What's new

Videos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, @webmost.
Lately I'd noticed that many commercial cigars I smoke fall short of their claimed specs. I smoked a Warped Futuro Seleccion Suprema, advertised as 5 5/8 x 46 and called a "classic corona gorda vitola" on their website. YET it actually measures 5 1/2 x 44, making it a plain ol' corona. So THEN I smoked an Avo #2 CT, which they call a toro on their website and list as 6 x 50. And yet, just like many robustos I smoke listed as 50, it actually measures 48. So I thought, Well, what is a toro, anyway? I looked it up and most were in the 50-52rg, but many sites listed the toro vitola as 48-50, 48-52, etc. So I thought, well, at least Avo didn't lie calling it a toro. Then I noticed how much I liked the feel of that Avo and that's when I decided to try a toro with the FX Smith. .
I have noticed when I band my sticks ( after dry box 1-3 days) they are tight. When I take them out to smoke ( 3,4,5 weeks later) the bands are often much loosened. Perhaps there is shrinkage, and the vitolas are set and measured ROTT?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If blended while very dry, does that imply there won't be any further leaf interaction while sitting in the humidor? I mean the changes observed at three months, six months, or a year? Maybe without the added moisture it will take even longer for those reactions? (Writing this down was enough to lead me to think the moisture while blending may only effect the first time period, but maybe it kicks off the process too...)
Just a random thought, figured I'd ask in case youve experimented with this before.
My readings have indicated that there are 2 recommended humidity levels. The 70/70 we have all heard of is for log term storage. Higher Rh is for aging.