What's new

What is your favorite ethnic cuisine?

What is your favorite cuisine?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Interesting that out of 43 voters for a food category ... the French (with tons of world-renowned chefs) have been shutout. Too much butter, cream sauce and foie gras? No French fast-food places?

I voted "other" as the favorite restaurant of my wife and I serves food with Swiss and French influences. I also have fond memories of my own ethnic foods (Polish) - with my grandmother making ox tail and duck blood soups, thin egg pancakes, beef wrapped in cabbage and sweet desserts when I was young.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I went with "Other" as well, I grew up with Polish food, my mother being from Poland we had alot of homemade pierogi's, galumki's, breads, potato pancakes, soups....man I miss it, I look forward to the call from my mother saying she made some extra food and too stop by!!!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I went with "Other" as well, I grew up with Polish food, my mother being from Poland we had alot of homemade pierogi's, galumki's, breads, potato pancakes, soups....man I miss it, I look forward to the call from my mother saying she made some extra food and too stop by!!!
Gotta love the Polish food!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Italian, Mexican a close second - though I prefer socal Mexican to this Tex-Mex crap I get here in Texas. The drawback to both of the above is that neither pair well with dessert - as French seems to. However since wine and beer is a far more important consideration and wine and beer pair well with Italian and Mexican respectively the are my first and second choices.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I eat Mexican the most because my g/f is a picky eater. But, a great Chinese buffet for $5 is a deal! I hardly pass those up when I'm hungry and she's not in-tow. Although I do feel bad afterwards for eating it.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Now that I read the thread, I need to try more ethnic food. I love sushi, it just gets too expensive for me. And nothing like some good ethnic southern food, ya got that right 'Dub!

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Tie between Mexican and Italian for me. Although, if the wife and I are going out for a nice dinner, we're more likely to go Italian. Not too easy to find upscale Mexican. (Rick Bayless does have an upscale Mexican in Chicago called Topolobampo though)

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I voted Italian as it's my favorite of all listed.

But I enjoy Mexican, Thai and chinese & Indian food alot as well.

In fact, I tend to eat more ethnic food than regular American food.

Last edited: