What's new

unusual food preferences?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Anyone tried squirrel? Always been curious. I would think they'd taste good if all they eat is acorns and nuts. Plus I mean...breaded and fried with gravy is a winner no matter the species.
When I was little the old folks would put squirrel and rabbit in the Brunswick stew with chicken and cook it all day. It always turned out delicious. I haven't had it in thirty years though.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My Father-in-law does this. I won't say it is my favorite thing, but everybody else loves it.
I don't doubt the presentation is a bit gruesome, eyeballs and all. :LOL: What I do highly recommend trying though are beef cheeks. If you can find them, they are EXCELLENT on the smoker. End up fall-apart tender with melted collagen and a crusty bark:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I usually just eyeball it but I'd say a tablespoon or so. The more the better for me. Buuuuut then again I enjoy the below beverage, so take my opinion with a grain of (pickle) salt. :LOL:

View attachment 164055
I love pickles and I love beer, so it seems like a no brainer.:giggle:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
our dearly departed Angel would, on occasion, bring balut to the SHIT herf. I tried it. did not finish.

View attachment 163397
I worked with a Filipino lady for a couple years and she was always trying to get me to eat Balut and spicy dried mangos. "No thank you Della!"