What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a 56 year old A&P (Airframe & Powerplant) mechanic for a major airline here in Tulsa for 22 years. I have worked as an avionics tech for 10 years with a stint at DFW airport Line Maintenance for 4 years 8 months. Returned to Tulsa Maintenance Base as a General mechanic. Worked on MD-80, 737, 757 767, and 777. Currently working on 757 systems including engine and wing systems. I have a small engine repair job on the side repairing lawn mowers, string trimmers, blowers, chainsaws etc... Been married for 25 years to my wonderful wife and have one 20 year old son who is currently going to Tech school. I enjoy the outdoors, which includes hunting and fishing.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I am a 56 year old A&P (Airframe & Powerplant) mechanic for a major airline here in Tulsa for 22 years. I have worked as an avionics tech for 10 years with a stint at DFW airport Line Maintenance for 4 years 8 months. Returned to Tulsa Maintenance Base as a General mechanic. Worked on MD-80, 737, 757 767, and 777. Currently working on 757 systems including engine and wing systems. I have a small engine repair job on the side repairing lawn mowers, string trimmers, blowers, chainsaws etc... Been married for 25 years to my wonderful wife and have one 20 year old son who is currently going to Tech school. I enjoy the outdoors, which includes hunting and fishing.
I thought my job was cool!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I myself am an explosives handler. I know it sounds like BS but that's really what I get to do. I'm a Wireline-Perforation operator in the oil and gas industry and am gone for weeks on end. On my days off I enjoy my recliner and a nice med or full body stick. As I type this I'm drawing on a nice Surrogates Animal Crackers, lounging by the hotel pool in Bossier City, La. The Haynesville has its perks lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am a Process Control Console Operator in a refinery that refines crude oil into gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and other things.

When I'm not at work I'm a father of 4, a guitarist, a Bible study teacher, a volunteer at the local food bank, a smoker of meats, and a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done many things over the years from wine business and finance, real estate and private investing. I broke my back 10 years ago or so from a car hitting me on a motorcycle (twice actually) spent 8 years in bed. Quite literally. Have a family now and decided to stay home as my son has some serious health issues and just diagnosed with autism as well last week.

Lol. It sounds horribly depressing and much of it was and is, but so happy with my awesome family. Dying to get out into work again and start a new business. Hopefully in the next year.

Hobbies are hiking, camping, reef tanks, reading, writing. In the past, if it was fun I did it a lot. Snowboarding, martial arts instruction, windsurfing, diving, hang gliding, all things exciting. But right now my life is quite the opposite. At home all day for my kid and trying to keep busy. Now he’s in school and new medications, hoping to start something soon. Got a nice, tall, intelligent and gorgeous blonde wifey with a medical license paying the bills at the moment. So ... can’t complain on that front. She’s amazing. But I do feel like I’m in a prison not working, not having that satisfaction of accomplishment. I can work hard all day but it’s not the same as a career... but I’m sure I’ll rebuild and get things going again soon. :)

Re. an earlier psot.. The worst thing one can do is compare themselves to others too much. Lead your own path. It’s tough not to, but it generally isn’t helpful.

As far as what’s next? I’m not sure. I’ve worked for myself since I was 24 and 40 now. I’m decent at having my own business. Just need to pick a direction and go. Trying to find something I can run from home for now. I’ll find it .... hope it’s sooner than later. :)

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Twain

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I fixed things that other people broke. Then I supervised people who built other things. Then I convinced people not to break themselves. Then I got paid to break things (while I convinced other people they don't break). Now I sell things.

I started my professional career as an A&P mechanic for Pratt & Whitney's overhaul center in Georgia. I was a turbine mechanic and borescope inspector for a while.

Then I started with my current company (we make automotive shop equipment... brake testers, dynamometers, lifts) supervising the assembly line. When I finished a few extra college courses on Industrial Health and Safety, I found myself in the roll of EH&S Director. After my company decided that they no longer needed someone to look after the EHS program full-time, I found myself in the roll of running the marketing and product development departments, where I spent a couple of years finding ways to intentionally misuse equipment and break something.

Now I still look after product development, but I'm also taking over sales for all of the US and Canadian market beginning January 1st.

In my time away from work, I shoot competitively, fix my old cars (I have a thing for junk cars... I can't explain it), ride motorcycles, do motorcycle custom work for a little extra cigar and ammo money, do wood work, and I like to travel.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
First I fixed things that other people broke. Then I supervised people who built other things. Then I convinced people not to break themselves. Then I got paid to break things (while I convinced other people they don't break). Now I sell things.

I started my professional career as an A&P mechanic for Pratt & Whitney's overhaul center in Georgia. I was a turbine mechanic and borescope inspector for a while.

Then I started with my current company (we make automotive shop equipment... brake testers, dynamometers, lifts) supervising the assembly line. When I finished a few extra college courses on Industrial Health and Safety, I found myself in the roll of EH&S Director. After my company decided that they no longer needed someone to look after the EHS program full-time, I found myself in the roll of running the marketing and product development departments, where I spent a couple of years finding ways to intentionally misuse equipment and break something.

