What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don't really experiment with coffees like I do with cigars but I wouldn't mind buying some reputable beans and trying them. I do like coffee I usually drink this stuff my dad gets from caribou coffee, it is their own brand and it is I think honey roast. It is not as burnt tasting as french roast it is a little sweater tasting than that and it tastes real good. I still have yet to try coffee with a cigar.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Found out about a local roast house 10 min from the house that's where I go now. Currently waiting to be ground this morning is some Nicaraguan Strictly High Grown.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Chuck....you didn't care, for or haven't tried, Three Peckered Billy Goat?

I've been drinking that blend for probably 5 years now.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This might sound weird but for the past six years the only ground coffee I buy and keep in my house is from IKEA.

it's the BRYGGKAFFE MORKROST, IKEA's dark roast.

Everyone we serve it to loves it, then we tell them where it's from and they are surprised that IKEA even sells ground coffee.

then we tell them it's 3 bux a bag (.25kg/~.5lbs)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Home roaster here - made the switch a few years back. Since I picked up a roaster, commercial burr grinder and Rancilio espresso machine I rarely go out for coffee anymore.

Working on finishing two of favorites - Aged Sumatra roasted City+ and Indian Monsoon Malabar roasted City.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I just picked up a pound of the local roasters Costa Rican Tarrazu. I think I found a replacement for my once favorite Tanzanian Peaberry pre-burka estate from blackdog.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I liked the Cubita, now it's gone...

My favorite so far is Killer Beans Nic Knife Fight.

Love Black Dog too. When I have to pick up some from the market I usually grab Peets.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am a coffee "snob" I only drink 100% Kona Peaberry.... I have a small plantation on Kona that only gets about 25 to 30 lbs of true peaberry beans per year. I buy all of it. As it ripens... he roasts them and sends to me...

I am a huge fan of original Jamaica Blue Mountain. I have it shipped ..fresh roasted...to my door..about maybe 10 lbs a year.

I was also fortunate enough to hookup with some TRUE Kopi Luwac....after being scammed on some imitation crap...<~no pun intended... I actually had the Civet coffee shipped in..and had it roasted locally...that way I knew it was true civet coffee....the balance of this coffee..is quite unique... has some "unusual" characteristics not found in other coffees I've drank <cough> ... but it drinks well.... not sure it's worth $600 a pound.. my Kona for $30 is WAY more appealing...but hey...been there...done that....got the Teeshirt.... <~and yeah..i got the teeshirt... HA!...

I prefer to use a french press...only use a burr grinder to grind my beans...never order preground coffee... and demand my coffee come directly from the grower....

I know..I know..I'm a self centered pretentious Ahole...but hey...I told you at the beginnning of this ..I was a "Coffee Snob"