What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Epic fail on picture/plating quality. But the zuchini boat recipe is finally down pat! And yes closing on a house soon means plastic ware and solo cups.
My wife is trying to lower her carb intake. Do you mind sharing the recipe, looks like it’s right down her alley. It would be a good one to rotate out with my stuffed peppers.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
My wife is trying to lower her carb intake. Do you mind sharing the recipe, looks like it’s right down her alley. It would be a good one to rotate out with my stuffed peppers.
Ingredients
4 small 2 medium or 1 large(I prefer this) zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil (I prefer grapeseed as it's more neutral)
8 ounces sweet loose sweet Italian sausage(or half can be subbed for spicey or ground pork of you're not huge sausage fan)
1/4 cup medium grain rice(shorter grain rice reheat better and this makes about 4 to 6 servings, but long white is fine too)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped (or large shallot)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped(keep juices for cooking liquid or add 1/4 of marinara)
1 Tablespoon tomatoe paste
1 tablespoon fresh sage or tsp dried(optional)
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan, finely grated
1/2 cup dry mozzarella, shaved shaved or grated
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Marinara to top(regular glass Jar sause)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

With a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh from the interior of the zucchini, so they resemble boats. About 1/2 to 3/4 inch of flesh left. Place the zucchini boats in a casserole dish and coat with oil. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside if you wish to add this to the filling as well.

In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat Add the sausage, and cook for 4 minutes.

Add rice and cook for 2 minutes.

Add the garlic, onion, chopped zucchini flesh, tomatoes and some salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.

Add tomatoe paste and sage stir to incorporate

Set aside

In a medium bowl, add the Parmesan, mozzarella, breadcrumbs and parsley; mix to combine.

Spoon in and mound the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over top. Place in oven and bake until golden on top, 25 - 35 minutes minutes. (The thicker the flesh and more moisture there is from the tomatoes the longer it takes.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If you don't want the small amount of rice keep out the sauce and de seed the tomatoes with it too or it'll be runny.
And of you want a bit more garlicky taste small the garlic with the side of your knife instead of mincing it.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Ingredients
4 small 2 medium or 1 large(I prefer this) zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil (I prefer grapeseed as it's more neutral)
8 ounces sweet loose sweet Italian sausage(or half can be subbed for spicey or ground pork of you're not huge sausage fan)
1/4 cup medium grain rice(shorter grain rice reheat better and this makes about 4 to 6 servings, but long white is fine too)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped (or large shallot)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped(keep juices for cooking liquid or add 1/4 of marinara)
1 Tablespoon tomatoe paste
1 tablespoon fresh sage or tsp dried(optional)
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan, finely grated
1/2 cup dry mozzarella, shaved shaved or grated
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Marinara to top(regular glass Jar sause)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

With a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh from the interior of the zucchini, so they resemble boats. About 1/2 to 3/4 inch of flesh left. Place the zucchini boats in a casserole dish and coat with oil. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside if you wish to add this to the filling as well.

In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat Add the sausage, and cook for 4 minutes.

Add rice and cook for 2 minutes.

Add the garlic, onion, chopped zucchini flesh, tomatoes and some salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.

Add tomatoe paste and sage stir to incorporate

Set aside

In a medium bowl, add the Parmesan, mozzarella, breadcrumbs and parsley; mix to combine.

Spoon in and mound the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over top. Place in oven and bake until golden on top, 25 - 35 minutes minutes. (The thicker the flesh and more moisture there is from the tomatoes the longer it takes.
Awesome, thank you!! Similar in many ways the the stuffed pepper recipe I like so much but different enough to be unique. I’ll give this a go in the next couple weeks.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ribeye, sweet potatoes fries, french green beans, sauteed onions

Oh and some guy actually ate this entire tomahawk steak yesterday at the restaurant I work at.. it's what inspired me for mine tonight
I'm down for that tomahawk. Let me know where I can get one of those beauties. Please.

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Well I found out something disturbing during an inpromptu afternoon vherf...

@ApeSmokes and @Opie have NEVER had pan fried chicken...in fact their point of reference for fried chicken was...KFC

Then to make matters worse, Adam cant stand gravy, and Harlan hates breakfast sausage, so hates BnG!

This is what love looks like you two.

20181118_174330.jpg

Rating - 100%
37   0   0

@ApeSmokes and @Opie have NEVER had pan fried chicken...in fact their point of reference for fried chicken was...KFC

Then to make matters worse, Adam cant stand gravy, and Harlan hates breakfast sausage, so hates BnG!

View attachment 125488
Yum!!!

Rating - 100%
82   0   0

View attachment 125488
Looks good! Just remove that nasty liquid from the taters please.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0

View attachment 125488
Fried chicken is overrated, but when it's done right ohhhhhh buddy

Stupid Tapatalk