What's new

Vaporizer/Electronic Cigarette Q&A

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drake, I got my Hazelnut Kona Coffee blend ejuice in last night. I'm so stoked to try it!
Heck ya man, coffee's tend to always be solid flavors for me I hope you have the same experience. Also I just got a package today from my wife with juices from Amazing Vapors in Killeen; Tit-Taes, Twigs & Berries and Rock-A-Berry I know weird names but their good lol. Can't vouch for Twigs & Berries haven't had it yet but I figured you might wanna try them next time were in the same spot.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Heck ya man, coffee's tend to always be solid flavors for me I hope you have the same experience. Also I just got a package today from my wife with juices from Amazing Vapors in Killeen; Tit-Taes, Twigs & Berries and Rock-A-Berry I know weird names but their good lol. Can't vouch for Twigs & Berries haven't had it yet but I figured you might wanna try them next time were in the same spot.
You know I'm down to try any and all flavors once haha.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
After starting with a cheap pen with a plastic tank (from Sobe Vaporizors I beleive for like $30) that broke really quick I bought a cig-alike kit from Lift Vapor. I am cheap and don't vape a ton but is a definite must when drinking if I don't have a cigar. The kit from Lift Vapor is overpriced, but the batteries and cartomizers are pretty inexpensive on their own. The head of the cartomizer can be removed so you can refill with whatever e-liquid you want. I have been using the same cartomizer for a few months with no issues but it's getting close to time to replace and the battery has been great and given me no issues for over a year. Definitely not for the serious Vaper or "cloud chaser" but it is small, durable, and easy to take anywhere.

Great thread man, you have me curious to look into bigger and better things when the budget allows. There is a ton of great info here!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After starting with a cheap pen with a plastic tank (from Sobe Vaporizors I beleive for like $30) that broke really quick I bought a cig-alike kit from Lift Vapor. I am cheap and don't vape a ton but is a definite must when drinking if I don't have a cigar. The kit from Lift Vapor is overpriced, but the batteries and cartomizers are pretty inexpensive on their own. The head of the cartomizer can be removed so you can refill with whatever e-liquid you want. I have been using the same cartomizer for a few months with no issues but it's getting close to time to replace and the battery has been great and given me no issues for over a year. Definitely not for the serious Vaper or "cloud chaser" but it is small, durable, and easy to take anywhere.

Great thread man, you have me curious to look into bigger and better things when the budget allows. There is a ton of great info here!
Nothing wrong with that setup, the bigger and better stuff is great as long as it fits you and your needs/wants. Sounds like its getting the job done and that's the most important part. Would you mind posting a picture of your e-cig cause I haven't encountered a cig-alike that managed to hold anyone's interest as long as yours has and you've peaked my curiosity now lol. I will say this about all the equipment I use, its bulky and it I have to use a small tackle kit (the pics isnt everything I have to leave alot behind when I move around) got from wolly world just to be able to easily move my stuff around and I'm going to be upgrading that to an actual tackle box in a few months. So a small durable cig-alike might be a nice thing to add to my inventory so those quick easy situations.
I'm glad this thread has helped you out, I was unsure about starting it at first but I'm glad I did now :)
20141126_202942.jpg 20141126_202921.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Nothing wrong with that setup, the bigger and better stuff is great as long as it fits you and your needs/wants. Sounds like its getting the job done and that's the most important part. Would you mind posting a picture of your e-cig cause I haven't encountered a cig-alike that managed to hold anyone's interest as long as yours has and you've peaked my curiosity now lol. I will say this about all the equipment I use, its bulky and it I have to use a small tackle kit (the pics isnt everything I have to leave alot behind when I move around) got from wolly world just to be able to easily move my stuff around and I'm going to be upgrading that to an actual tackle box in a few months. So a small durable cig-alike might be a nice thing to add to my inventory so those quick easy situations.
I'm glad this thread has helped you out, I was unsure about starting it at first but I'm glad I did now :)
View attachment 55243 View attachment 55244
Wow, you have quite the setup! My setup is definitely more travel friendly, lol.

Here is the cartomizer and battery ready to go
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417028947.610505.jpg

The "lid" to the cartomizer removed for refilling
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417028986.695853.jpg

The battery and cartomizer separated
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417029018.695372.jpg

The battery screws into the usb charger and charges quick.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417029072.255829.jpg

