What's new

What's a good CHEAP lighter?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes, I realize good and cheap may be contradictory terms. I've managed okayso far with matches and disposable lighters. I've also used a few refillable lighters that came free (with cigars orders) and turned out to be about worth that price. Lighters are easily lost, stole, misplaced so I don't want to spend a lot. Cheap is the operative word here, maybe $20 tops.

I'd like a refillable butane lighter with a large torch flame that won't burn my fingers. I don't like carrying a lot of bulk in my pockets so it shouldn't be too large. As a distinguished gentleman of refined taste, I don't want anything with flashing lights, integrated toothpick, Harley logo, and/or WWJD.

Recommendations? Thanks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I dislike Colibri (most of the times), they have a very nice set of Firebirds that have come out. They have some weight to them and have been a great sale.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hit the isle at the tobacco register in walmart and pick up a Ronson jet flame lighter. Should be about $3-$5 The one I have works well.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
after losing and having trouble with my high end lighters, i went to walmart and bought a few ronsons. they are without doubt the most reliable lighter that i have ever used. they are so good and cheap, i decided to sell them.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
after losing and having trouble with my high end lighters, i went to walmart and bought a few ronsons. they are without doubt the most reliable lighter that i have ever used. they are so good and cheap, i decided to sell them.

There's your answer right there. I bought a handful of these from Ron a year ago and they have been just as reliable as my more expensive lighters.

Ronson Lighter

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I use a blazer insert in a zippo case. The blazer was 15 bucks and I have NEVER had a problem with it. I have no experience with the Ronson lighters, but if Ron is selling them on his site, that's good enough for me.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I like my Solo lighter, which is the same a one of the Xikar lighters. But they are great lighters and I think the Xikar edition is around $20 plus it has a life time warranty if I remember correctly.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
You might consider Solo lighters. They carry a lifetime warranty (if lost or stolen they will give a 50% discount on a replacement), work well, look nice and are reliable. I've had a Trek dual flame model for about 18 months now and like it alot.

I've seen at least one place advertising closeout models on special ... $13/ea or 3 for $30.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Best cheap lighter is the 3 dollar Ronson @ super wal-mart. Buy two, and you'll be good for a couple years.

Z-Plus insert for zippos is about 10 dollars and also good

I love my Blazer but that was about 30 dollars.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
If you get the Z-Plus zippo insert it won't fail you. I kinda have a feeling it's made by Blazer, which is good. As stated, they're like $10. Small price to pay considering some of our cigar inventories!

TYLER

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Solo, Tiger and Nibo all make good, cheap lighters. For my money, the best deal is the Ronson Jet-Lite. You can usually get 'em for about $3-4. Some Wal-marts carry them. So does Ron at cigarsolutions.com

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I stopped by a CVS while I was out today and picked up a ronson...due entirely to this thread!

it feels nice and lights up first time everytime (wish I could say the same for my porsche design) for 4.50 I'm blown away so far...might become my go-to.

it's also nice because anywhere I travel to I will be able to pop in and pick one up...for 4 bucks you can;t complain about that!

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you will be please with the Ronson. Just be sure to use good (5X or at least 3X refined) fuel. BTW, the most amazing thing to me about the Ronsons is their perceived value. These look and feel like lighters that cost at least 10X their actual price.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I stopped by a CVS while I was out today and picked up a ronson...due entirely to this thread!

it feels nice and lights up first time everytime (wish I could say the same for my porsche design) for 4.50 I'm blown away so far...might become my go-to.

it's also nice because anywhere I travel to I will be able to pop in and pick one up...for 4 bucks you can;t complain about that!
Same here, I was out today doing some shopping and I went to the WalMart down the road and picked up one as well.