What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
18, HS student, got accepted to Purdue's engineering program, gonna be a ME.
I build robots, mod computers, go skiing, hunting, and fishing.
I can work a milling machine and a lathe with my eyes closed, can operate just about any power tool you can throw at me (sans tig welding), am an excellent archer, can downhill and freestyle ski with the best of them, I fish like a madman(done every kind 'cept deep sea- doing that next summer), do plenty of bow/gun hunting, and have an undefeated combat robot. I play lots of video games, one of my best friends is a photographer for a metal magazine so we get to hang out with rockstars sometimes, I love to travel (3 continents so far), and that's about it. This past summer I got a job machining custom Rolls-Royce parts. I really want to be a motorcycle or race car driver when I grow up, but then again don't we all. Oh yeah, I used to breed bettas (siamese fighting fish) but sold all of that stuff when I got into cigars.

My parents are extremely cool about cigars as my dad and uncles all smoke.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well I'll chime in on this...I'm 44 with a wife of 11 years and an 8 year old son who is autistic...great child, I wouldn't trade him for any typical child on the planet....I'm also a Builder / Developer....if you know anyone in this business you know it's not a job, it's a way of life....I love Golf, but don't have much time for it right now...NASCAR and Cigars, take up what's left...mostly cigars oh and a couple of these boards....Bman

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My turn..........I wonder if this is what an AA meeting is Like. I'm 30 years old. Been married for 6years to a great women I met while doing my six year stint in the army. I have a 23 month old daughter, 7month old son, we are raising my wifes brother that is 11 and have a dog(white boxer with only a couple teeth and two different colored eyes). I am now working at a hospital in materials management. Planning to go back to school next year in august. Hobbies are hunting or just tearing up some targets, fishing, golfing, kids, reading, cigars and this place. Love coffee and jack daniels.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Age old...I have a Sports Publishing Co...Been doing that for about 11 years. Spent 20 years in the Jewerly Business before. Family Wife 3 kids at home. 13,8,4. Off time Coaching Baseball Basketball. Raise Quarter horses. This year one of my Horses was World Champion at the World Paint Horse Show. Cigars I smoke everyday 3 or 4. Goal in life is to be as kind to as many people as I can. Sucess to me is a mans wish to leave behind things (not material) that others will remember him forever by. I like to help Kids Charities but dont like them even knowing I helped. The only Person I need it impress in life is God.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
jckposter said:
I like to help Kids Charities but dont like them even knowing I helped.
Now I understand. You are an inspiration. I bet you make a great roll model for your children and all the kids you coach. =D>

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey guys.

I'm 27, just got married in April, bought a new house in June and recently got a chocolate lab named Havana. She is a great puppy and a lot of fun to have around the house. To pay for my hobbies i work as a PBX administrator for a state agency here in VA. My background is in computer networking, but this PBX admin gig is working out well.

Besides talking about, trading and smoking cigars with my fellow BOTL I'm into firearms (IDPA shooting and self defense training) Formula 1 racing, golf and recently single malt scotch.

This is a great board.....I look forward to getting to know everyone here! Great thread.

-Paul

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am 30. Currently seperated from the wife...hopefully getting a divorce soon... so I can smoke my 6 year old Opus X Robusto. I work at a local bank as a Collateral Analyst. I monitor Asset based and Formula based loans.

I have been smoking for about 10 years. The girl friend is great and supports my habit...got to love it....I am very lucky

Cigar_Ben

NiceTightAsh.com
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey guys,

Well, most of you know most of this about me anyway, but here's my tale. I'm 29, birthday is July 29, and I'm engaged to the bestest, most beautiful woman in the world. I graduated from Mississippi State University in 2000 with a degree in Computer Science. I work for Northrop Grumman (the company and makes all the stuff that goes boom for the military) in the Information Technology sector. I was supporting our Ships Systems sector building the new stealth destoryers (DD(X) program) and now I work supporting our Electronic Systems. Anyway, I've been into cigars for about a year now. Still learning, especially about isoms. I also VERY big into history ( I will be going back to college to get my Ph. D in history), archery, hunting, fishing, firearms and cutlery. Other stuff I like is cooking, martial arts, guitar and motorcycles.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I did'nt know we'd be getting all serious like this :smt102

Ok, i'm 28 years old. I build custom computers, as well as networking and consulting. This is on a very limited basis, i have a few local contracts but mostly odds and ends via word of mouth.

