What's new

What Grinds My Gears Thread

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Something I can't stand...poor customer service.

Today's example...I came across a website for a b&m about 2.5hrs drive from where I live. On their site they have pictures of an "annual havana trip" that they do every november. Using the contact info, I email the owner asking if they're planning on doing the trip this year. Here's a direct quote of the email I sent him:

Hi Jerry,

I came across your website and was immediately drawn to the annual Havana trip photographs you have posted. Is this something you will be doing this year as well? I'd be greatly interested in any information you can provide.

Thanks for your time,
Brent
London, Ont.
And here's the entire text of the email I got back:

perhaps

touch base with us in september.

Now....I'm certainly not a businessman, but I did work retail for the better part of 10 years before I found something I love to do...Am I wrong to be completely put off by this? There's absolutely no chance of me "touching base" with him in september now, nor ever darkening the doorstep of his b&m (which happens to be in the city where my parents live)...Just seems like bad business to me no?

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I hate it when people stay in their iPod all day long, you ask them something and they get pissed off for the rest of the day. What tha hell is that?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
There's a girl at work that doesn't chew, she just swallows! I can't eat lunch in the same room with her.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
People who call and then ask you to hold while they order at the drive thru. If it's that important for you to call, then wait until you've got your food :cursing:. Also those who have crappy cell phone service and get snippy because you can't understand what the hell they're trying to say between all the white noise, fading in and out, and getting dropped. Either get a better phone or change carriers you cheap a$$.

Dan

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
People who call and then ask you to hold while they order at the drive thru. If it's that important for you to call, then wait until you've got your food :cursing:. Also those who have crappy cell phone service and get snippy because you can't understand what the hell they're trying to say between all the white noise, fading in and out, and getting dropped. Either get a better phone or change carriers you cheap a$$.

Dan
Yep I just told a lady to casll me back once she got home because I couldn't hear her. She said this was her commute time and she always smokea cig while driving so the window was down. She is 5 months behind on her mortgage, and couldn't take 15 minutes to talk about how to fix the problem. F her, she can lose the house if that is how she's going to handle her business.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Yep I just told a lady to casll me back once she got home because I couldn't hear her. She said this was her commute time and she always smokea cig while driving so the window was down. She is 5 months behind on her mortgage, and couldn't take 15 minutes to talk about how to fix the problem. F her, she can lose the house if that is how she's going to handle her business.
That's probably why she's losing it in the first place.

Dan

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I hate it when people that have horrible music tastes, blast their f'n music in the car while in traffic, so, not only do have to listen to that sheit, but sometimes you even have to listen to the :ahole: behind that wheal sing to it.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I HATE caller tunes. Just because you think a particular song is great doesn't mean I should have to be subjected to listening to it while I wait for you to answer your damn phone!

Dan