What's new

What was your first Handgun?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I love my Glocks and 1911s, and all my other guns. It's silly to limit yourself to one camp when there are so many excellent options out there!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
And my first handgun is going to be a Kimber Raptor 2 in just 2 more months when I turn 21.
You and me both brother! That gun is damn sexy. As is the Kimber Ultra Carry II. I am in the midsts of selling some of my old possessions in order to save up enough cash for one. Those things ain't cheap!

Speaking of which, where's the best place to get used handguns? I spoke to the rep at my local shop but he said they don't come across either of these items used very often because owners love them too much :bangbang:

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
You and me both brother! That gun is damn sexy. As is the Kimber Ultra Carry II. I am in the midsts of selling some of my old possessions in order to save up enough cash for one. Those things ain't cheap!

Speaking of which, where's the best place to get used handguns? I spoke to the rep at my local shop but he said they don't come across either of these items used very often because owners love them too much :bangbang:
Speaking of which my dad used to own an Ultra Carry II but sold it and bought a all stainless Kimber Gold Match II.

And for used handguns you might have a "Gun Pawn" around you. There is one by me and they have fantastic deals on new and used guns, way cheaper than stores like Cabellas. Another option is going to local gun shows. Here we have "Washington Arms Collectors" and they have a huge swap meet that also has vendor tables 2 or 3 weekends a month at the local fair grounds. Most guns there are used and can be purchased for cheaper than anywhere else.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
First was a Sig 226 .40

just added a S&W .38 special ultralight to the collection.

And yes the sig is a nightstand piece still.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Beretta 92fs given to me by my dad when I was around 15. We always use italian arms for some reason. Even our shotguns are Beretta and Benelli. Never really used it much other than putting down large game on our ranch.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First gun I owned was 2 my dad gave me, both Smith and Wesson .357 mags. One was a model 66 stainless, the other was a model 19, pretty much the same gun but blue steel. Of course the 19 he gave me was pimped out in Nickle. Used the 66 in the academy.

First gun I bought was a Glock 17 I used as a carry weapon. Still own all 3 guns.

My current carry weapon is a Kimber CDP II, love that gun!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
mc65.jpg
S&W .357 Mag, Mod 27-2, Nickle and Walnut
This gun carries with it many great memories of my grandfather and I. The last time I shot it was back in 1986. He and I would take it to the range with our other guns and make a day of it. I'm more of a riffle guy than a hand gun guy but I always loved this gun. My granfather passed it down to me about 5 years ago and told me it was always my gun. I'm gonna miss not having him there when I do shot it again but atleast I'll have great memories everytime I do.
The pic doesn't do it justice (Cell phone) but it's like brand new.

Last edited:

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
View attachment 12250
S&W .357 Mag
This gun carries with it many great memories of my grandfather and I. The last time I shot it was back in 1986. He and I would take it to the range with our other guns and make a day of it. I'm more of a riffle guy than a hand gun guy but I always loved this gun. My granfather passed it down to me about 5 years ago and told me it was always my gun. I'm gonna miss not having him there when I do shot it again but atleast I'll have great memories everytime I do.
beautiful!