What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a Unix Sys Admin with my previous employer. Have my RHCE on RHEL6, although I haven't been in that position for 4 years now. RHCE is far and away the most recognized certification in this field, definitely go for it if this is truly what you want to do for a career.
Yeah thats next on my list of certs to get.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm 28. I am an electrical engineer in the commercial construction industry. I am studying for my PE. Failed once already, so I hope I can pass in October! I am getting married in February to a woman that is far more attractive and intelligent than I deserve. I like archery, shooting guns, hunting (future wife got me into hunting... she's a better hunter than I am). For some reason I love late winter bow hunts. I like to snowboard as well. Hell, I just love winter (I know, I'm crazy). We just bought a house so I am enjoying the housework and learning how to do little house projects.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well aside from pipes and tobacco I also am a big craft beer and whisky guy as as most men in the Shenandoah Valley who enjoy a good drink. I am soon to be married to my best friend Megan. I currently work for the top solar company in the US solar city. It is a pretty rad job. I am surrounded by hippies and nerds who learned how to make a lot of money.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well aside from pipes and tobacco I also am a big craft beer and whisky guy as as most men in the Shenandoah Valley who enjoy a good drink. I am soon to be married to my best friend Megan. I currently work for the top solar company in the US solar city. It is a pretty rad job. I am surrounded by hippies and nerds who learned how to make a lot of money.
Do you ever make it out to the Winchester pipe club get togethers?

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well i'm glad to find some like minded people, when it comes to smoking cigars. I'm 51 second marriage of 4 years, born in Seattle but grew up in So Cal, Chatsworth, 2 sons 25 and 27, I'm retired from the operating engineers, and work as a public works inspector for the city of Los Angeles now going on 8 years, I live in the mountains between bakersfield and LA so I have a heavy commute and enjoy cigars during that time alone, as I do anytime of the day, working outside is in my blood, I like taking the boat out on the lake by my house and fishing, avid club 4x4 member in Frazier park, so lots of wheeling, I've been smoking cigs since 11y/o, I like church hills RyJ medialla de oro reserve, RP edge & AB presendo, i smke cigars daily, Cubans are overrated for the price. Army vet/ Navy Dad

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well I am making my way through the forums and trying to hit all the newbie threads so here is a bit about myself:
I am Jason......41, a business analyst for an energy company, kind of a semi - IT - techy nerd type. Married for 18 years, 2 daughters and 4 dogs.
We had our house built 2 years ago and low and behold I planted a magic bean and a 1200 SQFT shop sprouted up right beside it and my mancave was born.
Half of it is mancave/airconditioned workspace and half is a woodshop so I tinker from time to time.
For hobbies, I have too many but currently I throw most of my money at making custom pens. Wood, bone, watchparts, themed etc. and I also have a cnc laser cutter so I can make fancy little boxes for them. I play a bit of warhammer, and have spent entirely too much money and time paining tiny figurines.
Fortunately, and or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, cigars have once again claimed a stake on my wallet, time and attention and I love to barter and tell tall tales with like minded individuals, thats my story and Im sticking to it!!!

Zclassy1

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I am making my way through the forums and trying to hit all the newbie threads so here is a bit about myself:
I am Jason......41, a business analyst for an energy company, kind of a semi - IT - techy nerd type. Married for 18 years, 2 daughters and 4 dogs.
We had our house built 2 years ago and low and behold I planted a magic bean and a 1200 SQFT shop sprouted up right beside it and my mancave was born.
Half of it is mancave/airconditioned workspace and half is a woodshop so I tinker from time to time.
For hobbies, I have too many but currently I throw most of my money at making custom pens. Wood, bone, watchparts, themed etc. and I also have a cnc laser cutter so I can make fancy little boxes for them. I play a bit of warhammer, and have spent entirely too much money and time paining tiny figurines.
Fortunately, and or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, cigars have once again claimed a stake on my wallet, time and attention and I love to barter and tell tall tales with like minded individuals, thats my story and Im sticking to it!!!
Well nice to meet you Jason, welcome, I'm a newbie myself( Todd ), but have found everyone to be welcoming , good luck with the cigar issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm turning 38 on the 26th of October. I'm married and we have two boys, currently 6 and 5. I also have two younger siblings. I'm a Project Manager / Landscape Designer at a moderately sized Landscape Arch / Planning Firm in Honolulu. I like to cook, mostly easy stuff because my kids don't care for the fancy stuff. They love pasta and pizza, so do I; and mostly because my wife cant cook, and she knows this.

