What's new

Vaporizer/Electronic Cigarette Q&A

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this video that seems like a pretty good baseline for a quickie job. Personally I'd be against you using a cartomizer on that gorgeous pipe your converting, doesn't seem like it would do it justice but the electrical installation would be the same you just need to order a tank that accepts pipe stems, or if you already have one? Also I messaged my go to girl at the shop I frequent about doing a job like this just waiting to hear back.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks Doc. I'm going to use Aspire Nautilus Mini (with a decorative hollowed-out sleeve). I have a few 510 pipe stems, but I might retro-fit the smaller Nording's stem by using a black rubber tubing or heat shrink.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Doc. I'm going to use Aspire Nautilus Mini (with a decorative hollowed-out sleeve). I have a few 510 pipe stems, but I might retro-fit the smaller Nording's stem by using a black rubber tubing or heat shrink.
Sounds like you've got a solid plan, let me know how it turns out man.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great thread. Lots of good info. Couple things I could add. Spend the money buy a good vapor pen. I use the Veppo Vault. Every time I tried to save a buck it was a bad decision. Speaking of bucks. I have been vaping a year. I just went through my budget for the last 2 years and punched some numbers. I went from about $10 per day with cigs (not including time and gas going to the corner market everyday) to about $1.40 per day with my vapor. That includes all my juice and parts and new batteries this year. That is about 85% cheaper. Just on that vaping is a no brainer IMHO. And there are many benefits on top of the financial ones.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread. Lots of good info. Couple things I could add. Spend the money buy a good vapor pen. I use the Veppo Vault. Every time I tried to save a buck it was a bad decision. Speaking of bucks. I have been vaping a year. I just went through my budget for the last 2 years and punched some numbers. I went from about $10 per day with cigs (not including time and gas going to the corner market everyday) to about $1.40 per day with my vapor. That includes all my juice and parts and new batteries this year. That is about 85% cheaper. Just on that vaping is a no brainer IMHO. And there are many benefits on top of the financial ones.
Thank you Thrasher66. How much was your Veppo Vault if you don't mind me asking? Reason I ask is that I tend to go for the pricier items like the iTaste MVP and currently I'm saving for the IPV 3 150W by Pioneer so I don't really have any good suggestions for people looking to spend with a budget in mind. It took me a minute to find it but that's a nice looking battery you have.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think it was $150 for the starter kit. Then I probably spent another $150 on 2 of the bigger batteries and the SS tank. I am sure there are lots of other good stuff out there, Veppo was just the first one that I went a month or two without it breaking or malfunctioning on me. I am pretty rough on them, they get dropped and the like alot. Looks like Pioneer stuff is comparable, but they have lots of customization stuff it looks like. Do you find them reliable?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was $150 for the starter kit. Then I probably spent another $150 on 2 of the bigger batteries and the SS tank. I am sure there are lots of other good stuff out there, Veppo was just the first one that I went a month or two without it breaking or malfunctioning on me. I am pretty rough on them, they get dropped and the like alot. Looks like Pioneer stuff is comparable, but they have lots of customization stuff it looks like. Do you find them reliable?
The iPV 3 was suggested to me by a friend that's been vaping a lot longer than me. He's a fan of them saying that they're reliable and worth the extra cash, he hasn't led me astray yet. As for durability I'm not sure cause I'm pretty rough on them myself. The biggest plus for me is that they are upgradable and I'm looking for a battery that will make it to where I quit looking for a better battery/mod you know. The specs like 7-150 watt range, 1.0-7.0 volt ranges and .1 ohm to 3.0 ohm resistance on top of being upgradable though both software and hardware I think it'll be just that. My only issue it so far is that it only has 510 threading that's streamlined with the body so I can't use any eGo styled tanks. I might have other gripes about it later on once I actually have it but that'll be a few more months yet cause my wife has decided she wants to get it as part of a welcome home bundle for me. :D

~Reason I edited~
Sorry was trying to answer quickly while I was doing multiple things at once, I'm a terrible multi-tasker and my ADHD kicks in pretty easily lol. So I thought I had already said that when I replied and I didn't check.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10643841_292908817582697_116616806_a.jpg

I don't know how many one ya'll have heard all the banter on the supposed unknown health risks of inhaling the chemicals in using vaporizers/e-cigs but don't fall for it when/if you do. There's been a lot of rumors and half truths out there since the electronic cigarette business went into boom over a year ago and a lot of it is just that, rumors. What its all boiled down for me at least in the end is Cigarettes Vs. Vaporizers in both costs and health effects. That and personally I like the taste and smell of vapor better, but that's just my opinion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From looking at my current epipemod, all I really need is a 510 connector, battery connection, some solid copper wire, button, heat shrink, hot glue, and a Dremel....I think.
I don't know how far in you are on your project man but I've been digging around and this is the best forum I found for a step by step on converting a pipe to an epipe. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-pipe-models/450903-diy-epipe-conversion.html in there the guy doing the conversion mentioned www.madvapes.com is where he got all the supplies he needed for the project and they even have an auto draw 510 connector so you could further keep the classy look of you pipe without the button being on it. Also found a plan according to how epipemods.com does there's, I thought you might like to see. I hope this helps you out in your project.
2q0m39t.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem man, I hope we get more projects on here. I learned alot looking researching the pipe to epipe conversion, I like learning the different variants to vaping and it was cool seeing that epipes have there own sub community within vaping.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vape Glossary (Just a few I've seen and heard along the way)
PV and APV: Stands for “Personal vaporizer” or “Advanced Personal vaporizer”
Cig-alike: This is ecig style that looks a lot like a cigarette, they often have a cute little light at the end of the device that lights up when you puff on it. Usually viewed as the entry level vaping.
eGo: Slightly thicker and usually longer than a cig-alike style ecig This is the most commonly used pv or ecig. They come in different battery configurations and are often times just referred to as a battery.
Tank: A juice delivery system that uses a variety of different methods to get juice to an atomizer to be warmed then vaped.
Threading: Refers to the threading that you screw your tank onto, eGo as referred to the threading sticks out of the battery. Stick to the eGo/510 capable batteries if you want to have the best of both worlds. *Note where as eGo can fit 510, 510 cannot fit eGo.
510: This is the type of connection that most modern pv’s use, it’s the connector part that your tanks/cartomizers screw into.
Atomizer, wick, head, coil, coilhead, Atty: These are the replaceable heads that connects to the battery, and contains the heating element which produces the vapor. Attys are throw-away parts. All or any of the names will work, although technically they are called atomizer heads. *Note: Some refer to some tanks as Atomizers.

