What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This sounds a little like an alcoholics anonymous session but here goes:

My name is John, Johnny to my freinds which is most people who like cigars, whisky and beer :smile:

I'm 37, been smoking cigars for about 8 years. Originally from the sunny east coast of the UK in a little town called Withernsea. Lived in the city of Hull for the last 18 years. I've had various jobs but the last few years I've been a supervisor for research companies and the last year for the NHS Trust here in Hull. Just about to have our first child in a couple of weeks, so any day now really. I'm going to be the stay at home dad as my wife will be training to be a speach therapist also for the NHS. So i've got 3 to 4 years of sick on my shirts to look forward too :skew: I've built my cigar room up in the loft accessible by ladders only, so no smoke anywhere near the new arrival and my little bolt hole when the wifes about!!

I suppoert Hull FC in the rugby and Hull City in English football and St Johnston in Scottish football.

I was a bit of a rocker in my youth so Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Iron Butterfly, VDG etc, but softened into folk, folk rock and jazz also a big Johnny Cash fan.

Favourite cigar at the moment would be the ISOM Trinidad Reye. Best cigar ever was an ISOM Flor De Cano I had many years ago, which lasted far too long and gave me the biggest nicotine rush I've ever had, but it was worth it for the myriad of flavours I enjoyed.

Just getting into US availble cigars as i've found a couple of suppliers in the US now that deliver to the UK and use lapyap. Also found Vegas De Santiago recently that do the same and they have some decent cigar as well especially the Puros Churchill 7x48.

The last few smokes from the states have been Gurka, Puros Indio and CAO Camaroon. Looking forward to trying the Padrons and Torano i hear so much about.

This seems like a really nice set of cigar folks and cigars is what I'm here to talk about and share.

Slainte

Johnny UK :smokingme

P.S.

Being in the UK I'm not sure what I can say about ISOM so hopefully using that abbreviation is all I have to do, but please let me know as I don't want to upset anyone or the board admin?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
ISOM, Cubans, Habanos, Havana Cigars...what ever suits your fancy Johnny. :thumbsup:
I just get worried as certain other boards seem a little paranoid about mentioning Cuban cigars or tasting them. I don't want to post cigar reviews and not mention that its's a Cuban version rather than a DR or people may think I'm talking about a totally different cigar experience, which indeed i would be. :lookaroun

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I never posted on this one so here it goes...

My name is Ryan and I am just starting my 3rd year of medical school with Michigan State. I am working at a hospital in the Grand Rapids area until I graduation in 2007. I haven't decided on a specialty yet but I am open to suggestions since I have to apply for residencies in about a year. I got into cigars mostly on my own and with no support from friends or family. I started on this board just because there isn't anybody around that I can talk shop with. I was a huge golfer but I have become so busy that my skills are slipping. I've been seeing my girlfriend (who is a zoo keeper in Chicago) for 3 years and we are planning to get married even though I am too big of a wuss to propose. I'm glad I found a community that shares my interests and that is full of generous and friendly folks. Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Peter, and as you may have guessed from my nick, I am a plumber. I worked in Commercial construction for about 25 years before being called into the office to work as an estimator. I have been doing mechanical estimating for over 6 years now. I currently work with JC Goldner who was instrumental in getting me back into cigars after many smoke free years, and also responsible for me joining this group.
In my spare time, I work with a guy who is a glass blower. I help him with his artwork, and also build equipment for him, such as furnaces, annealers, etc. It keeps me out of trouble, and also give me plenty of time outside to smoke.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Peterplumber said:
My name is Peter, and as you may have guessed from my nick, I am a plumber. I worked in Commercial construction for about 25 years before being called into the office to work as an estimator. I have been doing mechanical estimating for over 6 years now. I currently work with JC Goldner who was instrumental in getting me back into cigars after many smoke free years, and also responsible for me joining this group.
In my spare time, I work with a guy who is a glass blower. I help him with his artwork, and also build equipment for him, such as furnaces, annealers, etc. It keeps me out of trouble, and also give me plenty of time outside to smoke.
I am sure glad you introduced yourself and clarified that you are Peter and a Plumber and not a Plumber of Peters :laugh:
Welcome!!! :waving:

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
smokem94 said:
I am sure glad you introduced yourself and clarified that you are Peter and a Plumber and not a Plumber of Peters :laugh:
Welcome!!! :waving:
That's a good one! I can use that one at work.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I retired from the USAF going on 7 years ago, and I've been with the FAA for almost 4 years now, as a management assistant.

In my spare time, I'm Mr. Fixit/Buildit/Tearitdown around the house, a rootin'-tootin'-shootin' Cowboy Action Shooting competitor on some weekends, an amateur photographer on others, as well as a flyfisher & flytyer, cook, would-be sommelier, occasional leatherworker, and star of the karaoke stage.

Memberships: Veterans of Foreign Wars (Life), National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, Single Action Shooting Society, and Sam's Club.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Randy
Live in Mesa AZ. One step away from hell
I work at IKON office solutions we lease Canon and Ricoh copiers and sell maintenance agreements for them; I order the copiers and make sure they get to the customers. Hobbies are cigars RC cars and gaming. Drink Budweiser and never had a real Cuban cigar

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Since I've never posted on this one...it's about time.

My name is Kevin. Living now in Appleton, WI. Spent 3 years living down in Columbus, Indiana working for Cummins Engine Company before returning to my home state with my family (wife, 2yr old and another on the way). I am now a Senior Design Engineer at Oshkosh Truck Corporation working on heavy defense wheeled vehicles. Primarily I have been working on new technology concepts such as the 2 hybrid-electric cargo transport vehicles we have.

Hobbies are cigars (duh), some computer games, hunting, fishing, camping, and I've picked up softball this year to add to the trap shooting. An extra night or 2 away from home isn't always the best in the wife's opinion, but I'm sure some of you can relate, gotta get the fun stuff in before the body can't keep up.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
piperman said:
Hobbies are cigars RC cars and gaming. Drink Budweiser and never had a real Cuban cigar
RC cars? I used to have several of them. I had the Lunchbox, striker, grasshopper and one other i forgot the name of (I think it was named after a snake). Thats a pretty cool hobby, got any pics of the rides?