What's new

What's a good CHEAP lighter?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I just got the Xiikar executive with the side trigger. It keeps your fingers away from the flame and has a lifetime warranty. cost $25 at a shop that has a big mark up.
I love my Executive for the same reason, except I got mine in Vegas for a bigger markup.
holy old post batman.....8/10/2007

I am glad your Executive is working out for you, mine sucked. I was all excited to get a "good" lighter. That is the lighter that began my dislike of XiKar lighters. Sent it back 3 times. Ended up asking for a different model, nothing but issues with that one either. I got a Xikar Soft Flame as well in a Secret Santa gift 2 years ago, that would not keep a flame higher than 1/4 inch. I know lots of guys love Xikar lighters, and don't have troubles with them, but for me, I'll stick with a Ronson, or matches.

Bad Finger

Professional Cannabinist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything other than a Xikar is a waste of money IMO.

Best warranty (lifetime on function and form), and awesome customer service. I'm not sure if they offer any $20 lighters, but I do know they have some $25 torches that do just fine, and still have that lifetime warranty.

I too have gone the cheap route in the past when purchasing lighters (lotus, vector, colibri (since new owners), tiger, and a few others), and none have lived up to the quality of my $25 Xikar.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
holy old post batman.....8/10/2007

I am glad your Executive is working out for you, mine sucked. I was all excited to get a "good" lighter. That is the lighter that began my dislike of XiKar lighters. Sent it back 3 times. Ended up asking for a different model, nothing but issues with that one either. I got a Xikar Soft Flame as well in a Secret Santa gift 2 years ago, that would not keep a flame higher than 1/4 inch. I know lots of guys love Xikar lighters, and don't have troubles with them, but for me, I'll stick with a Ronson, or matches.
Where did you buy your ronson? For the past two days I've been hunting walmarts cvs and rite aids!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hard to go wrong with a cheapo Ronson jet lighter. Available at Walmart for a couple bucks

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My executive was unreliable also; it would not hold a flame. I don't have trouble anymore though because I lost it lol.