noob in this hobby, I do know that coolers and wine fridges are the better options, but that doesn't negate the finances. I don't have enough smokes to fill my little tupperdore up, and, at this point, I don't think I will for the foreseeable future.

As a side note, please insert a :) at any point you deem necessary. I do not intend this post to be rude in any way, shape, or form.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
^ Kinda in the same boat. I only smoke 1-2 cigars a week and right now my setup is more than adequate. My current stash will last me minimum 6 months but have room for about 3 times that plus the CFO prob won't let me spend $200+ for a wineador full setup or want to have a big cooler taking up space. It cost about $80 for my current setup with about $52 from the trays but had a gift card for those and just paid shipping. I know my options if and when my situation changes. I do love this place for educating me on those options and I chose the best one for me.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
^ Kinda in the same boat. I only smoke 1-2 cigars a week and right now my setup is more than adequate. My current stash will last me minimum 6 months but have room for about 3 times that plus the CFO prob won't let me spend $200+ for a wineador full setup or want to have a big cooler taking up space. It cost about $80 for my current setup with about $52 from the trays but had a gift card for those and just paid shipping. I know my options if and when my situation changes. I do love this place for educating me on those options and I chose the best one for me.
You forgot the smiley faces :) :)