Resistance: Basically the lower the resistance of your coilhead the lower the voltage needed to get a good vape. The higher the resistance the higher you can turn you voltage up and get a warmer thicker vape. {Attached in a resistance chart that you can use as a basic guide}
MAH: Milliamps per hour, longivity of your battery. 650mah Battery (6-8 hours), 1000mah Battery (10-12 hours) dependent on usage.
Pass-through: A pv that can be vaped while it is charging. This one requires the passthrough charging cord. (Typical the same as an android charger)
RBA/RDA: Rebuildable Atomizer/Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. These are your more advanced systems that are intended not for the novice vaper. The atomizer section is rebuilt by you taking the raw materials making your own wicks and coils. There are websites that you can order premade coils from but whats the fun in that :D
Dripping: This method is when you would use an RDA with a drip tip (large bore mouthpiece that goes on the atomizer) and you drip your juice directly onto the heating coil. This provides an excellent throat hit and flavor.
MOD: This is a term used to describe the big battery pvs..the ones that usually look sort of like flashlights. The name mod comes from the fact that they were originally a “modified electronic cig” Modified for usage with bigger batteries. There are several different shapes and sizes of “mods” from boxes, to big tubes so basically anything that is not an eGo style or a cig alike is considered a mod, or more accurately an APV
Tips: This is just a shortened way of referring to a drip tip, although commonly used to describe the tanks, however that is inaccurate. A tank is a tank, and it comes with a tip. This is extremely confusing to Vapor store employees when you ask for more “tips” when in fact you mean tips…Just a friendly little piece of info.
(e)liquid, (e)juice, oils: The consumable liquid that consist of a combination of nicotine, PG (propylene glycol), flavoring, and VG (vegetable glycerin) and is available in several different flavors and strengths, this is the stuff that you vaporize.
PG/VG ratio: Same as saying burn/flavor ratio, the VG carries flavor while the PG burns to produce vapor, scaled on 100%. So if you go 100% Organic and have a (or close to) 0/100 then your juice isn't going to burn as well, on the other side of that 100/0 isn't going to carry very much flavor.

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever my new setup gets here I'll have to show you a pic man. AND I got some hazelnut kona blend that I made off of ecblends. Pretty stoked man.
Heck ya man I'm glad your enjoying it, I don't really remember to well what you ordered though I was in a rush that day cause I had to meet up with everyone.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Heck ya man I'm glad your enjoying it, I don't really remember to well what you ordered though I was in a rush that day cause I had to meet up with everyone.
The Tesla sidewinder and I honestly don't remember what tank I ordered. All I know is that it's Kangertech. These eliquids are going to be amazing though. I have like three or four that are en route.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ya I remember that now. I've heard good hype about the Tesla sidewinder, never tried it myself but it was strongly recommend by a couple of people working at Amazing Vapors in Killeen because they use it themselves. Can't wait to see how it rocks man!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
For what it's worth, you can buy a cartomizer version with battery, charger and box for $6.20 in China. 3k min though :)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looks like my Nording epipe conversion will be powered by a 18350 instead of the bigger 18500 battery. The pipe chamber wasn't as deep as I thought, still will be a nice evening epipe. I found another epipe modder called 'freight train mods'. This are custom VV/VW mods.

Adding another ejuice vendor: The Steam Co. (Gentleman's Reserve, Old English Orchard, and The Beaumont are all barrel-aged and fantastic).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, you can buy a cartomizer version with battery, charger and box for $6.20 in China. 3k min though :)
Dang! I don't really know what else to say to that.

Looks like my Nording epipe conversion will be powered by a 18350 instead of the bigger 18500 battery. The pipe chamber wasn't as deep as I thought, still will be a nice evening epipe. I found another epipe modder called 'freight train mods'. This are custom VV/VW mods.

Adding another ejuice vendor: The Steam Co. (Gentleman's Reserve, Old English Orchard, and The Beaumont are all barrel-aged and fantastic).
Ahhh that sucks man, that bowl looked pretty deep! What about a 18490 less typical size but its a mm shorter, depended on how close your cutting it. A lot I supposed to have to cut 15.27mm off the battery height. If your are pretty close though an option I see would be to shave or bore the bottom of your bowl to gain additional capacity.