What's new

Well it’s baseball season officially

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I see Bote hit another walk off HR for the Cubs. He played college ball at Neosho CC about 80 miles from here. It's nice to see a local(ish) player have some success.
I was watching the World Series last year and this replied pitcher takes the mound and looked mighty familiar. It was my next door neighbor when I was a kid. Played little league together till I was about 12 and moved

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oakland A’s v. Twins, August 25, 2018
Jim Thome Night - Commemorate Thome’s 2018 induction into MLB Baseball HOF.

Thome’s Cerimonial First Pitch to Thome’s former teammate, Joe Mauer.
View attachment 119898
Jim Thome, Hall of Fame Induction Speech:
“To every kid who is dreaming of standing here one day: Take it one moment at a time. Don't sail too high or sink too low. Learn to be good at handling failure. Be the first one to the ballpark, be the last one to leave, work hard, don't complain, be a great teammate, and above all, treat people with respect."

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Really enjoyed the eighth inning in Colorado tonight.
I did too. Well the part where Matt Holliday came up to bat after just being picked up by the Rockies. Remember Holliday played for the
Rockies before being picked up by the Cardinals. Rockies AND Cardinal fans gave Holliday a standing ovation when he came to bat and hit a HR to give the Rockies a 1-0 lead. And as he circled the bases and crossed home plate, the Rockies AND the Cardinal fans were still giving him a standing O. It was very cool to watch and it's why MLB is my favorite sport. A class act by the Cardinal fans.
I know that isn't the reason you posted about enjoying the 8th inning, but I still think the Cards are making a strong run down the stretch. But an 18-5 record in August is pretty damn good and I have no doubt it has the Cubs attention. Like I said earlier, it's shaping up to be a fun end of the regular season.
Cards score 6 runs in the first inning of today's game against the Rockies, but lots of baseball left. 10-1 in the top of the 3rd and still batting. Hahahahahaahaha love it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!!! I'm super jealous!!!
It's a long story of how I got there. To make it short, I had 2-81 game tixs in the cheapest area possible in the upper deck for my daughter and I. Then I went down to 2-20 game tixs still in the upper deck but behind home plate. This year my daughter said she didn't have enough time to go to games so I did 1-20 game tix in lower deck, high infield box. I'm spending a $100 less than the year before when I had 2-20 game tixs in the upper deck.

My renewal notice came today for 2019, no change in ticket prices for season ticket holders for next year.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It's a long story of how I got there. To make it short, I had 2-81 game tixs in the cheapest area possible in the upper deck for my daughter and I. Then I went down to 2-20 game tixs still in the upper deck but behind home plate. This year my daughter said she didn't have enough time to go to games so I did 1-20 game tix in lower deck, high infield box. I'm spending a $100 less than the year before when I had 2-20 game tixs in the upper deck.

My renewal notice came today for 2019, no change in ticket prices for season ticket holders for next year.
Nice. Our seats are by the 2 gingers booth, handy cap row for brother in law, 3 spots, 20 game, split with in laws. There's not many bad seats in that stadium. First base line is awesome.

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Our seats are by the 2 gingers booth, handy cap row for brother in law, 3 spots, 20 game, split with in laws. There's not many bad seats in that stadium. First base line is awesome.
I was in section 317 last year row 5. Now I’m in 107 up top near the concourse. I’m under the overhang so I don’t get rained on.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
We were in left field, just about maybe 15" toward center from where Schwarbs section 305. What a night. Too bad we couldn't get the win tonight, but we'll get two tomorrow!
Wind was keeping the ball in, so not much in the way of bleacher views. Definitely some great pitching though, both teams getting out of jams.