I started construction full time when i was 15, and then alternated with auto mechanics and cooking... Oddly the last job i had was as a retail electronics store manager.

For a hobby, i was a firefighter... i put years into it, went to training and live burns, multiple nights per week... as well as attending the New York State Firematics Academy.

I was also studying to become an Emergency Medical Responder.. Unfortunately, an accident took that away from me. So now i'm disabled and my hobbies are much less exciting. :?

I've spent the last four years with a great woman, and that does'nt look like it'll change. She won't leave me the hell alone :roll: We went to high school together, and we're both the same age. We don't do anything very exciting, mainly spend evenings cooking a nice dinner, then enjoying coffee/cappucino over a good movie.
She seems to be interested in my hobbies too :smt102
It's been four years, and we've never had so much as a disagreement.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
gonz said:
She seems to be interested in my hobbies too :smt102
It's been four years, and we've never had so much as a disagreement.
For the first part, you are the luckiest man in the world. The second part, well...you are either even luckier, or so screwed it's not even funny! :twisted:

Sounds like you've got a keeper there Gonzolee.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well. let's see.... I spent about 20 years welding and doing metal fab. Meanwhile I played in a lot of bands. I'm a drummer.

I got tired of the welding shops, and went into management for 10 years. I got sick of not being able to please either those above me, or below me. :roll:

So I have been a plumber for about 8 years, but I'm gettin' too old to do that shit all day every day. So my best friend, (and partner), and I designed a new product.

We got it patented. It's gone through several design changes, and it's going through another major one as we type. This new design will give us a utility patent, instead of just a design patent. We have also designed three other things (pat. pend.) that will make it a more complete system.

It's being manufactured, and is on the market. You can all help in this fledgling business by keeping your collective fingers crossed, and sending positive mojo's. :D If you'd like to see our product, we have a very humble information website... http://www.versablock.com

I've been into cigars for about 5 years, and also enjoy guns and hunting, reloading, fishing, boats, and piddling around in my shop welding and doing woodworking.

------------
RiverRat the hopeful entrepreneur.

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I work for an ISP installing and troubleshooting DSL connections. Its the essentially the same company Newt works for so its nice to have another BOTL around.

In the off time I enjoy all things geography, history (mostly WWII), and home roasting coffee. I too have mad geek flava and have the glasses to prove it! :) Much of my free time is devoted to increasing my spirituality. This is a slow, ongoing process...

I am getting married next October to the love of my life (yes its a woman...). She is great and good for me, and is about the only person I know that will put up with my acute weirdness... :lol: I expect wedding presents from each one of you! :wink:

Ah what a great life I lead. Sometimes I hardly feel worthy to live it! You guys are the best...

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ripe young age of 40, Married with six children ages 16,13,13,11, 2.5,2.5 , yep two sets of twins :D Married to my solemate who enjoys everything I do from cigars to sex :wink: Been working for the same company for 21 years now as a Technical sales consultant, pretty much work with companies IT departments presale, to make sure we can interface our products with their system.

We do alot of camping in the spring and summer, we have a 32ft Travel Trailer, I love to bass fish but haven't had the time since the 2.5 year old twins were born.

My perfect night is coming home from work, enjoying the family until they go to sleep, sneaking out to my porch/smoking room with the paper a nice glass of port and a good cigar.

Through cigars I have met and continue to meet some of the best people I have ever met, caring, generous and genuine people. I just hope I can give back a fraction of what the "BOTL's" have given me.

