What's new

What's for dinner?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Tonight was hungarian wax peppers stuffed with ricotta, prosciutto, provolone and sausage

Also had sausage stuffed mushrooms with a lemon-dill beurre blanc

Also working on the second bottle of wine with the wife, the first was a nice buttery Franciscan chardonnay...gonna get some for sure tonight!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tonight was hungarian wax peppers stuffed with ricotta, prosciutto, provolone and sausage

Also had sausage stuffed mushrooms with a lemon-dill beurre blanc

Also working on the second bottle of wine with the wife, the first was a nice buttery Franciscan chardonnay...gonna get some for sure tonight!!!
This sounds great - recipe please for the peppers. Do they have any type of sauce with them?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
No sauce, but they needed one. THey were spicy too!! Much hotter than I expected them to be.

HUngarian wax pepper, top but off and seeds and pith taken out.
Ricotta cheese, added pesto sauce, garlic powder, freshly grated pecorino, ground black pepper. Added all to taste, no measuring here.
THinly sliced prosciutto
Smoked provolone cheese slices
Sausage stuffing - Sweet italian sasuage (1lb) 1 egg, 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, thyme, oregano, basil. Add all to taste.

Lay the prosciutto out, put provolone on top, add a line of ricotta and a line of sausage. Roll it up and stuff it in th epepper. I used a chop stick to cram it down in there.

Bake in oven for about 15 minutes at 350 deg.

Let cool for a minute or two then slice into pinwheels.

THey need a cream based sauce to cut that heat, but I can't figure what kind, maybe a vodka sauce, thickened up a little to the consistency of a marinara somehow.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
No sauce, but they needed one. THey were spicy too!! Much hotter than I expected them to be.

HUngarian wax pepper, top but off and seeds and pith taken out.
Ricotta cheese, added pesto sauce, garlic powder, freshly grated pecorino, ground black pepper. Added all to taste, no measuring here.
THinly sliced prosciutto
Smoked provolone cheese slices
Sausage stuffing - Sweet italian sasuage (1lb) 1 egg, 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, thyme, oregano, basil. Add all to taste.

Lay the prosciutto out, put provolone on top, add a line of ricotta and a line of sausage. Roll it up and stuff it in th epepper. I used a chop stick to cram it down in there.

Bake in oven for about 15 minutes at 350 deg.

Let cool for a minute or two then slice into pinwheels.

THey need a cream based sauce to cut that heat, but I can't figure what kind, maybe a vodka sauce, thickened up a little to the consistency of a marinara somehow.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
last night had some Foie Gras Agnolotti wih black truffle, parmesan. little pockets of melty foie goodness with some shaved black truffles...and some amazing gnocci with a goat ragu and chimichuri cream .......unreal food
only if I could eat this way more often!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
last night had some Foie Gras Agnolotti wih black truffle, parmesan. little pockets of melty foie goodness with some shaved black truffles...and some amazing gnocci with a goat ragu and chimichuri cream .......unreal food
If you ate that way more often you'd have the goute for sure!!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
but it would be sooooo worth it

If you ate that way more often you'd have the goute for sure!!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Made breakfast for dinner. Bacon pancakes with real maple syrup and eggnog in the batter. Easily a million calories but worth it.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
been slow cooking a venison leg/hind quarter for about 2 hours this morning.. roughly 4 more to go and it will be ready (pics to follow!).... soaked in olive oil for 24 hours and covered with a dry rub similar to what I use on steaks before it hit the smoker... wrapped in celophane and foil to keep all the juices in.. with the heat being kept between 200-225 for the entire slow cook process..

should be fall off the bone tender when it finally comes out.. and hopefully will be super tasty!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
been slow cooking a venison leg/hind quarter for about 2 hours this morning.. roughly 4 more to go and it will be ready (pics to follow!).... soaked in olive oil for 24 hours and covered with a dry rub similar to what I use on steaks before it hit the smoker... wrapped in celophane and foil to keep all the juices in.. with the heat being kept between 200-225 for the entire slow cook process..

should be fall off the bone tender when it finally comes out.. and hopefully will be super tasty!
My mouth is watering just from reading that. My favorite meat to cook with is venison, and its so healthy! I wish I could eat it daily but I don't live in the city that lacks hunters :( I am going to try the olive oil soak next time.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Went to Yard House for the first time and had a couple tasty beers and a burger with truffle fries. Didn't even finish it but it was damn good!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Doing up some venison medallions for dinner tonight... pound out the medallion until its wafer thin... then wrap them around a piece of cream cheese and a sliver of jalapeno... then wrap the medallion with a piece of bacon... put a toothpick through it all.. soak it in hoover sauce... and throw them in the oven at about 375 for about 20 minutes..

YUM!