What's new

Viaje DES 2

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I am not done with Viaje. I do still enjoy a lot of his cigars (especially the zombie ss) but I have never been one to go above and beyond to search for his stuff. I do refuse to pay $18 for a Viaje cigar since I've never had one worth that price. The crazy thing is people will buy them and they will sell out quickly like always
I'm glad you are enjoying them. I wanted the box as well but wasnt about to shell out nearly 500 for both boxes to try the SS. Maybe I'll put it in a MAW some day... I'll still enjoy the Viajes I have stockpiled, but as others have mentioned, refused to be gouged.

I guess we only have ourselves to blame. As long as we keep paying, they will keep jacking up the price just to see what the market will take, and generally speaking, we cigar smokers will pay if its something we want.

Farkas, produce stellar stick, after stick, after stick and you may win some of your customers back, although I'm sure you couldn't give two farts about me buying your products because there are plenty of others who will.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk 2

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
The shit of it is that the Super Lance isn't all that good and needs at least a year of slumber so you dodged a bullet on that one. But none the less its a shame that they seem to be alienating more of their intended consumers than they are embracing them. With this release its seems as though they knew they had something on their hands and wanted to charge a ridiculously premium price based on that. That doesn't sound much like a company who gives a shit about their consumers that sounds like a group of price gouging assholes.
Yeah, but no one likes you, though, so who cares what you have to say?

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Saw a jar up for sale on OLH for $230. Hopefully with cigars :) Hasn't been updated as being sold. So a $120 discount and the seller can't move it. Ouch... I think most peeps in the game long enough have been purging their Viaje collection. So overpriced and you will get pennies on the dollar if you ever tried to get rid of them down the line. That is not even accounting for how they smoke/taste... Aside from the SS and F&F, not a lot left in the humi.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
The shit of it is that the Super Lance isn't all that good and needs at least a year of slumber so you dodged a bullet on that one. But none the less its a shame that they seem to be alienating more of their intended consumers than they are embracing them. With this release its seems as though they knew they had something on their hands and wanted to charge a ridiculously premium price based on that. That doesn't sound much like a company who gives a shit about their consumers that sounds like a group of price gouging assholes.
I'd rather be disliked than have that tic-tac that you try pass of as a dick. Just sayin'.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Saw a jar up for sale on OLH for $230. Hopefully with cigars :) Hasn't been updated as being sold. So a $120 discount and the seller can't move it. Ouch... I think most peeps in the game long enough have been purging their Viaje collection. So overpriced and you will get pennies on the dollar if you ever tried to get rid of them down the line. That is not even accounting for how they smoke/taste... Aside from the SS and F&F, not a lot left in the humi.
I was thinking of grabbing it and sorry to be pessimistic it just seems to good to be true.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I'd rather be disliked than have that tic-tac that you try pass of as a dick. Just sayin'.
I agree. The unfortunate thing of it is that it's really hard to jam it down your throat 'cause it's so small. You're really the loser here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I was thinking of grabbing it and sorry to be pessimistic it just seems to good to be true.
I actually posted this up in the hopes of scamming you. Not anyone else, just you. You had to go and ruin it, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Heard that it was for the jar only.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, i've seen them in the 280-299 range. But that's still a ton to shell out for what I'm not sure if I will like.

So many of their releases haven't fit what I've liked, so I'm not in for one.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I'll be honest, seeing jars at $300 pisses me off a lot less. That $350 price tag is insanely high. I don't understand how the pricing is all over the map on this. Smoke Inn and Podman's and $350, Atlantic at $335, Tobacco Grove at $300 and some dude, who I understand has a store, on OLH was able to sell them at $265? Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but I never pretended to know shit either.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'll be honest, seeing jars at $300 pisses me off a lot less. That $350 price tag is insanely high. I don't understand how the pricing is all over the map on this. Smoke Inn and Podman's and $350, Atlantic at $335, Tobacco Grove at $300 and some dude, who I understand has a store, on OLH was able to sell them at $265? Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but I never pretended to know shit either.
I think the $350 tag is basically retail for the jar. Anything that's less is just the retailer offering a better price, not caring that it's a "limited" product. Oh and the "dude who has a store" is a friend of mine and yes he's the owner of Tobacco Leaf in Jessup Md. I buy anything from him that we don't carry and sometimes even things that we do, to leave that stuff for other customers. he's up and up, has a great selection/prices. Btw, not affiliated with them, just a fellow retailer a hop skip and long jump away. G1

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
I understand the frustration and did speak with Andre about it at IPCPR. Personally I was just trying to play by the rules and now that I can discount it 15% I did offer a coupon code for it in my latest e-mail. Honestly the jar did cost some bucks and no expense was spared. I haven't personally smoked the cigar yet but I know a lot of guys that loved the old one. If you are interested in a jar let me know and maybe we can work something out but the jar is something I am going to keep at least one of.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I understand the frustration and did speak with Andre about it at IPCPR. Personally I was just trying to play by the rules and now that I can discount it 15% I did offer a coupon code for it in my latest e-mail. Honestly the jar did cost some bucks and no expense was spared. I haven't personally smoked the cigar yet but I know a lot of guys that loved the old one. If you are interested in a jar let me know and maybe we can work something out but the jar is something I am going to keep at least one of.
I've seen the packaging myself and it is totally badass, no doubt. The box the jar comes in is cool and the jar itself is absolutely awesome. Having said that, I'm not a 4 year old on Christmas who wants to leave the toys behind and jump in a box or play with a jar. I wanna smoke some damn cigars not bask in the glory of a porcelain jar and a nifty box. I'm sure that stuff costs a decent amount of money, and I understand wanting to add to your brand experience by having cool jars. But at $18.50 retail? Hell, I have a hard time believing these will live up to the discounted price tag, but I'm hoping like hell that they do.

Some people have poked fun at Tat doing a jar release that is molded plastic. But they are releasing the sticks at $10 a pop and I'm sure one of the reasons they are able to meet that price point is by avoiding the ridiculous pricing that comes with designing, fabricating and shipping jars. I say: keep the jar and sell me sticks in a plain old regular wooden box or a cheesily packaged bundle and save me $5 per stick. Other than saving a dead relatives ashes, I'm never going to find a use for the jar when the cigars are gone so I don't need it in the first place.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Would love to try these, but for 300 to 350, I don't think I can justify the expense at that cost. Also, Viaje's have been hit or miss for me and it would be too much of a risk.

JEB

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went against everything I stand for and picked up a single today. Payed 15 bucks, so I guess I can live with myself. I figured I'd be disappointed, but I was wrong. As I said earlier, I never smoked the original, so I have nothing to base it on. But IMO it was the best Viaje in a long time. Right up there with the original WMD and original Tower 45th. A very nice smoke.