What's new

What was YOUR first Car!!!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
2 of my older brothers and I shared a mazda 626 (maroon) in highschool. it was an '80 I think(?). Then my second to last older brother and I had a 1981 Jetta , Black (LOVED that car)...
my first car (that was mine) was an '89 Dodge Colt Hatchback, white( named Emma) and since then only 2:
a black 1999 honda civic EX(named sophie) and my baby now is a 2005 Charcoal Honda Element EX (named Ella , the Element).

do you name your cars?
:lady:
I've had names for several of my cars.

My '78 Volvo was 'Burly'.
I had a Buick a girlfriend called the 'Luxury Liner'
My copper-tinted Thunderbird was 'Penny'

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My first car was a 1987 Plymouth Duster...affectionately named the "plastic car" by several friend because it was basically an Omni with the rear deck stretched and a plastic facia.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
'77 Thunderbird w/400 ci 2v with the independent marshmallow suspension. aka. Thunder-chicken and the Loveboat. :innocent:

Looking through the older posts I see I was redundant. At least I remembered what car I was driving.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Why do people name their boats?

Odd, maybe, but the tradition goes back a ways.....
My buddy has some huge ass power boat that he named "Sick Leave" so when he called into work on a lovely Saturday, he'd tell them to "Show him on Sick leave" and he wouldn't be lying. Silly but true.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I remember that. However, you weren't laughing at the time. Thank God I never really crashed into anything other than deer. Oh I forgot another alias -- Bambi Killer

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
What's with all you people naming cars? :wink:
My Truck is named "Big Truck" my last truck was named "Red Truck". Big Truck is larger than Red Truck was so that's the reasoning. Red Truck is now the size of a large suitcase and is red, thus the name. Guess which one is Red Truck?

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine was a 1998 Chevy Prizm. It had 158,000 miles on it when I got it. The clutch, tranny, and the front suspension all went at the same time. 5,000 miles after I got it. Good thing it was free to me.