What's new

What is in this Drew estate cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I would be pretty disappointed if i saw these things in a cigar more than once. I know Britt only had his first but what about the others? What is we are smoking this stuff and have no clue. If it is buried in the middle you would never know.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
If anyone is ever worried about whats in your cigar especially a DE, as a public service I will dispose of these worrisome sticks for you at no charge then send you a picture proving that I saved the public by destroying it. And if you send enough I will fill up a mason jar as a urn for you to display proudly showing you took these menacing sticks off the street.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
If anyone is ever worried about whats in your cigar especially a DE, as a public service I will dispose of these worrisome sticks for you at no charge then send you a picture proving that I saved the public by destroying it. And if you send enough I will fill up a mason jar as a urn for you to display proudly showing you took these menacing sticks off the street.
Exactly

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok I think I have some I'm worried about. What's your address?

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Ok I think I have some I'm worried about. What's your address?
Psh yeah that's not a trap at all. Haha

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
This thread interested me, for sure. I've smoked a few cigars over the years that just went bad on me. Not a little bad either, like holy shit what happened to this stick its so awful I want to vomit bad. I'm wondering if something like this could've been the issue. I never dissected them to find out, but if/when it happens to me in the future you bet your ass I will be. It recently happened to a friend of mine who was smoking a Viaje DES 2. Nothing like having $15 flushed down the drain 1 inch into the cigar. Wish I could go back and pop it open and see what was going on there.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Its probably something that was on the rolling table or maybe that was used to wrap the leaves. You probably won't ever see something like that again and I don't know if I'd go as far as saying something to JD about it or putting pics up all over the forum. It is what it is, Drew Estate is dead on 99.99% of the time with amazing cigars

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Its probably something that was on the rolling table or maybe that was used to wrap the leaves. You probably won't ever see something like that again and I don't know if I'd go as far as saying something to JD about it or putting pics up all over the forum. It is what it is, Drew Estate is dead on 99.99% of the time with amazing cigars
One guy on here said it happened twice to him, so I'll have to disagree with you about this being the only time it'll happen. Out of curiosity of what exactly it is alone I think the OP has a right to ask JD or see if the company will give him a response. Now, if it was a cracked wrapper or a burn issue or something then I would agree with you to simply chalk it up as a loss and there would be no need to get DE involved, those kind of things DO happen. This, IMO, shouldn't just happen. Shit like this is why people say to never smoke fake CCs, as you simply don't know what's in them. If he didn't notice this or if it was in the middle of a cigar he could've smoked right into it which wouldn't have been good. I don't think the OP was putting DE on blast by putting it up on IG but I can see why he wanted to take it down. And as far as not posting things up, I personally feel as though a lot of people would feel differently about this if it was any another company. And respectfully, he's not "putting pics up all over the forum" if theres ever a place to have a discussion about this it would be here on the BOTL website.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Regretfully this type of FOD (foreign object debris) occurs - tacks, string, paper, etc. We obviously strive to prevent it and as a result it is very rare, but given you are making millions of units by hand it regretfully does.

This is something we tirelessly work to reduce but it does happen from time to time. If it does ever happen to you, please contact me and I will get you a replacement.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Regretfully this type of FOD (foreign object debris) occurs - tacks, string, paper, etc. We obviously strive to prevent it and as a result it is very rare, but given you are making millions of units by hand it regretfully does.

This is something we tirelessly work to reduce but it does happen from time to time. If it does ever happen to you, please contact me and I will get you a replacement.
No replacement is needed at all. I was simply curious if the object could be identified.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
One guy on here said it happened twice to him, so I'll have to disagree with you about this being the only time it'll happen. Out of curiosity of what exactly it is alone I think the OP has a right to ask JD or see if the company will give him a response. Now, if it was a cracked wrapper or a burn issue or something then I would agree with you to simply chalk it up as a loss and there would be no need to get DE involved, those kind of things DO happen. This, IMO, shouldn't just happen. Shit like this is why people say to never smoke fake CCs, as you simply don't know what's in them. If he didn't notice this or if it was in the middle of a cigar he could've smoked right into it which wouldn't have been good. I don't think the OP was putting DE on blast by putting it up on IG but I can see why he wanted to take it down. And as far as not posting things up, I personally feel as though a lot of people would feel differently about this if it was any another company. And respectfully, he's not "putting pics up all over the forum" if theres ever a place to have a discussion about this it would be here on the BOTL website.
Agree to Disagree.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
If anyone is worried about smoking ligas with plastic string in them. No worries, I'm sure there are a few liga whores that would be happy to test your remaining stash.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
If anyone is worried about smoking ligas with plastic string in them. No worries, I'm sure there are a few liga whores that would be happy to test your remaining stash.
Tim needs more ligas in his life...

Where is that pen
No I don't. Hahaha.. I get that shit happens but I always say when God creates the perfect man we will then have a perfect product. It is what it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.