What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Why do you think he does that?
Either he thinks the tails have a flavor that he wants to present first; or he spaced it and got confused.

I've noticed that "the last third" of a lot of cigars is often the richest and tastiest and wanted to start switching the leaves "upside-down" more in my own blends, so the first possibility is the more likely.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Makes the nub tastier? :)
I like it.

Either he thinks the tails have a flavor that he wants to present first; or he spaced it and got confused.

I've noticed that "the last third" of a lot of cigars is often the richest and tastiest and wanted to start switching the leaves "upside-down" more in my own blends, so the first possibility is the more likely.
its hard to believe he spaced it you know but, I like both of your guesses. I can't put all the tips up front myself any more. its just to much and, seems like a waist.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I've noticed the last third being the richest also in most cigars. I always thought it was because as you smoke resin build up in the last third. Never thought about leaf placement. Been watching these videos. Just wow.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Best music yet!!! Kinda reminiscent of pink Floyd in the beginning. You are very skilled bro. I've been reading things in the forums brewing hooligans journey and hopes stuff and of course everyone elses. I never realised the roll your own market was as big as it is.
It's a funny coincidence that you mention Pink Floyd, because when I was trying to find the right music for this video a friend said, "Dude, just use Have A Cigar." I was like, Uh, no. I originally used different music and it was blocked on copyright grounds. Waded through 100s of ideas trying to find something else I could live with.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a funny coincidence that you mention Pink Floyd, because when I was trying to find the right music for this video a friend said, "Dude, just use Have A Cigar." I was like, Uh, no. I originally used different music and it was blocked on copyright grounds. Waded through 100s of ideas trying to find something else I could live with.
That is funny. It just really seemed to work with the video. I'm a music lover of all genre's. At any given time my playlist could go from Charlie Pride to Eminem and everything in between.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What wrapper were you using? It looks perfect.
I used FX Smith CT Shade on the claro ones and LO Viso Habano Shade on the brown ones.

I have to mention that I've just recently opened a bag of LO "Nicaraguan binder," and these are the most beautiful wrapper leaves I've ever seen, a flawless rosado. They smell like fig/raisin, which typically means they are not fermented enough; but so far they haven't ruined any blends as a binder.

I just bunched a couple robustos that I was gonna wrap in CT, but I think I'll wrap one of them in that LO Nic "binder." Not a huge fan of the LO Habano viso wrapper flavor, and their Ecuador binder can be a bit young/fruity. It would be awesome if this Nic binder could replace both those leaves as a wrapper and binder. I reckon I'll know the answer to that soon enough. Might be worth trying to further ferment this stuff to get past the raisin stage if it doesn't taste right as-is.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used FX Smith CT Shade on the claro ones and LO Viso Habano Shade on the brown ones.

I have to mention that I've just recently opened a bag of LO "Nicaraguan binder," and these are the most beautiful wrapper leaves I've ever seen, a flawless rosado. They smell like fig/raisin, which typically means they are not fermented enough; but so far they haven't ruined any blends as a binder.

I just bunched a couple robustos that I was gonna wrap in CT, but I think I'll wrap one of them in that LO Nic "binder." Not a huge fan of the LO Habano viso wrapper flavor, and their Ecuador binder can be a bit young/fruity. It would be awesome if this Nic binder could replace both those leaves as a wrapper and binder. I reckon I'll know the answer to that soon enough. Might be worth trying to further ferment this stuff to get past the raisin stage if it doesn't taste right as-is.
nice to get so much info. Next I am keen to know home-fermentation process!