Simple and basic, like you said it fills the need but no frills and zero adjustability.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice @BrewinHooligan its definitely more advanced than what I've come to expect out of cig-alike's. I'm used to seeing the disposables and the like, I tried with those but it never stuck and for some reason they always made me angry idk why lol. Yours looks like a lot higher quality and more advanced though especially with it using a cartomizer instead of one of those packet things. I think I could really enjoy using something like that, thank you.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey man I got that kona blend and when I tried to put it in that Aero Tank Mini that Biles gave me the thing doesn't work anymore. The piece that screws into where you put eliquid and the piece that screws to the battery won't screw together. I'm like losing my mind over here and Biles didn't help much.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I got that kona blend and when I tried to put it in that Aero Tank Mini that Biles gave me the thing doesn't work anymore. The piece that screws into where you put eliquid and the piece that screws to the battery won't screw together. I'm like losing my mind over here and Biles didn't help much.
Sorry took so long to answer you I've been off and on today. So the piece your talking about is the baseplate your coilhead screws into right? The only real thing I can think of at the moment is a cross-thread issue or gunk in the threads. Try wiping it down really well and if that doesn't work try putting the metal parts of your tank in simmer to boil water for roughly 2 or 3 minutes (DON"T OVER DO IT) then wiping them down really well. The boil will knock everything out of it just be sure to dry them off really well anytime it gets exposed to water.

Something similar happened to me and it drove me mad trying to figure it out till I went down to the B&M I frequent and that's what they told me to do, worked like a charm. If it doesn't work let me know it could be permanent damage from multiple cross-threading and you'll need a new baseplate which I can hook you up with ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just like took take a moment to rant for a second. Do your research and be careful about what you purchase! As I stated before I was going to buy a iPV 3 150W Box Mod by Pioneer4you after it came recommended to me by a friend, however, I will NOT be purchasing this after reading review after review full of straight up proving in front of the camera reviews on how terrible this product is. $120 equipment that barely does the same workload as the Hana DNA 30 which you can pick up for $50. Oh I've been busting on him since I found out lol. I'm looking into the Sigelei 100 Watt Box Mod which has reviews by the same independent individuals and while it has a few quirks is actually capable of performing as advertised. Ok rant over lol.

So while I'm here I have a few questions as well one for everyone first. I'm having the same problem with this ecigar that @SailorAg had with the epipe. Is this awesome or purely outrageous!!! There's better quality ones out there but it seems wrong to me on so many levels yet intriguing. :confused:
39-0201-026-2_1.jpg

My other questions are these. @jmartins how's convincing your Dad to quit cigerettes been going? @Monsterdg is your wife still using the vaporizer and how are her setups working for her? @Craig Mac is your Lady (Not Wife lol) still using the vaporizer and if so has she upgraded yet?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'll definitely try that. I've wiped it down with napkins and paper towels, I'll try and just clean it out in the sink. No sense in using a huge pot, because that's all we have here, for those little pieces. I couldn't physically see cross threading, but I'll try and take a closer look.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll definitely try that. I've wiped it down with napkins and paper towels, I'll try and just clean it out in the sink. No sense in using a huge pot, because that's all we have here, for those little pieces. I couldn't physically see cross threading, but I'll try and take a closer look.
Did you get your tank fixed? If not send me pic's and I'll take another crack at figuring out whats wrong with it and worst case is I have a couple different tanks that are more useful for scrap parts then vaping. We'll get you fixed up either way brother.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
@Craig Mac is your Lady (Not Wife lol) still using the vaporizer and if so has she upgraded yet?
Due to a mix up on my part, she just got the Kanger EVOD starter kit in yesterday actually. I forgot to put the apartment number in and the freakin post office wouldn't deliver it so it took almost three weeks for her to get the new one. I tend to over research when I buy something and based on all the positive reviews I bought the EVOD and she loves it. I mainly wanted something that was easier for her to maintain, cheaper to replace parts and parts that are readily available locally and the Kanger was an easy choice. After "playing" with it all afternoon she found from the appearance to the functionality it was strongly preferred over the Excel she had been using. Coming off of cigarettes she also said the EVOD felt more natural as far as the draw resistance and "smoke" cloud. She was like a kid with a new toy all afternoon yesterday and wants to hit the vape shop for new flavors today.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great! Ya I really like my EVOD actually I'm using it right now lol. I'm glad you found her something that's working better for her. All your reasoning's make perfectly good sense to me nothings worse then having a piece of equipment go down then having to wait for parts whether they be durable or non-durable parts. Also don't worry about it I shoot to over research that why I can get the best quality products, if you have to pay for it why not have the highest quality right (within reasonable price ranges lol).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing alot of research into DIY eliquid mixing so that the next time around I have a better success rate and the main points that have been hit are health and safety so I thought I'd take a moment to give a baseline and some references for everyone. I'm alittle ashamed I didn't hit these topics earlier, but here goes my take on it; please remember these information posts are meant to be taken as helpful hints and tips and are in no way guaranteed to be whats best for every situation or best for you as an individual, they are only the opinions and research of one man.
Health
It's important to have a cleaning ritual, I know that mine is lacking and I need to bring it up to snuff. Remember when you developing your ritual or fine tuning it that not all bacteria is bad, so please keep this in mind because the immune system without the introduction of any bacteria will grow weak. Cleaning everything you have every night with isopropyl alcohol seems like overkill to me, personally I'm going to start weekly cleanings of the equipment that I've used that week with an isopropyl alcohol bath on a set day while continuing to completely wipe down equipment I'm using every other day and as needed in between. I'm not saying this is how to do it just that its the ritual that I know I'll actually follow since its not an OCD or vastly time consuming one. As for the alcohol if your don't want to use rubbing alcohol on items your going to be using to inhale substances out of then vodka and everclear are also buy-able options to serve this purpose. Just remember to rinse it out well if you choose to use alcohol after all it is flammable. A neat little fact that I wanted to share is that PG does have antimicrobial properties (hospitals apparently used to introduce PG vapor into the air to help reduce the possibility of patients developing pneumonia).
http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/do-e-cigs-cause-mold-in-the-lungs/
Safety
*Consider getting childproof caps and keep eLiquid out of reach because nicotine is harmful, especially to small children.
This is alot more important if you have small kids and your going to have pure nicotine in your house on a regular basis, however, even your standard ejuice can be dangerous to little hands running around.
http://www.epmonthly.com/www.epmonthly.com/departments/subspecialties/toxicology/toxic-liquid-nicotine-and-the-dangers-of-e-cigarettes/?utm_source=July 2 Ezine&utm_campaign=EPM July 2 2014&utm_medium=email

