What's new

Username

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I dont think I have answered this one yet...

But It is the name i have had since we got the internet many years ago, never changed it...

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
ATC (Air Traffic Controller) and Dub (as in that's what people actually call me unless they are trying to sell me something then it's William)

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine was given to me when I first got online in 1995.

I used to chat in a program called Powwow and it would allow up to 8 people in the chat box. I developed a close knit group if 4-5 people that I chatted with on a daily basis.

For those of you that remember Powwow, it had a feature that allowed you to click a button and play a sound wav and everybody would hear it as long as the wav was on their hard drive. My favorite one being, "Were you born an asshole, or did you work at it your whole life? Anyway it worked out fine...cause you're an asshole tonite!"

After continously playing numerous wavs many, many, many nights in a row, the close knit group deemed me DWavs: D for David and Wavs for all the sound wavs I would play in Powwow. Hence, the user name DWavs.
I was also on Powwow from 1995 until they shut it down. I started out with a different handle but someone figured out my password and started saying all sorts of things so I switched. The funny thing about it is that it has nothing to do with the song. A lot of people would say things like "joebob enters through the door and the crowd cheers" or something similar when entering a chat room. So I figured since I was originally "Spidey" who swings into rooms on his web, I changed it to gui_tarzan since I play and used to make guitars and I would "swing" into a room on a guitar cord.

Yeah it's corny but that's me and I've had the nickname for just over ten years now.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom... Thanks for starting this way back when! (I was curious about yours.)

So mine's kinda self explanatory... It's a play on the 80's show LA Law, which I loved when I was a kid. 'Cept I practice in New York now... I use it on many of the boards to which I belong.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Tom... Thanks for starting this way back when! (I was curious about yours.)

So mine's kinda self explanatory... It's a play on the 80's show LA Law, which I loved when I was a kid. 'Cept I practice in New York now... I use it on many of the boards to which I belong.
I do what I can!