What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Doing up some venison medallions for dinner tonight... pound out the medallion until its wafer thin... then wrap them around a piece of cream cheese and a sliver of jalapeno... then wrap the medallion with a piece of bacon... put a toothpick through it all.. soak it in hoover sauce... and throw them in the oven at about 375 for about 20 minutes..

YUM!

It is wafer-thin!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tonight it's filet with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, pan seared then under the broiler finished with a brandy cream sauce with mashed garlic taters and a spring salad.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Tonight I'm grilling baby cuttlefish and topping it with my own nam jim sauce. I found a recipe sort and of followed it but subbed cilantro with parsley, added ginger, used some frozen cayennes from my garden last year, fresh garlic, a single shallot instead of two, splash of rice vinegar, and some chinese bunching onion I planted in my garden. I used indian palm jaggery to sweeten it even though I had thai palm sugar. It's a goddamn tasty sauce! It's salty, sweet, and spicy and will be great on the cuttlefish.

I picked up fish sauce while I was in the store getting the cuttlefish too. I think I got the good stuff that has actual tiny whole fish in the bottle that plop out when you measure some.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Wife brought home a couple of these chuckeye steaks. I had never had them before, but after grilling them I was pleasantly surprised. They were very good.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Chuckeye's are great, the cut is very close to the ribeye. I get em frequently; esp. if there is no sale on other premium cuts.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
had some ropa vieja with rice and yucca last night, and some crazy good bread pudding. one of my friends mama's was up from tampa, and i scored an invite. lovely company and lively spirits to celebrate an amazing lady. and her stupid good food!

just in case you don't know, IF you are invited to have someone's mom cook for you, YOU SAY YES. not only is it unspeakably rude to turn down an offer like that, you lose ALL fat kid points for missing out on a mother's cooking. god bless you, nilda, and thanks dear. o)