Nicotine Overdose/Poisoning Signs and Symptoms
Nausea and vomiting, excessive salivation, abdominal pain, pallor (paling of the skin), sweating, hypertension - Increased Blood Pressure, tachycardia - Increased heart rate, ataxia (involuntary muscle spasms, tremor, headache, dizziness, muscle fasciculation (twitching), seizures
-If you experience any of these complications while vaping consider cutting the nicotine of your bottle by half. Easy to do just get a 0mg nicotine bottle of the same flavor and half/half the bottles.
1-800-222-1222 is the telephone number for every poison center in the United States. Call this number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to talk to a poison expert. Call right away if you have a poison emergency. And you know 911 will definately help too but poison control can give you specifics whereas 911 will only send paramedic to your door.

Symptoms of Nicotine Withdrawal In active tobacco users
Headache, Nausea, Constipation or diarrhea, Bradycadia -lowered heart rate, Drop in blood pressure,Fatigue, drowsiness, insomnia, Irritability, Difficulty concentrating, Anxiety, Depression, increased hunger and caloric intake, Increased desire for the taste of sweets, Tobacco cravings
-Might try upping your nicotine dosage, harder to do then lowering just because you need pure nicotine to do.

*Just in case your curious about the so call metal shards e-cigs are putting in peoples lungs.
http://vapingcheap.com/toxic-metals-in-e-cigarette-vapor/

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just read through this thread and saw a lot of useful information posted. So I was thinking about getting my first set up, something I could do inside during the winter instead of being in the cold smoking cigars lol. Anyway I was thinking about getting a Nautilus mini with the Vision Spinner II. Besides those two things and juice and a charger, is there anything else I need?

Also when you guys say it lasts "x" amount of days or weeks, what does that mean? I have to put in a new coil into the nautilus once it goes bad? How do you know when it goes bad?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Also when you guys say it lasts "x" amount of days or weeks, what does that mean? I have to put in a new coil into the nautilus once it goes bad? How do you know when it goes bad?
Basically a vaporizer works by a coil heating up and vaporizing the juice that is passed across the coil via a cotton wick. Over time (depending on usage), the wick can get burned up or the coil can get clogged with residue or even crap out. Most people will say they get 3-4 weeks out of it before needing to be replaced, but again, this varies with usage. You can extend it further by regular weekly cleaning, but you may only get an extra week out of it. The Kanger replacements I bought the GF were $6 for 5 of them, so basically $1.20ish a month, which is a hell of a lot less than cigs. I went ahead and stocked her up with 17 of the things and told her just to toss them as opposed to her wasting time trying to clean it.
You'll know when it needs to be changed when the flavor starts tasting burnt or you aren't get the same draw any more.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I usually get a week or so use out of my Aspire Mini coil, less if I use a juice that is 60% or greater VG. Overtime, you'll be able to judge when it's time to change by decreased vapor production and flavor.

Tip before use: Prime the coil by adding a drop or two of juice inside the coil chamber onto the mesh. Or just take a couple of dry hit prior to use. Also, if you start hearing a gurgling sound, purge the air chamber with a puff of air (e.g., cigar) to get rid of the excess juice.

Heads up: Vapor tongue and a dry mouth. Drink plenty of H2O.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
10372859_943633574140_8394416464425885922_o.jpg i rock a mech mod: taifun gt with removed chimney @ ~.6-.7 ohms on a k100 with sony vtc4 18650 battery. gave up all my other units (fogatti, itaste vv 3) with aspire bdc's and aerotanks, etc etc. i chase clouds now.