What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My understanding, fatback is indeed the "hard" fat from a pigs back, with or without the skin (rind) still attached. The same with some lean is called streaked meat and resembles thick bacon. It is rendered for the grease or lard. The grease is then used to fry food, or is added to a dish (usually greens or stewed potatoes) for flavor. You can also throw a raw slice in a pot of green beans or pintos when you start cooking. Your doctor probably wouldn't approve but your tongue will. After the meat cools and becomes crisp, leave some stting out and see if you can walk by without grabbing a piece. My aunt used to cut it into small cubes and put them in corn bread before baking the bread in a cast iron frying pan.
Some resturants sell orders

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wednesday was our 30th anniversary, but we decided to celebrate Saturday night at home. Started with Smoke Gouda Cheese Crisps and Crazy Capreses (tomato, basil, pepperoni, mozzarella). Half were heated till the cheese melted, half cool and crisp. Reduced balsamic in a bowl to the side. Sauginon Blanc

Surf and Turf
Bacon wrapped scallops with bbq sauce or spicy (sriracha, lime juice, cilantro) mayonnaise

and THICK ribeye, smothered in a blue cheese/onion/heavy cream sauce with steamed broccoli and baked potato (mine was sweet, Pam's was Irish) Pinot Noir

Dessert
Brie cheese covered in triple berry fruit spread and wrapped in crescent rolls

served with aged gouda, fruit and almonds. Riesling

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Wednesday was our 30th anniversary, but we decided to celebrate Saturday night at home. Started with Smoke Gouda Cheese Crisps and Crazy Capreses (tomato, basil, pepperoni, mozzarella). Half were heated till the cheese melted, half cool and crisp. Reduced balsamic in a bowl to the side. Sauginon Blanc

Surf and Turf
Bacon wrapped scallops with bbq sauce or spicy (sriracha, lime juice, cilantro) mayonnaise

and THICK ribeye, smothered in a blue cheese/onion/heavy cream sauce with steamed broccoli and baked potato (mine was sweet, Pam's was Irish) Pinot Noir

Dessert

Where's the like x 10 button?!?

Rating - 100%
101   0   0

Surf and Turf

Dessert

dang GW you guys eat good