What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Why does the roller rub the darker wrapper in his palm first?
Dunno, brosef, but it seems like he was doing it to increase the stretch on that CT Broadleaf maduro. I might try to email them and ask. Never seen it anywhere else IRL or on video.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
both these rollers finish left and right wrappers with there right hands. what do you all do? .. I would also like to hear what he says about rolling the wrapper in a ball b. please contact them.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
both these rollers finish left and right wrappers with there right hands. what do you all do? .. I would also like to hear what he says about rolling the wrapper in a ball b. please contact them.
I will drop Shawna a line. I already tried it yesterday, but with USA CT. Didn't make any difference, but made me wonder if he was just distributing oils. But yeah.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I reckon it's possible after all to roll a toro with a a carefully selected FXSmith CT Shade leaf.
Bliss, you do such beautiful work. First time I've seen a toro which wasn't 52 or 54 rg.

I'm experimenting now with a way to hydrate that FX CT for shipment without creating the dark damp stains you complained about. I bought a new stacker cooler, put a tray of water in it, put a grate over that, put a couple hands over that. This seems to be slowly dampening the leaves without discoloration. It might take a week, but when it's done I'll send you some. Working on a couple hands for Fusion since Monday. Start out brittle, but flex up nicely. If I were LO or WLT I'd have a better way... but as it is, I'm winging it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bliss, you do such beautiful work. First time I've seen a toro which wasn't 52 or 54 rg.

I'm experimenting now with a way to hydrate that FX CT for shipment without creating the dark damp stains you complained about. I bought a new stacker cooler, put a tray of water in it, put a grate over that, put a couple hands over that. This seems to be slowly dampening the leaves without discoloration. It might take a week, but when it's done I'll send you some. Working on a couple hands for Fusion since Monday. Start out brittle, but flex up nicely. If I were LO or WLT I'd have a better way... but as it is, I'm winging it.
Thanks, @webmost.
So, on the "toro" thing. The question of a toro's specs is what led me to roll that thing. Lately I'd noticed that many commercial cigars I smoke fall short of their claimed specs. I smoked a Warped Futuro Seleccion Suprema, advertised as 5 5/8 x 46 and called a "classic corona gorda vitola" on their website. YET it actually measures 5 1/2 x 44, making it a plain ol' corona. So THEN I smoked an Avo #2 CT, which they call a toro on their website and list as 6 x 50. And yet, just like many robustos I smoke listed as 50, it actually measures 48. So I thought, Well, what is a toro, anyway? I looked it up and most were in the 50-52rg, but many sites listed the toro vitola as 48-50, 48-52, etc. So I thought, well, at least Avo didn't lie calling it a toro. Then I noticed how much I liked the feel of that Avo and that's when I decided to try a toro with the FX Smith.

As for the wrapper, why do you have to moisten it at all? When I order that stuff from Jorge it comes tissue-paper dry and lubes up perfectly. Couldn't you just throw some hands in a long box? Anyway, thank you.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks, @webmost.
So, on the "toro" thing. The question of a toro's specs is what led me to roll that thing. Lately I'd noticed that many commercial cigars I smoke fall short of their claimed specs. I smoked a Warped Futuro Seleccion Suprema, advertised as 5 5/8 x 46 and called a "classic corona gorda vitola" on their website. YET it actually measures 5 1/2 x 44, making it a plain ol' corona. So THEN I smoked an Avo #2 CT, which they call a toro on their website and list as 6 x 50. And yet, just like many robustos I smoke listed as 50, it actually measures 48. So I thought, Well, what is a toro, anyway? I looked it up and most were in the 50-52rg, but many sites listed the toro vitola as 48-50, 48-52, etc. So I thought, well, at least Avo didn't lie calling it a toro. Then I noticed how much I liked the feel of that Avo and that's when I decided to try a toro with the FX Smith.

As for the wrapper, why do you have to moisten it at all? When I order that stuff from Jorge it comes tissue-paper dry and lubes up perfectly. Couldn't you just throw some hands in a long box? Anyway, thank you.
These hands came box about two feet wide, two and a half long, ten inches high. The box is labeled "Windsor Valley", IIRC. Each hand is fanned out as wide as the box will hold. Unless I soften the hands up, I can't figure how to separate leaves, no how to stuff them in a narrow box. When I get home, I'll try and take a pic.

Doesn't seem to matter when they prepare a hand at the factory. They stick the whole business into a barrel of water overnight, then on to the stemming machines. Comes out just fine. Not that big a deal when I am rolling a batch of ten for the mold, either. I gingerly work six leaves out of a hand, spritz inside a bag, and stick them in. But, apparently, when I spritz a whole hand to get them to you, by the time that they arrive, there's discoloration.

I wasn't born to this, so I have to learn the hard way.