What's new

Vaporizer/Electronic Cigarette Q&A

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok I know nothing about any of this but from what you were saying does that mean you can actually use it with any nicotine at all. You can actually put just flavour oil and just get the flavour and 0 nicotine. That sounds pretty interesting as I am trying to get my dad to quit smoking.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya it was originally based around the idea of helping people quit but most people (myself included) just drop the cigarettes and vaping instead. But you can pick up a decent starter kit at most smoke shops now a days for $30 to $60 and then just wean off the nicotine till it just gets dropped entirely.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I like the Five Pawns line but I lean toward shop customs just cause they tend to do some creative flavors, kinda like right now I'm vaping Blueberry Whiskey from Amazing Vapors in Killeen, TX. I looked at the site and seems pretty solid, you should check out https://www.fasttech.com just keep in mind its a Chinese website so check reviews before purchases and be prepared to wait for a minute, the prices are so low though it makes it worth it I pick up 5 pack coil heads for $4 - $7. Also check out http://www.vaporbeast.com/ if you wanna stay American, always preferable.
Ever use 101vapes (hardware) or Giant Vapes (juice)? Both sites were highly recommend by a trusted, cloud-chasing, co-worker. Good deals and wicket fast delivery on all of with my purchases.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DANG!!! fasttech.com just got disowned for 101vapes.com that's for sure and giantvapes.com is a sick site too! I've grown accustomed to paying around $25+ for my premium 30mL bottles now I can get a lot of them for under $20 that's what I'm talking bout!!! Only thing that's missing is customizable flavors check this site out for eliquids (you can make your own personal concoction on it too). http://www.ecblendflavors.com/

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Wanted to say thank you for this thread. Wife was a long time cigarette smoker & then switched to Nictrol spay to stop. Now she's more into the spray that she was the smokes.

Took her to a couple of vape shops over the weekend because of this thread. Found lots of great people willing to help a newbie & we got her a couple of set ups & a few different flavors. Thanks for everyone's help!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to say thank you for this thread. Wife was a long time cigarette smoker & then switched to Nictrol spay to stop. Now she's more into the spray that she was the smokes.

Took her to a couple of vape shops over the weekend because of this thread. Found lots of great people willing to help a newbie & we got her a couple of set ups & a few different flavors. Thanks for everyone's help!
Awesome! Thats what I love to hear, I'm glad we could help brother and I hope your wife likes the setup.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update on me I'm trying to get my hands on a KangerTech Aerotank Turbo
a beast of a tank that rocks TWO dual coils! A buddy of mine ended up getting two sent to him for the price of one, still in transit but I'm trying to setup a trade. And I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to purchase a new MVP which I've been putting off to buy cigars instead. Also an idea I've been kicking around is to post on here about rebuilding coilhead's but I don't have the supplies I need in order to do ya'll justice so it would either have to wait a couple more months or if one of ya'll that are seasoned vapors could I'd appreciate it. It's a great way to get exactly what you want out of your coils and save alittle bit more cash while your at it which is always great!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I've been trying to ween the lady off of cigarettes and I sent her some Excel vaporizers I had as samples. She found a juice she likes but after a month it stopped drawing so I did the research and learned the coils go bad or it gets clogged. In looking at the replacements I didn't see anywhere but the Excel website to order them from. It required replacing the tank and cost was $4.25 a pop. I read around and looked what was available locally and rather than replace the tasks each time I went ahead and bought her the Kanger Evod starter kit because swapping the atomizer is much cheaper and they can be bought locally is she needs them, plus it gives her 2 vaporizers. I ended up spending around $50 and got her the kit, 17 total atomizers and 2 replacement tips. This should last her quite some time and it is an extremely simple set up and the atomizers can be had for around $2.

If she wants to get more serious about it then maybe down the road I will look at other options. She really feels like after a month that she could quit smoking cigarettes using the vaporizer. Now if I could get her to smoke Cigars other than cao flavors and javas....but at least she smokes, right??

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great option for a tank I really like my EVOD tank and I realize now that I should have put something in here about those disposable tanks, there garbage that shops usually push on newbies because nobody else really touches them do to every reason you just stated Craig. Also I usually get around 2 weeks from each coil head or atomizer (called either depending on who your talking too) that's something else I forgot to state earlier on. Thank you for helping me remember, I'm definitely going to do a "coils" post kinda like I did with the tanks.

