What's new

Vaporizer/Electronic Cigarette Q&A

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to throw my knowledge out there for anyone that is interested in E-cig's. While my knowledge is not full proof by any means I have a lot of friends that use vaporizers as well and we all get together to have discussions, trade ideas, tips and help each other out. That's why I decided to start this thread as a way to help out those beginners to vaping and answer any questions or lend advise to anyone looking for it. As well as seeking advise whenever possible from others that use vaporizers. I'm always looking for new stuff and new tips and tricks.

A couple baselines when it comes to vaping for beginners...
-Clearomizers are the plastic tanks and are generally the cheaper ones because acidic flavors will destroy the tank
-Atomizers are glass tanks that can handle any flavors you wish to vape
-Cartomizers are like atomizers but instead of having a coil head that burns oil from a wick it uses oil soaked cotton

Nicotine Dosage
-36mg is for pack and half or more daily smokers
-24mg is for pack a day smokers
-12mg to 18mg is for half a pack a day smokers
-4mg or 6mg is for occasionally smokers
-Nicotine is optional

I've been vaping for roughly two years now and its been great, I highly recommend it for smokers since you have the option to change flavors, control how much smoke/vapor you want, the nicotine dosage you want, etc. Really there are no limits and everyone can find something that is just right for them. I really enjoy helping people out so if you want to get started I can recommend some great batteries and tanks and if you've been vaping I can help you out with issues you've been having if any.

-------------------------------Added for additional information-----------------------------------

I'm trying to make regular "information posts" that will have helpful hints, tip and general information on particular's so if you see me (or decide you'd like to do an information post) post in this blue colored font; just so that we can easily identify info posts. Please feel free to post requests or message me anytime with info requests or questions.

Here's some great sites that we've found so far and what they're best for. If you know any good sites post them in this thread on PM me and I'll add them to the list.
www.101vape.com -best site so far for hardware at great prices
www.vaporbeast.com -one stop shop for hardware and eliquids
www.giantvapes.com -premium eliquids
www.ecblendflavors.com -custom flavors including ‘create your own’

www.fasttech.com -Buyer Beware; some products are knock-off's not clones but shoddy equipment (excellent return policy/customer care) and slow shipping. {Chinese site}
http://epipemods.com/ -beautiful handcrafted ePipes
www.myfreedomsmokes.com -DIY supplies for making eliquids at home
www.wittyoctopusvapors.com -handmade gourmet eliquids

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try and post different things on here from eliquids to tanks and batteries to coils. Stuff like organic oils pros and cons, rebuilding coil heads, information to use to find the best battery for you, etc. I tend to order a lot of stuff just so I can try it out so I'll give ya'll my judgment on it and maybe it'll save some time and/or money so ya'll.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem man I like to help, but ya I always recommend people to pay the extra cash for glass because the more acidic flavors are the coffees, fruit, etc. pretty much anything other than the earthy flavored eliquids have an acidic quality to them. Besides that most people, myself included, that start with the plastic clearomizers are back in the shop a week or so later to buy a glass tank anyways.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI almost every juice thats over 12mg range is just way too harsh to inhale.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really had that issue personally leoan. I did back of the nicotine though because I started on 24mg's and I thought that the flavors were kind of dull, so after I looked into it I found out that the higher the nicotine the thinner the flavor and I found my happy medium at 12mg's. Thanks for the heads up though I only really go to one shop for juice at point and I'll keep it in mind when I branch back out again.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been getting asked a lot lately about which is the best tank to get. This is a really hard question to answer just because of the multitudes of tanks out there that can fit all different styles and preferences. If anyone has a favorite tank they think I should look into please let me know because I'm trying to find some new kicks. The tanks that I have are,

KangerTech Protank - II
KangerTech Mini Protank - II (better for weaker batteries)
iClear 30 (Came free with the my iTaste MVP battery, its a decent backup)
Aspire Nautilus (Awesome duel coil with air control value)
KangerTech EVOD Glass (Great duel coil mini tank)
LD IGO-W4 "Dripper Tank" (An RDA or Rebuildable deck atomizer, for more advanced vaping)
I also have a KangerTech Aerotank Mini on the way

My favorites would have to be KangerTech's Protank - II because its a great tank that gives you the most bang for your buck. I've never had any issues with mine and I recently purchased an aero-adapter for it that turns it into an aerotank, its freaking awesome! My daily tank is KangerTech's EVOD Glass because unfortunately I broke my MVP while out here in Egypt so I've been waiting for a new battery and I've had to use my weaker winder battery, its a really basic model. The EVOD Glass adapts extremely well though and fires great on every battery I've seen it used on. It's also encased with steel which is great for me while I'm deployed. Currently I'm looking into cartomizer tanks because I really like the disposable Smok carto's so any suggestions on a solid cartomizer tank would be greatly appreciated as well.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've been vaping with the Aspire Mini Nautilus, and no complaints except removing the base hardware is a real bitch. I use a mechical mod (epipemods.com) and a MVP.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the mini? I've got the full size Aspire Nautilus and I really dig it man, so smooth. The MVP is where its at heck ya unfortunately I broke mine and am using an itaste V3.0 VV that's only kicking 800mAh. Gotta get a new MVP that's for sure.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I've got an EVOD with a kanger tech II tank. I used it for about 3 months until I got more heavily involved with cigars. It def. helps kick the cigs and non smoking woman don't mind it vs the stale smoke smell. I've been wanting to get rid of mine, I could never find a flavor to call a go too or daily use.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What flavors have you been using and what kind of tastes do you like? Maybe I can help you out, there's so many different ones that there's bound to be a few out there for you brother.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty sweet setup man, I'm digging the pipe. I may have to get myself a mini, sometimes a 5mL tank is just more bulk than its worth ya know.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you sub ohm vape, Aspire just released the Atlantis

http://online.aspirecig.com

The epipe is from epipemods.com. Bowls are hand carved from exotic woods. Feels so natural while vaping.

I only vape occasionally when I can't smoke a cigar. Five Pawns (CLR/CL) and Suicide Bunny (MM) are my go to juices.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I've been playing around with lately is the effect of different material drip tips or mouth pieces. I mean obviously the bigger the gauge the better for more vapor but I mean if there's really a change in taste. I've heard a lot of people say they prefer different materials for this purpose so I've started trying some different tips. Of course the standard metal and plastic aren't very different from each other but I did get a pyrex glass tip that seems to make the kind of "cleaner tasting" flavors purer. I also got a polished jade tip that had similar effects. I don't know if its in my head or if these tips really are changing the taste, certainly doing the experience a better justice. Of course no metallic taste anymore which is definitely a plus; what do ya'll think?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you sub ohm vape, Aspire just released the Atlantis

http://online.aspirecig.com

The epipe is from epipemods.com. Bowls are hand carved from exotic woods. Feels so natural while vaping.

I only vape occasionally when I can't smoke a cigar. Five Pawns (CLR/CL) and Suicide Bunny (MM) are my go to juices.
I like the Five Pawns line but I lean toward shop customs just cause they tend to do some creative flavors, kinda like right now I'm vaping Blueberry Whiskey from Amazing Vapors in Killeen, TX. I looked at the site and seems pretty solid, you should check out https://www.fasttech.com just keep in mind its a Chinese website so check reviews before purchases and be prepared to wait for a minute, the prices are so low though it makes it worth it I pick up 5 pack coil heads for $4 - $7. Also check out http://www.vaporbeast.com/ if you wanna stay American, always preferable.