What's new

What is your favorite lighter?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This is like show and tell.....
I have a Jetline DT-500 quad flame cigar lighter. Well as I'd like to call it my "baby glock lighter." Also, my Vertigo Spider double torch with a bonus punch at the bottom of the lighter. And my realtree camo zippo with the Z-plus butane insert. These 3 are my go to lighters for all my cigar smoking needs. And I have my jetline pipe lighter also with a built in tamper.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thread.

I have collected quite a few lighters over the years... Aside from cosmetics, like so many things, every lighter has been an exercise in compromise. That said, I recently bought the Xikar Allume and it's proving to be a near perfect everyday-carry (EDC) lighter so far.

- So small you could almost call it "cute" - if it wasn't for the fact that it works so well

It's an incredibly small lighter that fits in your watch pocket with no problems making it incredibly EDC-able. Moreover, the finish seems robust enough to survive a beating, looks "rich", and the fuel window means you always know if there is enough gas to go around.

Another nice feature that aids in it's EDC prowess, is that the lighter deactivates when it's upside down. Hence, if you put it in your watch pocket upside-down, you never need worry that you'll inadvertently lose gas as you go on about your day. Note however, once you have lit the lighter, it will function upside down (nice).

It's a single jet. There are pro's and con's to a single jet, but what is nice is, there is no "lid" to get in the way as you work what could be a large ring gauge (single jets with lids that get in the way are PITA's [for me anyway]). Finally, in spite of it's size, they put a flame adjust on the bottom that's easily manipulatable with no need for a screwdriver (nice).

- Tiney isn't it?

In spite of its being a fantastic small EDC lighter, it really is easily manipulatable and feels comfortable in the hand, but it sucks as a tabletop :)!! Moreover, if you are prone to losing stuff - buy it in yellow or orange :).

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have way too many lighters but I just can't seem to stop buying them. My favorite "type" is a soft flame like the Xikar Exodus which is my favorite...the next soft flame is the Ronson Comet....it is great for taking on trips because it's a soft flame and is refillable. There are torches I like and have too many to count and even though it's a torch I tend to keep the flame short so it doesn't scorch the tobacco.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

Now that I have a new hobby, I have a new favorite.

I got a new girl now. I got a new girl now... and she's a lot like you :)

Probably more accurate to say I have another vs a new.

Last edited: