What's new

Username

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Well mine goes back to my pot smoking teenage years.........when I smoked alot I would get pirmigrin (constant smile on my face)...also it was going to be the name of my band, but I never had one...o well.
OMG Frank!:scratchhe

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Last name first two initials.

And I concur with Wade. You would have to look long and hard to find a more welcoming generous group than those on BOTL.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've worn a crewcut for most of the last 30 years, and I was born in 59. Not big on that whole change thing. Also happens to be the nickname of a Harley Davidson engine design, which wasn't real pretty but was tough as hell.

Mark

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Co. - a famous case in early english common law related to unilateral contracts. Case involved the Carbolic Smoke Ball company advertising a product for inhaling smoke like carbolic acid as an influenza remdy. As a lawyer and former part time contracts law professor I always enjoyed this zaney yet important case - and since cigars are my herbal remedy for all that ills it seemed to fit for me.
That's one of the first cases I read in law school as well and haven't forgotten it since.. wonder why.

I will never tell.
I always thought it was UNC El Nino.. perhaps you ripped through UNC like El Nino.

Mine's just my first name.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
bump for the new folks...some of ya'll have some weird as hell usernames...explain yourselves!

Moro, you first!
:smokingbo

Well, the word "moro" in spanish reffers to middle-eastern people, usually arabs and turcs. When I was young I had a very neat tanned skinned and that, paired with me facial attributes, earned me the nickname within the family. It's easy, nobody will ever use it as a username, and I've heard it all me life, so it works for me.

As for Dave's (uncelnino) username, for the modest fee of a Don Arturo Gran Aniverxario I'll let the curious know.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Being a big football fan as well as a Packer fan. My username is after my favorite all time player, number 66, Ray Nitschke. I loved the way he played the game. He went out and gave 110% all the time, gave no excuses, and was a class act off the field as well. Somethings that today's players just don't understand.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Baldanders is the giant in Gene Wolfe's "The Book of the New Sun" Wolfe based him on Baldanders from "The Book of Imaginary Beings" by Jorge Luis Borges.

From "The Book of Imaginary Beings".
Baldanders - Also known as Soon-Another's, these creatures can assume many shapes. It appears to have a human head and torso, the tail of a fish, the legs of a goat, and the wings and claws of a bird.

I was reading "The Book of the New Sun" when I placed my first order with CBID and needed a login ID so just tossed in Baldanders.

Last edited:

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Wow, been many a different people here over the years. This has been a fun read.

I have used this name ever since on cigar boards.

Simply put, it reads, Weekend Smoker. Back in the early days the weekend was the only time I enjoyed a cigar, we are talking the typical turned legal age to buy, and for some reason a machine made was not in the cards cigar. Never will forget it was a Licenciados #4. Twelve years later, why give up the original name.

Wknd.