I had a lot of hobbies, activities and past times growing up. I did the usual Hawaiian local boy stuff - surfing, diving, fishing. I still try to get any free time I can to do any one of those. I did a lot of martial arts, my dad was the main enforce, a 4th dan karate black belt and 3rd dan judoka black belt. So my brothers and I did both and were successful at it, currently playing my hand at jiu jitsu. I'm more laxed with my kids, they train judo and jiu jitsu, they seem to have more fun than I remember during my youth. I did a lot of racing during my adolescence, raced dirt bikes, roadrace bikes. then I got into 1/4 mi with my car and bike. I had this sweet 86 grand national that I regret so bad for selling. but used that money to buy a G35 and roadraced and drifted the hell out that car. now I drive the family in a Honda accord. Eventually i'll give my toys to my kids; still got G35 - unstreetable and not kid-safe (roll cage) and sport bike (my commuter before I we had kids) and race bike. But for now, what I really enjoy is watching my kids grow up.

Last edited:

Zclassy1

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm turning 38 on the 26th of October. I'm married and we have two boys, currently 6 and 5. I also have two younger siblings. I'm a Project Manager / Landscape Designer at a moderately sized Landscape Arch / Planning Firm in Honolulu. I like to cook, mostly easy stuff because my kids don't care for the fancy stuff. They love pasta and pizza, so do I; and mostly because my wife cant cook, and she knows this.

I had a lot of hobbies, activities and past times growing up. I did the usual Hawaiian local boy stuff - surfing, diving, fishing. I still try to get any free time I can to do any one of those. I did a lot of martial arts, my dad was the main enforce, a 4th dan karate black belt and 3rd dan judoka black belt. So my brothers and I did both and were successful at it, currently playing my hand at jiu jitsu. I'm more laxed with my kids, they train judo and jiu jitsu, they seem to have more fun than I remember during my youth. I did a lot of racing during my adolescence, raced dirt bikes, roadrace bikes. then I got into 1/4 mi with my car and bike. I had this sweet 86 grand national that I regret so bad for selling. but used that money to buy a G35 and roadraced and drifted the hell out that car. now I drive the family in a Honda accord. Eventually i'll give my toys to my kids; still got G35 - unstreetable and not kid-safe (roll cage) and sport bike (my commuter before I we had kids) and race bike. But for now, what I really enjoy is watching my kids grow up.
Welcome bro.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Don't know how I missed this welcome thread!

I'm 21 from the suburbs of Chicago IL. I'm recently quite my job in August at my local credit union to go full time in college. I was taking 2 classes a semester and working at the same time and it was becoming apparent that I was never going to get my degree. It was a big risk but I'm really glad I did it even though I'm living off 9.8% loan money right now... I'm currently studying Organizational Communications at Northern Illinois University. May change my major next year but I'm not sure. I have time thankfully before it becomes not worth it. I love to woodwork. During high school I built my bedroom dresser, night stands, and our kitchen table. I also helped fellow classmates build pretty much every piece of furniture from corner desks, full bars, to poker tables. Now I got really into lathe turning and currently have a little store online where I sell custom old time Wet Shaving brushes and a few other things. I have a great girlfriend Emily who is completely out of my league. I've already met some fantastic people here, and I'm looking forward to my steep drop-off the edge into this great world. Thanks for welcoming such a noob to your world.

Tommy

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I work in inside sales for a large wire manufacturer. A very family oriented company that I'm happy to work for. I previously worked for another wire manufacturer in the midwest and managed a gas station.
I spend most of my time working and try to find some time to smoke cigars and surf the net about cigars (mainly here as I have basically no local friends that smoke cigars at all, which is unfortunate).
I also have a wife and 2 teenagers that keep me very busy - a boy and a girl, so I get to enjoy all of the different facets of teenage drama. In my spare time I enjoy shooting, cooking & bourbon, and also hanging out with my family, 4 dogs & 11 chickens.
Unfortunately, my wife is unemployed at the moment, so we are beyond limited on income, which puts a very heavy damper on being able to do much as far as extracurricular enjoyment, but I'm praying that will change soon.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Another freedom-loving BOTL after my heart! (y)
I'll send one up for ya brother! :)
Certainly appreciate it - would love to at least not worry about finding money for groceries again. It would be even nicer to be back to the point of being able to buy smokes and bullets without budgeting months in advance :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roadhouse
I'm, 56 years old, a retired truck driver. I'm married / 35 years. I enjoy RV-ing, Riding my Harley, going on Cruises with my wife and friends. I've just started smoking cigars again at the first of this year /2015. I started hanging out at my local cigar shop and now I work there part-time. I really enjoy it! Great way to support my cigar hobby!!