What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

cjv

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1017 Colonial Road, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
I am 34, married for 4 years, with an 18 month old daughter. I am starting a new position at the Florida Medical Entomology lab, having graduated from grad school last month. I am researching West Nile virus transmission here in Florida. Beyond that, not really sure since I have only been here for 1 month.

I have been smoking for about 3 years now, having started at a wedding of a friend of mine.

I enjoy computers, video games, reading, some TV shows, movies, and baseball.

Chris

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow lets see.

27, married for almost 5 years to my highschool sweetheart (starting dating at 15 years old). No kids yet.

Currently self employed as a Lumber Broker. I am my own boss, set my own hours, and all I need is my cellphone and laptop to do my job. I love the freedom.

Prior to that I was a Deputy Sheriff. Largest county in Alabama, over 300 deputies, blah blah blah. Still have my APOST certification (Alabama Sheriff's Academy for 4 months) and will probably go back to that once I have saved a large amount of money because it was so much fun.

Hobbies range from Paintballing, Sportbikes, trying to rollover my Jeep to keeping the little lady happy.

--Josh

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
jckposter said:
Age old...I have a Sports Publishing Co...Been doing that for about 11 years. Spent 20 years in the Jewerly Business before. Family Wife 3 kids at home. 13,8,4. Off time Coaching Baseball Basketball. Raise Quarter horses. This year one of my Horses was World Champion at the World Paint Horse Show. Cigars I smoke everyday 3 or 4. Goal in life is to be as kind to as many people as I can. Sucess to me is a mans wish to leave behind things (not material) that others will remember him forever by. I like to help Kids Charities but dont like them even knowing I helped. The only Person I need it impress in life is God.
Nice Jerry, the world would be a much better place if everyone took the same approach to life. =D>

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Besides cigars.....

I moved mildy upstate in NY 30 years ago to work for IBM. Still surviving through all the downsizing and stuff mainly because I support and order Thinkpads and PC's. As long as we run Windoze and hire Comp Sci Graduates I'll always have too much work fixing problems.

Living in the same house for 26 years (replaced everything at least once). Like coffee, woodworking, carpentry (humidor next), plumbing, electrical, gardening, pond building and all that tinkering. Married to a wonderful women (Saint Michele as I call her) for almost 27 years. The love of my life and she even understands cigars and beer.

Two great boys one that just started as an elementary school teacher and a younger free spirit who blessed us with a grandson this year. Sadly I'm no longer number one in my wifes eyes. What a great baby, cries less than his parents.

I like hiking ( http://www.mohonk.com and http://www.lakeminnewaska.org) and photography a lot. I'm big into Home Theater and have a Sony Hidef CRT set and a Mitsubishi projector. Yamaha receiver and Klipsch surrounds in a 15' x 26' living room we added on 2 years ago. You are all invited to a movie or game anytime.

I also am an avid Homebrewer and beer judge, I've been doing that for about 15 years. I know all about, have sampled and brewed lots of world wide beer styles. Now I'm starting to learn about cigars and find it's a lot like homebrewing and I'm making new friends.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Good Thread! :D

I'm a trial attorney, former prosecutor, and now practice in the areas of family law, Matrimonial, and criminal defense. It's pretty stressful, and cigars help me relax! I also enjoy running and reading, and am quite active in the Masonic fraternity and my Church.

I live with my wife and my children from my first marriage; a son, 16, and a daughter, 14. My oldest son, who is 19, is a freshman at ASU, and has started smoking pipes and cigars! :smt003 We have a dog, Calvin, who is 13 and very friendly.

I smoke N/C's almost exclusively, mainly Fuente and Padron products, though I enjoy smaller ISOM's.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
My name is Larry, i'm 26 yrs old and recently married in sept.

I met my wife at a bar one night, she was an Au pair originally from Estonia and was there with about 15 Au pair friends. We got to talking, packed all the girls in 2 cars and eventually went back to my friends party that night with all her Au pair girlfriends...As you can imagine everyone was excited. 3 years later we got married infront of the justice of the peace and plan to have a religous ceremony next november.

I went to Brandeis U in waltham Mass, i played baseball there then transfered to Fordham U in the Bronx NY and played there aswell. I work as a developer/architect for computer systems. I just wrote a some software for fire departments that my friend and i are trying to market and start our own business with.

I played baseball/football/basketball all year round since i was about 5, so i'm a pretty big sports fan. Like the Yanks, Giants and Knicks. Recently got into cigars once a co-worker passed me along a box of Victor Sinclairs. My tastes have changed since then.

:smt025

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mods, can you make this a sticky so it will be more available when people first sign up instead of having to bump it up from the bottom of the pile??? Its a good way to get to know all the brothers on the board.

Just noticed the introduction forum, that would be a good place to put this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 41 years old...42 in March. Property Manager/Realtor/Loan Officer (however can make money!) with a great company Double R Realty. I have been clean and sober for 18 years. I am married to a wonderful woman Deb who is very supportive of what ever I do. I have a 20 year daughter from a previous marrage, Elicia, who just graduated from the Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute, she is working and living in Orlando Florida. I have a cigar distributing business that helps me pay for my hobby/habit, one weekend a month. Deb and I have no kids...but are avid pet lovers, we have lost some pets over the last 2 years or so and we are down to 3 ferrets, 1 dog and our newest addition to the family is an African Gray Parrot named Baby...the princess of the house. I love cigars(2 cooler-a-dors, 3-300 count humidors and 2-20 count humidors), movies, computers, cooking, fishing, camping and I am rebuilding a work shop in the garage to start up with wood working again...going to build my own humidors.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
J.P. 28 -- currently I am a photographer, I run my own shop shooting portraits, weddings, and local sports action. Trying to go national with my wedding biz. Got married in april 04 and have my my first child a boy coming at the end of feb.

I'm a seriously slow typer so I read a bunch more than I post on these boards.

Got into cigars initially during the boom when I was in Norfolk, VA working Naval Intelligence. Stopped cigars for some time cuz my hometown didn't even have a cigar store until two years ago. But not anymore! just stepped up from a 50qt cooloerdoor to a 120qt + a nice limited ed. RyJ humi my wife bought me for my birthday.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I turn 40 in March, 3 kids 13 year old boy, two girls 7 and 2(in Feb). I play golf, fish, and have been an electrician for 20 years. Started my own Company 8 years ago and love it (hate it year end/tax time). My wife is the best woman in the world, she buys me cigars, humidors (Diamond Crown & Aristocrat) and accessories, rarely complains about my cigars or golfing. What more could a man want.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned 30 this year (wife forgot, yeah, I'm a little bitter). I have a 4 year old little girl who is absolutely the center of my world and a 4 month old little boy who is currently pissed about the 2 shots in each leg he just received. I'm on wife #3. The first one was right out of highschool, what can I say, big mistake. The second one screwed another guy and got knocked up while I was away in the Marine Corps serving my country. Real sweet, huh?

I am currently in college for Mechanical Engineering and I do nuclear research at the college. I haven't a clue what I want to do when I graduate. My wife wants to go to nursing school and then on to be a doctor, so I will support her in that when I graduate. She seeks the instant respect that she thinks will come with having the letters "Dr." by her name. She's much younger than I and she won't listen when I tell her that the road she wants to travel will only leave her empty inside. I try to get her to do what will make her proud of herself, but I didn't listen at that age, either. Anyway, if she makes it through medschool, I am going to be a stay-at-home dad. That's really all I want to do with my life at this point, take care of the kids and smoke cigars while they are at school. After the kids graduate, maybe I will look for something to do again.

Hobbies? Well, let's see......I like motorcycles, enjoy riding mine when I can. I like to play video games with my daughter. She can play games at 4 that she should not be able to play. A smart one, that girl. In the last year, I have gotten into reading again. Trying to keep the mind from going stale on me. I read Bram Stoker's Dracula, Dante Aligheiri's Inferno, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekkyl and Mr. Hyde, Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, Wyatt Earp: Frontier Marshall, Anne Rice's Servant of the Bones, and I am working on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein now.

That's me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wellllll.......49 years young...engineer for an oil company...wife judy and boys clint and cole(boys are in college just now)...travel , diving , cigars , read all the time(book a week since i was 13).

derrek

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Howdy from Alaska. And I mean freaking cold Alaska. Been married for 10 years but dated my wife for 5 before that. I'm 34 year housedad for my wonderful 4 month old daughter. Graduated from the University of Texas in 1994 then followed the wife to Houston for 8 years. Ended up in Alaska as she fulfills her obligation to the U.S. Army.

Big college football and basketball fan. Been smoking cigars since my freshman year in college. Figured out that I drank less when I smoked and that helped the beer budget. Weren't those the days?

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi everyone. I am 40 yrs old and I am a Manufacturing Supervisor. I just finished up my bachelors degree last May and am now deciding whether or not I want to go on for my MBA. I have been married for 15yrs and have two step daughters who are grownup and out of the house so it's just me and my wife at home with our two dogs. I have been Smoking for about 15 yrs and picked it up from my father who picked it up from his so it seems like it is kind of a family tradition.
When jnot working my wife and I like to travel to warmer climates, I also like to golf (though I am not very good) and spend time with friends and family.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
RN (Registered Nurse to the uninitiated). Been an RN for 15 years. Have a wife(shes an RN too) and a 2 year old daughter. Both of us work at the Univ Hospital. She doesn't totally approve of my cigars( her being an CCRN in the Cardiovasc ICU) but it was better alternative than smoking cigarettes which I have been doing for 25 years until I switched to cigars last 2003. I now work at Cardiac Telemetry - a medical unit that monitors the patient's heart 24/7.:smt063

kctaxman

...not postpadding...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 year old tax attorney. I Love target shooting & reloading when I find the time, 3 kids under 8 keep my wife & I busy.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I work for the best Boss and the best company in the US ...........The Company is mine and Im the Boss..ROLFLMAO