I'm really glad that your wife is getting off cigarettes and I hope she's in the clear of them now, the first couple weeks to a month was a difficult transition for me but everyone is different. She sounds awesome to me my wife wont even smoke a hookah!!! Vaporizer sometimes but definitely not a cigar, I'd say you got a winner on that front Brother.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coilhead Orientation: Pretty simple operation coil has a negative or grounding wire that's pinned to the metal of the coilhead by a rubber insulator and a positive wire that runs to the electrode on your battery. This creates the electric flow that heats up the coil and begins to burn oil off the wick that the wire is wrapped around and the flavor wicks that are on top of that. You can replace the wick on the Protank/EVOD single coils with either wick that you can pick up at a vapor shop or alot of vape sites or even cotton; once the original wick gets burnt to extend the life of your coilhead if your cheap like me. ;) Plain'o'cotton balls from Wolly-World do the trick just fine, just boil them for abit to get any impurities out then squeeze excess water out and let them dry over night. Pull a piece off roll it into a wick shape and your good. I'm sure you can do it on the other coilheads too but I don't know how. Eventually the coil itself will burn out but this will extend a coilheads lifespan vastly.
Protank Single Coils/EVOD Single Coils: Really basic coilhead that operates pretty smoothly in basic and advanced tanks that it's sized for. I don't really have any problems with them the way I do with some of the knock off brands, my advise always spring for KangerTech equipment when it comes to vaping in general. Only difference between Protank and EVOD is the size EVOD's are smaller so an EVOD tank can't use Protank coils but the Protank can use EVOD's. Only issue I have with doing that is it leaks if its a bigger tank than the Protank mini. Roughly I'd say these last two weeks for me with daily use.
Duel Coils: I refer to these as "a stacked duel coil" the reason being that the coils are vertically stacked like an over under double barrel shotgun. I'm currently using the enclosed duel coils, I like the way the hit better its not a throaty of a hit and goes down a bit smoother. What I mean by enclosed is the wicks are encased within the coilhead itself. These coils are a step up though and I tend to recommend them for people that feel that they're not getting enough. When you want bigger hits with more vapor and deeper flavors these are the coils to get. Beware though double the coils means double the hit but also can equal up to double the eliquid consumption. It tends to even itself out on that front but you may need to watch out for that or stock up on your flavors. If your going to be using organic flavors use I recommend using these coils or stronger. I usually get two to three weeks out of these each one with daily use.
Aspire Duel Coils: These are a 'cloud-chasers' friend. Duel coils that are crisscrossed so that you get a nice surface area burn that will produce as much vapor as you could possibly want! I love these coils but being as I can't just go down to the store and pick up more eliquid I'll tell you, watch out cause these puppies will eat up your juice like a hungry hungry hipppo. It's so worth it if you can go out the extra though and I HIGHLY recommend the Aspire Nautilus as it not only produces massive vapor but it easily eats up those harder to burn organic flavors and pretty much anything else you throw at it. Typical last me around three weeks with daily use
ohm's: This is the resistance your coil has to electricity so the lower the hotter it will burn and vise versa. I should be written on your coil what the ohms level is (has the Omega symbol on the right) I tend to stay around 1.6 for my Aspire and 1.8 for everything else. Be careful if you go lower because you don't want to accidently burn your coil out to soon and if you go higher your not going to be able to get as big of a hit. It's all about what works for you though enjoy yourself and play around with it cause you may not like the same settings as me.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, best camera I have right now.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doc - Any DIY mod experience/advice? I'm in the process of acquiring parts for an epipe conversion of this:
I can't say that I do, its a project I've been wanting to take on but haven't quite had the time for unfortunately, the RDA is the deepest I've gotten into that world as of yet. I don't know how I feel about your choice in pipes though, that's going to be an awesome custom job but its already an awesome looking pipe!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just prefer a pipe-style mod, feels/looks natural. I have a few other Nordings, but this one's deep chamber will take a 18500 battery. If you know any modders/or trusted DIY sites for info, let me know.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man that's sick! I've really wanted a pipe mod for awhile, don't like the factory ones and time is a factor for the custom so I kind of lost motivation after doing minimal research.:( I really dropped the ball on this one. So what all have you gotten for it, have left to get and what all do you need to do make the conversion?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh man that's sick! I've really wanted a pipe mod for awhile, don't like the factory ones and time is a factor for the custom so I kind of lost motivation after doing minimal research.:( I really dropped the ball on this one. So what all have you gotten for it, have left to get and what all do you need to do make the conversion?
From looking at my current epipemod, all I really need is a 510 connector, battery connection, some solid copper wire, button, heat shrink, hot glue, and a Dremel....I think.