What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tabacallera Dannemann, From Seed to Smoke 22 minutes.

Welcome to our world. We invite you to come and explore our passion for fine tobaccos, a passion which burns as brightly today as it did when Geraldo Dannemann arrived in a small Brazilian riverside township more than 140 years ago.

Explore with us and discover some of the stories behind the tobacco and the craft which we are all rightly proud of. We hope you enjoy your journey through our fascinating world.

Our tobacco is the single most important element in our cigars and cigarillos. We have been growing our own tobacco since last century and in this time we have developed a deep understanding of the optimum conditions for this precious crop to flourish and how best to mature the harvested leaves.

Come and explore the fascinating world of our tobacco, where 21st century agricultural science meets tradition and good old-fashioned patience.

https://www.dannemann.com/en/our-company

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, yeah. I was wrapping up a lunchtime roll with some of that Webmostleaf when I noticed my GoPro staring at me morosely from a pile of electronics crap on a shelf. So I made this thing, where I try to show the usually hidden bits of making the big flag disappear.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
So, yeah. I was wrapping up a lunchtime roll with some of that Webmostleaf when I noticed my GoPro staring at me morosely from a pile of electronics crap on a shelf. So I made this thing, where I try to show the usually hidden bits of making the big flag disappear.
This will be incredible helpful to new rollers... should almost be it's own thread

Sent from the past on VeLoRoK's flip phone

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I address that at 2:15 in the video.
I saw that. and, I saw you cut out the last bit of it @ 3:37..
Detailed videos like this are in high demand for sure, yeah? and, thank you for making them.
A capping thread is a great idea.
I'd like to help by pointing something out.
The best cuts to a head for smoking are small and leave the outer edge of the cap intact. The least amount of tobacco between the filler and the final cap promotes this.
We are more likely to blow out the shoulder when cutting for smoking with the extra tobacco in there. especially if the cigar is left to dry for some time. We can dampen the cap for cutting but, that extra tobacco may not benefit.
We need to trim back the binder to access the filler for draw and, the round head.
When you see them sticking their nail in it, their making a hole.

If this is to much, I'll shut up.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I saw that. and, I saw you cut out the last bit of it @ 3:37..
Detailed videos like this are in high demand for sure, yeah? and, thank you for making them.
A capping thread is a great idea.
I'd like to help by pointing something out.
The best cuts to a head for smoking are small and leave the outer edge of the cap intact. The least amount of tobacco between the filler and the final cap promotes this.
We are more likely to blow out the shoulder when cutting for smoking with the extra tobacco in there. especially if the cigar is left to dry for some time. We can dampen the cap for cutting but, that extra tobacco may not benefit.
We need to trim back the binder to access the filler for draw and, the round head.
When you see them sticking their nail in it, their making a hole.

If this is to much, I'll shut up.
What I cut out is me poking at that to get it to go in for 15 seconds.
I understand your theory but in practice it has no negative effect on the draw of the sticks I roll, at least; and since how many hundreds of millions of Cuban cigars are capped this way? To trim the flag as you go on a triple is really a Dominican-Cuban hybrid method. I have never seen a Cuban trimming a flag as they cap. I often do it, though. It's also pretty common for Cuban rollers to cut off the last little bit of twist before they push it in.

Last edited: