What's new

What does your screen name stand for?

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
EVP goes back to my wrestling days. My friend owned a professional wrestling company in Southeast NC and my "official" position was the Executive Vice President of Independent Championship Wrestling. During promo's that was alot to say all the time so it got shortened down and I started saying, "As ICW's EVP" and eventualy shortened it again to "The EVP".

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
lived overseas in Europe for many years when I was growing up, we always used to travel to other countries on summer breaks. So I just love traveling and going new places.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Baldanders is a character in Gene Wolfe's "The Book of the New Sun". One of my favorite book series ever. Wolfe took the name from Jorge Luis Borges's "The Book of Imaginary Beings"

In his own words...I took the name of the giant who is still growing from The Book of Imaginary Beings, which may not be Borges's best work but which I felt free to steal from disgracefully because even second-rate Borges is very good indeed. Borges is capable of making up much better books and monsters and authors than anyone can find in libraries."

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Well, I used to frequent a lot of Wet Shaving (Soap/cream and brush) forums. If you've been to my profile (or look at my avatar) You'll notice that I'm into straight razors and strops (Restoration, honing, etc).

Anyways, on those forums, I went by ShavedZombie because it was a shaving forum, and I dig zombie flicks. Once I got into making my own strops for the razors, and running an out-of-basement restoration business, I took up the name "Doctor Z's strops and Restoration" on those forums... Well, ShavedZombie would be odd on this forum, so I went with Dr. Z.

Also, I'm currently in college heading to grad school, with the final destination being my Doctorate. I'd like to be a private practice MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist), so Doctor.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Baldanders is a character in Gene Wolfe's "The Book of the New Sun". One of my favorite book series ever. Wolfe took the name from Jorge Luis Borges's "The Book of Imaginary Beings"

In his own words...I took the name of the giant who is still growing from The Book of Imaginary Beings, which may not be Borges's best work but which I felt free to steal from disgracefully because even second-rate Borges is very good indeed. Borges is capable of making up much better books and monsters and authors than anyone can find in libraries."
I always thought your first or last name was Anders and you were bald. I have to admit, though, the first time I read it, I put the emphasis on the wrong syllable. I read it as BAL-danders. I really didn't think you'd call yourself "nutsack dandruff". Glad to see I was completely off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
McLovin is my favorite character in a movie (Superbad) and i'm a personal trainer...soooo McTrainer!

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have very fair skin and albeit this "habit" is considered less than holy (gasp) it's also considered by many to be one of the finer pleasures in life. So White we go, as opposed to dark.

I'm very Wolfish, in a lot of ways that's my animal.

My legal name means "Little King" in Hebrew=prince.

And there's some past life shit in there, so now we have

White Wolf Prince. Or Dark Wolf Prince when I'm referring to my writing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life's Too Short for Bad Cigars

When I first started smoking cigars I either had enough time to where if I smoked a bad one I could smoke another to alleviate the bad one. Either that or I was trying so hard to detect flavor and complexities, I simply wasted my time.

My current cigar ethos is that I smoke what I like, if I pick up subtleties, great, if not, no worries. The objective is either to relax or enjoy the shared fellowship of a cigar or both.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
On other forums its Dread Pirate Brett. Growing up the Princess Bride was one of my favorite movies and I wanted to be Dread Pirate Roberts so it just stuck. I cut it down to just Dread because Im lazy.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have very fair skin and albeit this "habit" is considered less than holy (gasp) it's also considered by many to be one of the finer pleasures in life. So White we go, as opposed to dark.

I'm very Wolfish, in a lot of ways that's my animal.

My legal name means "Little King" in Hebrew=prince.

And there's some past life shit in there, so now we have

White Wolf Prince. Or Dark Wolf Prince when I'm referring to my writing.
That's a neat story...but WhiteWolfPrince isn't your screen name...