What's new

What book(s) have you read or been reading lately?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was surprised how good this book was, the movie just ticked me off.

Moneyball by Michael Lewis - I'm not even a baseball fan and I really enjoyed this book, extremely interesting.

Walt Disney the triumph of the American imagination by Neal Gabler - About 1/3 of the way through this book, really enjoying it.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Playing for Pizza by Grisham via audio book last month. much better than I expected but very predictible.

Don't Blink by James Patterson via audio book currently. This one keeps getting better as the story goes along.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins book half way thru (to share with our daughter). Saw the movie already, book is MUCH BETTER.

All three are good books in their own way.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I read books on linux/windows pc's, a tablet, and an android phone...what do you folks use to read ebooks?
I have a Cruz Reader R101. It's actually just a cheap android tablet that (out of the box) isn't good for much else. But I paid $70 for it vice $250 for the color Nook I was looking at.

After I burned new firmware and overclocked it a little, it's actually not a bad little tablet. It's no iPad, to be sure, but I can email, surf the web, watch movies... and read books.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I drive 60-70 hours a week, so I do most of my books via audio. But, if I have the time to read, I do it the old fashioned way, dead trees. :)

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Haven't read a book in 2 years(no time). But last book I read was The Omnivore's Dilemma. Made me really think about what I was putting in my body and helped me stopped drinking soda and be healthier in general.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just finished that Walt Disney biography that I mentioned a few posts ago on here. He was kind of a POS. Kind of turned off of Disney now. If you're a fan, live happily in your ignorance and don't read the biography, heh.