What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is me tonight smoking a triple ligero I rolled last July. The reason I whipped out the phone to shoot this smoke is because the humidity has been 94+ for a week and it was raining; so I was pleased with how well this thing was burning. Tasting notes were "Trinidad + pepper." Enjoyment notes were "Mellow contemplative stoniness. No nicotine buzz but a feeling of alertness and happiness." I started smoking it in the late afternoon; unfortunately it got dark and I turned off the camera. This covers about 45 minutes.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Whew! What A Chore!

I tell you, this project gave me a new appreciation for Bliss's work. I have no music, no speedups, no slowdowns, no dissolving transitions... just a plain exposition of how a beginner can roll his first cigar. And yet, it took me eight tries to get everything in the frame & limit the content down to size. Then I had to download a couple of vid editing progs; then learn how to use them. Even as simple a thing as wading thru all the mysterious acronym options of how to export the file, which then takes, I dunno, an hour and a half to process and upload ... Holy Vid, Blissman!

But here it is and I just hope I don't have to mess with it any more:

Is what you see here the best way to bunch and roll a cigar? Of course not. And what's more I don't care. So you can keep your "I prefer entubado..." to yourself. It's not meant to be the best way. It's meant to be A way, a way simple enough the first timer can stretch his paws around it, a way that won't intimidate that first timer. It is no more than a simple way for a raw untaught beginner to roll a presentable stick that smokes good, right off the bat, without buying a mold, a chaveta, or anything else he doesn't have around his house.

So he can find out whether or not rolling is for him.