Ironman

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ironman said:
Through cigars I have met and continue to meet some of the best people I have ever met, caring, generous and genuine people. I just hope I can give back a fraction of what the "BOTL's" have given me.
That's what i'm talkin' about bro! 8)

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, where to start?

My names Todd, I'm 27 years old and married. My wife, Rachel, is 24 and we have a 13 month old daughter named Gwendolyn. We are actively working on giving her a sibling :lol: . This coming February we will have been married for five years. We met in the Army in 1998 and have now been out of the Army for two years. We both work for Leica Geosystems GIS & Mapping out of Alexandria Virginia. We have been working in mapping and satellite imagery since our time in the Army.

In our spare time we thorougly enjoy camping, hiking, bike riding, and going on road trips. Yes, we can actually still do all of that with a 13 month old :shock: 8) .

We started smoking cigars on the weekends this past July. I smoke almost nightly now, if I can. Rach usually only smkes with me on the weekends.

Anyway, that's about it for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I pretty much do large scale technology consulting, anything to do with computer systems. I've done a lot of different F-100 gigs. I helpd Pfizer build their north American technology center in New Jersey, and then moved several computer systems from all over the country into it. I've run the entire IT operation for Ryder. I directed a $43MM Y2K remediation for LTV Steel in Cleveland (over 2.5 million lines of code). I've done IT strategic plans for some of the biggest companies, including Dayton Hudson (they own Target and Marshalls, among others), and I've installed ERP systems and enterprise web portals for some big companies like Johnson and Johnson. My hobby (besides smoking cigars) is building web sites for small businesses... I love helping entrepreneurs!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well let's see. I'm 44 and have been married for 23 years. We have no kids but have 2 dogs, Maddie and Sadie. Both are pretty spoiled but that's okay.
I am a technician III in the pharmacy department at U of I Hospitals and am mainly involved in extemporaneous compounding. I'm only working 1/2 time right now due to a lengthy battle with aplastic anemia and just had the two-year anniversary of my diagnosis on Dec 16. I'm happy to say that I feel better now than I have in over 2 years.

In addition to cigars I like fishing, sports, (Hawkeyes, Cubs, Bears) and weekends relaxing with my wife and friends.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
ok...

32, Engineer at a biotch/gene therapy company in the Bay Area. Married for two+ years, have a wonderful 16 month-old baby boy. Recently bought our first home, so currently we are fixing it up and getting settled.

In addition to cigar, I enjoy reading, running marathons, home improvement (a new found hobby !) and, strangely enough, working. I actually enjoy my job. My boss is a long-time friend, so it's a pretty good setup.

Graduated from Chapman University down in Orange County CA with a degree in Physiology.

Most interesting tidbit: I played baseball all thru college. Played at Arizona State, and had Bary Bonds' old locker for a year (I didn't find any of 'The Cream' or 'The Clear' in it though).

Glad to be at this new forum !!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
The name's Craig Schneider, as many of you know. I'm a young fool who enjoys all things that are passionate. From movies to books to my girlfriend to the thing I'm most passionate about, God. I'm a thinker. Not that this makes me a smart guy by any stretch of the word, rather I just say that to convey that my minds always going. I don't want to live a life full of fluff and unnecessary pleasures so I am always thinking of ways I can make every day better for anyone I can.
If you've ever helped pick up a piece of garbage in a parking lot or grabbed a complete stranger and prevented them from falling down, you know what I mean.
I'm a Construction Manager and Architect by profession, but the hobbies that make me tick are obviously cigars, but also writing and having a good laugh. In my opinion, too often do we get controled by our lives instead of doing the things we had always intended on doing. I want to lead a life where I make a difference, have a good time and lead by example; so I do it. It's just that simple. And I want you all to know, I'm so fortunate to be a part of such a great group of guys that if there's ever anything I can do, for any of you, don't hesitate to ask. Shoot me a PM and we can talk about it without the thought of anyone else knowing ever coming up. Any way I can repay my debt to those who brought us this place, I am willing to do so.