What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

MP.

Doesn't buy Altadis
Rating - 96.2%
37   1   0
Very nice Kojak! That sounds wonderful!

I get all of my beans from a local roaster, Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company. He does all of his roasting in small batches and the quality is incredible. The majority of the orders that I pick up have been roasted that day or the day before. Great stuff.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Starbucks "Caffe Verona" from Costco (ya I know, I know, Starbucks is evil, lol), good stuff anyway, made with french press setup. I think I will get my next beans will be from a local roaster though.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Been trying three different coffees from an ISOM. So far the Serano (sp?) is my favorite.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Currently working on a 1/2 pound each of home roast that includes Ethiopian Natural Gedio Yirgacheffe and El Salvador Natural Santa Rita from UncleBeanz.

Pretty good stuff. You gotta love that nice blueberry tone these have!

tkieck

Soldier of Fortune
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
highlander grog....smells great and isnt as sweet as it smells. Great with baileys to.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I've got a pound of Nicaraguan Strictly High Grown in the house and a pound of Brazilian Poco Fundo. The Nic is really mild but tastes great. The brazilian is more of a medium bodied coffee to me with intense nuttiness. I just made a 12cup press pot of the two equally blended. If it hid too much of the nuttiness I will make it a 1:3 ratio next time of Nic and Brazilian.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxwell House...Peace!
My favorite restaurant of all time had the best coffee ever. I asked the owner where he got that special blend. He looked at me quizzically and said, "Maxwell House."

It must have been that thirty something year old commercial Bunn coffee maker.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just finished a big cup of Starbuck's Sumtra. Made it in my french press. I love a Sumatra coffee, and fresh ground sumatra.... mmMMMMmmm!~!~

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I got the coffee bug I used to buy French Roast from a local shop and really enjoyed it.

But then I decided to roast my own beans so as to maximize freshness. Although I kept at it for about 18 months, using a hot air pop corn popper as my roaster ultimately led to the end of my roasting career. I could only roast 3/8s of a cup of beans at a time, and that meant ~17 roasts, each lasting for about 8 or 9 minutes to roast a pound of beans. Getting a roaster that would roast a cup to a cup and a half of beans at a time and thus cut the time of my roasts, and that wouldn't catch fire, was way to expensive. Roasting a pound of Sumatra thus cost me about 3 hours. Now if I hadn't found an alternative, I still might be roasting today, that alternative being the humble but very tasty Cafe Bustelo. Yes, the beans that I roasted tasted better, but not not better to the extent that they justifed the time and effort. And were I to continue to buy whole bean, they would of course be better, but not so much as to justify their expense.

I've been drinking Cafe Bustelo for about three years without complaint. But when I get a cup of coffee made from whole bean, I do enjoy it more.