Now I still look after product development, but I'm also taking over sales for all of the US and Canadian market beginning January 1st.

In my time away from work, I shoot competitively, fix my old cars (I have a thing for junk cars... I can't explain it), ride motorcycles, do motorcycle custom work for a little extra cigar and ammo money, do wood work, and I like to travel.
I was expecting you to sell propane and propane accessories...taste the meat not the heat

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting you to sell propane and propane accessories...taste the meat not the heat
[Hank Character]2012 was a rough year for the Texas Propane Association. I briefly worked at Dale’s Dead Bugs, but eventually found my way back to Jeans West before Mr. Strickland was able to hire me back on.

Of course, I feel like he could have waited a little longer to hire a secretary and brought me back a month earlier, but a working man doesn’t complain when he has a job in the Texas Propane industry... I tell ya what. [/Hank Character]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
[Hank Character]2012 was a rough year for the Texas Propane Association. I briefly worked at Dale’s Dead Bugs, but eventually found my way back to Jeans West before Mr. Strickland was able to hire me back on.

Of course, I feel like he could have waited a little longer to hire a secretary and brought me back a month earlier, but a working man doesn’t complain when he has a job in the Texas Propane industry... I tell ya what. [/Hank Character]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for that

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Primary School Teacher (Foundation - 5-6 year olds) here in KL, Malaysia.

Wine, reading, gym and hiking.

Love sport, tragic supporter of-

Collingwood (AFL)
Knights (NRL)
Seahawks (NFL)
Celtics (NBA)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 30. I’m a social worker involved in several different positions. My full time job it at a inpatient psychiatric hospital (after a full day there it’s nice to go home to a cigar), I also counsel a few individuals on a contract basis, as well as working at my friends business developing and presenting trainings for others mental health professionals.
In my free time lately I’ve been going to the gun range to become more proficient with my handgun. I also enjoy reading and traveling new places.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm 50, married 7 years, and step dad to 3 young adults. I'm a software support engineer for one of the largest software companies in the world (been there the last 15 years). I recently adopted healthy eating / exercise, with that I play tennis 4-5 times a week, and help people with eating disorders. It's strange a lot of people questioned why I'd smoke cigars if I'm "healthy" and I can't explain it to them but I think smoking cigars is beneficial to mental health (relaxing, meditative, and extremely enjoyable). It's not so helpful to financial health but what is???

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I’m 30. I’m a social worker involved in several different positions. My full time job it at a inpatient psychiatric hospital (after a full day there it’s nice to go home to a cigar), I also counsel a few individuals on a contract basis, as well as working at my friends business developing and presenting trainings for others mental health professionals.
In my free time lately I’ve been going to the gun range to become more proficient with my handgun. I also enjoy reading and traveling new places.
Work with a bunch of social workers at a skilled nursing facility I work at. I’m an occupational therapist working with a wide variety of orthopedic, psychiatric, neurological (TBI, CVA and spinal cord), cardiac and pulmonary patients. Recently transitioned back to OT after almost ten years doing drug research at a pharmaceutical company and in academia. Also spend a good amount of time working on my rifle and handgun proficiency and enjoying cigars with some single malt scotch to relax.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 y/o male who is married with no children. I work in healthcare. In what free time I do have I enjoy bowling, video games, and magic the gathering. As others have said before, i appreciate cigars for allowing me to take that time for myself.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think I have done this before, but rather than going through 67 pages and checking to make sure, I thought I'd do it again.

I am a Pastor (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod) for 27 years, 20 of them here in the north woods of Wisconsin. Husband of my first wife for 35 years in June. 2 sons (3 miscarriages). Volunteer firefighter for the Embarrass Fire Department, volunteer chaplain for the Shawano Sheriff's Dept., was an elementary school teacher for 4 years, and this past year I was a guest professor at a Lutheran Seminary in Nigeria.

When I am not doing those things I enjoy; fishing, hunting, shooting, a good book, hiking, kayaking, cooking (because I like to eat), and an assortment of other things.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My turn I guess,

I'm a husband of 32 years strong, father of 3, and grandfather of 3 and 1/2. I've lived the majority of my life in southern Minnesota but have also lived in New Jersey, Virginia, Texas, Germany, and Kansas. I am a proud American. Bleed red, white, and blue. So after high school I spent a few years in Army Aviation bending wrenches on the greatest anti-tank flying weapons platform ever devised by humankind, the AH-64 Apache! Along with that I am also a veteran. So to all my brothers and sisters in arms out there, thank you for your service!

In this current time of uncertainty I'm lucky enough to be employed at a company that's been deemed "Essential" and leaves me with one less thing to worry about. So to those less fortunate during this time of crisis my heart goes out to you.

I enjoy both hunting and fishing in the north woods, when time allows. I also enjoy a good cup of coffee, a good beer, and a great meal, though not necessarily in that order. I love spending time with my family, especially when we can all get together while doing a few of my previously mentioned life's pleasures. :D

Satch