What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It's been really good. Seemed to come in pretty fresh. It just now bad a notice decline in taste after about 90 days in a dark 68 environment. Super sweet and enough acidity to make it pop but not stay on the pallets. It makes a great mokka pot cup Cuban coffee and makes a great clean cup. I havnt made it poor over but aero press came out very well on the medium scale. Lots of caramel and slight floral notes. I've gotten a few of the companies offerings so far and they have all been great. Their dark is super good fresh but I made a mistake and bought a 2 lb bag before I knew about how dark roast declined noticeably faster than others. Still good though. Give it a try for a Nicaraguan it's a fantastic brand and the Cuban line really had some good impressions. Especially for their price compared to other "top" brands.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's been really good. Seemed to come in pretty fresh. It just now bad a notice decline in taste after about 90 days in a dark 68 environment. Super sweet and enough acidity to make it pop but not stay on the pallets. It makes a great mokka pot cup Cuban coffee and makes a great clean cup. I havnt made it poor over but aero press came out very well on the medium scale. Lots of caramel and slight floral notes. I've gotten a few of the companies offerings so far and they have all been great. Their dark is super good fresh but I made a mistake and bought a 2 lb bag before I knew about how dark roast declined noticeably faster than others. Still good though. Give it a try for a Nicaraguan it's a fantastic brand and the Cuban line really had some good impressions. Especially for their price compared to other "top" brands.

Thanks for your input I really appreciate it brother!! I've been wanting to try Twin Engine for a while now, but haven't purchased yet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thanks for your input I really appreciate it brother!! I've been wanting to try Twin Engine for a while now, but haven't purchased yet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I want to try there natural wet hull or I tho k they call it their honey bear. Supposed to be really good.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0

Made a press yesterday 13:1, #7 handground, 195°f, 60 bloom 180 brew, scooped crust, Post filtered. Came out fantastic.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Half Cuban half nic blend with said aero recipe. Turned out super well. Nice balance if acidity and earth. Very refreshing yet satisfying with the mesh metal filter.

Note.

When cooling it builds in Cuban esqu wood notes but that cooled off Nicaraguan acidity never kicked in. Because of the lower brewing temp?!?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Anyone try some of the offerings from Delirio? It’s the new roasting operation done by Kyle of Warped Cigars. Haven’t had any, but hoping to get some when I’m stateside.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
These have been pretty good coffees so far. Roasted 3 days ago, the aa just turned into a berry bomb in the electric dripper. Both have done excellently in the aero. If your in the Amish country area try them out. Their baristas(girls behind the counter clearly aren't trained baristas though) aren't that great just an fyi.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If it's ten minutes your grind is WAAAAY too fine. Just saying.
I did a 700 ml poor for that one but it was still to long imo. It was 3.5 on the handground. I did a 3.0 grind with 300ml(+50ml bloom) that only took 4:45. The coffee was about another half inch up the side of the cone filter but I wouldn't have thought it would have compounded the brew so long with the coarser grind.