What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Missionary friend fell in love with this while he was working in the D.R.
Ordered a case after he moved back and gave me a bag. Pretty good stuff.
2017-09-01 10.38.12.jpg
But my daily cheapy is "Wide awake Kona" ever since 8 o'clock African Plains stopped being available locally.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Missionary friend fell in love with this while he was working in the D.R.
Ordered a case after he moved back and gave me a bag. Pretty good stuff.
View attachment 100962
But my daily cheapy is "Wide awake Kona" ever since 8 o'clock African Plains stopped being available locally.
One of my co-workers bought some back for us when she went to see her family in the D.R. and everyone is raving over how good the coffee is. I'm sorry I didn't find out the information when I was there on what coffee was being served at the resort I stayed at because it was so good. Amazon is a beautiful thing, because I just did a quick search and it's available for purchase. Just in case you wanted to get your hands on more of it. ;)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeeeep. I think that's where he got it. Been meaning to make an order. But I have good irish friend in abingdon VA that's an amazing roaster, he says "I don't roast it to within an inch of its life". He's almost done with a year sabbatical in Europe, so I hope to be making a good order with him when he gets back.
One of my co-workers bought some back for us when she went to see her family in the D.R. and everyone is raving over how good the coffee is. I'm sorry I didn't find out the information when I was there on what coffee was being served at the resort I stayed at because it was so good. Amazon is a beautiful thing, because I just did a quick search and it's available for purchase. Just in case you wanted to get your hands on more of it. ;)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeeeep. I think that's where he got it. Been meaning to make an order. But I have good irish friend in abingdon VA that's an amazing roaster, he says "I don't roast it to within an inch of its life". He's almost done with a year sabbatical in Europe, so I hope to be making a good order with him when he gets back.
That's awesome. Some people have their calling when it comes to coffee roasting. We have a local guy here who makes phenomenal coffee. And if he's in the shop when you go for a visit you can literally pick his brain with coffee bean and roasting questions. He enjoys talking about anything and everything coffee.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
That's awesome. Some people have their calling when it comes to coffee roasting. We have a local guy here who makes phenomenal coffee. And if he's in the shop when you go for a visit you can literally pick his brain with coffee bean and roasting questions. He enjoys talking about anything and everything coffee.
Very Nice. Most I've met are great guys. This guy is the same way, a lot of times he likes to roast by ear. He says the water content varies too much to get it perfect by timer most of the time.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Nope, but I purchased some yesterday for my fiancé and I to try when I got their e-mail that it went live on their website. More so for her, because I don't do all this pumpkin stuff unless it involves beer LOL. Last year it sold out real fast and my mistake was dragging my feet and not jumping to get it when I saw it posted. They're only offering it in whole bean as well, which I'm glad I checked because I purchased a decent grinder too. I needed to get one anyway so the time was right.
Just an fyi, the flavoring of flavored coffees will linger in your grinder and you will taste it in other coffees.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Info please Chris!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
An Italian roast from one of our favorite places, Originale:

And I can't post this without saying how much we like this place. It's owned by real, honest-to-goodness Italian folks...husband and wife. She barely spoke English when we first met them. Their kids work there, too. Fresh focaccia every day, imported deli meats, hand made gelato, and all manner of other tasty treats. They also have retail shelves stocked with coffee, pasta, canned goods, oils, and what-have-you.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Do you guys buy different kinds of coffee? Store them in the containers and just have what ever your feeling that day? And have like 10 different coffees to choose from? Or do you have one or two different one pound bags and finish them then buy different ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Do you guys buy different kinds of coffee? Store them in the containers and just have what ever your feeling that day? And have like 10 different coffees to choose from? Or do you have one or two different one pound bags and finish them then buy different ones.

I like to have my coffee one at a time, and ideally use it all within 14 days of roasting. But sometimes, this happens lol:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah, I did...and some biscotti. You told me about them already.
I figured I did at some point in time. LOL.

Iron Bean Coffee's Ride or Die blend.

Did you get a chance to have some of this???? What did you think???

I'm guilty of having a whole bunch of different ones. A bunch of coffee's were bombed to me by some azzhats here. So I guess you can say I have a growing collection of beans now lol.