What's new

What's a good CHEAP lighter?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The local Walmart had only a few Zippos and Bics. I stopped at CVS and all their Ronsons were sold out. I bought a torch lighter called "Great Value" or some such. It has a metal body and some heft and the flame lit my cigar in about 20 seconds. The only flaw is that the flame adjustment does nothing. Not bad for $4. We'll see how it holds up...

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
so where the hell are these lighters (ronson) located in the wal-mart store or cvs. I went to both stores yesterday and couldnt find nothing :dunno:
my ligher actually just crapped out and I need one soon or I will be going down to the local and buying a 30 dollar one. Dont have very much cash flow at this time so if I could get a nice cheap one that would be great, could someone help

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so where the hell are these lighters (ronson) located in the wal-mart store or cvs. I went to both stores yesterday and couldnt find nothing :dunno:...
It seems to be a local thing. Some Wal-marts and CVS's carry 'em, and some don't. In any event, you can get them from Ron at cigarsolutions.com for about the same price. You do have to pay for shipping, so your best bet is to buy a bunch at the same time. Ron is a great guy and a great vendor!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been to three CVS stores with no luck. They carry them, but the hanger where they should be is always empty.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been to three CVS stores with no luck. They carry them, but the hanger where they should be is always empty.
I know: they must sell out fast. I have never found any at Wal-Mart, and when I run across them at CVS, I usually buy one "for the road." You can never have too many cigars or lighters... :yes:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so where the hell are these lighters (ronson) located in the wal-mart store or cvs. I went to both stores yesterday and couldnt find nothing :dunno:

At the checkout lines at Wal Mart, there is the place where they sell cigarettes and cigars. The lighters are there.

Jeff

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
As much as I dislike Colibri (most of the times), they have a very nice set of Firebirds that have come out. They have some weight to them and have been a great sale.
I have two that work great!

They are my cheapies when I don't want to use my xtend

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I just got the Xiikar executive with the side trigger. It keeps your fingers away from the flame and has a lifetime warranty. cost $25 at a shop that has a big mark up.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have three triple flame torch lighters that I spent five bucks each on that are going on three years.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You would think it would be that simple to just click & light, in that case any lighter will do. It does get kind of annoying when you get ready to smoke and *click*..*click* nothing!
Love a good torch lighter. It's more of a hit or miss sometimes it's worth buying more expensive brands and sometimes not. I have a single torch colibri which was flawless until now. Now I have my trusty ol bic works everytime? So Good luck my friend.