What's new

What is your favorite lighter?

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The one that works because I swear I have to have three lighters on me when we go smoke cigars because at least one won't work(and I've had two not work). I just want one that isn't too expensive that works all the time :(

I've been thinking of getting one of those with the clear tank so I can see how much fluid is in it but just haven't pulled the trigger.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not the best lighter I have reviewed, but I love the organomics in my hand, slimmer profile, and thumb action. That said, my go to is the Axia in G2 finish (pictured on left). My favorite Xikar finish. The one on the right is an old Element. Xikar has since replaced the Element with the extremely popular ELX.
image.jpg

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My favorite lighters are a Zippo with a double torch insert for larger ring gauges, a Ronson Jetlite for my single torch needs, and a Djeep for my soft flame.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Same here. The Ronson is sturdy and reliable, and affordable enough to keep a few around.
For touch-ups and re-lights, I find that a classic Bic works well for me.
I have a Ronson, but did some alterations to it.

Remove the safety and tweaked the ajustements. The process is documented somewhere in the forums here and on YouTube, I simply did the same and it makes the lighter just better.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have a Ronson, but did some alterations to it.

Remove the safety and tweaked the ajustements. The process is documented somewhere in the forums here and on YouTube, I simply did the same and it makes the lighter just better.
I'll have to look that up - thanks!
You mentioned a safety - is that the same Ronson Jet Lite? My Jet Lites just have a flip-open lid, and a push button...

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'll have to look that up - thanks!
You mentioned a safety - is that the same Ronson Jet Lite? My Jet Lites just have a flip-open lid, and a push button...
The push button is somewhat hard to press, theres extra care as a safety measure to prevent younglings from using it. It can easily be made for easier depression.

I think this is what I followed.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
OK, got it - you're right about it being a bit of a hard push, I always assumed it was connected to the ignition, as a necessary aspect of getting it to spark.
Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Black Watch Dark Ops. Inexpensive but works. Single torch. I got one of these after getting frustrated with a Bic on a windy day.

I love Zippos but never tried them for cigars much. The only times I did, I got a little soot on my cigar. But I've never noticed it impacting the taste. I use Zippo pipe lighters all the times with briar pipes.