What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I visited Martinez Cigars in NYC the other day, whence came many of our molds. Met Jesus. "Bought" some of their cigars, but he wouldn't let me pay. Here's a couple minutes of one of their (Dominican) rollers, who uses the identical technique to the (Dominican) rollers of the New Orleans Cigar Factory.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I visited Martinez Cigars in NYC the other day, whence came many of our molds. Met Jesus. "Bought" some of their cigars, but he wouldn't let me pay. Here's a couple minutes of one of their (Dominican) rollers, who uses the identical technique to the (Dominican) rollers of the New Orleans Cigar Factory.
This is why it's important when doing events to have an abundance of pre-rolled... people see vids like this and they are like... is it ready yet? lol... watching the final dressing over and over makes cigar making seem like less than it is... Americans are immediate gratification on steroids... I only roll from scratch in public when requested and with the assurance of patience. ;)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Next time I drop by FX Smith's I want to pay close attention to how they stretch their wrappers out. I know they have a machine which slices the stem out. I ink I have a vid of that machine somewheres. Smith brags how that machine is the oldest machine he owns. Something like 125 years old or some such. But then they have a horse kinda like a mini pommel horse, like gymnasts use, but without the pommels. That's what they stretch a stack of wet leaves over, one leaf at a time. Anyways, I ought to make me some such doodad to use. It sure would make life easier if I could wrap with leaves that were already as flat as those.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every time I watch a vid like this, I wonder how'n the livin hell they get their wrapper leaf so utterly wrinkle free.

That's all.
I hardly ever know when your messing around. (do not change) If you want, I can repeat myself. REMi got it but she left one thing out. And if you like, I'll pull out the FX Smith video and point out what your missing in it.