What's new

What's for dinner?

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well I found out something disturbing during an inpromptu afternoon vherf...

@ApeSmokes and @Opie have NEVER had pan fried chicken...in fact their point of reference for fried chicken was...KFC

Then to make matters worse, Adam cant stand gravy, and Harlan hates breakfast sausage, so hates BnG!

This is what love looks like you two.

View attachment 125488
Hell ya! Eating like a real man.

Looks good! Just remove that nasty liquid from the taters please.
I'm sorry what? Idk if we can be friends anymore lol, I put gravy on well, almost everything I can lol

Fried chicken is overrated, but when it's done right ohhhhhh buddy

Stupid Tapatalk
Overrated? Fried or smoked are the ONLY ways chicken should be served lol (other than in pasta)

Yall need some culinary edumacation lol

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Overrated? Fried or smoked are the ONLY ways chicken should be served lol (other than in pasta)

Yall need some culinary edumacation lol
I grew up in north Georgia and 90% of fried chicken is shit. Chicken is better in a flour tortilla with rice,beans,lettuce,tomato and a gallon of tapatio hot sauce..... just saying

Stupid Tapatalk

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I grew up in north Georgia and 90% of fried chicken is shit. Chicken is better in a flour tortilla with rice,beans,lettuce,tomato and a gallon of tapatio hot sauce..... just saying

Stupid Tapatalk
Ok fair enough, I need to make it over for taco Tuesday now that you mention it. Local place, legit mexican food, 7.99 all you can eat m-f Tuesday is tacos, other days are chimichangas, burritos, nachos, and enchiladas

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Keto fried chicken. It was excellent.
Also had roasted Brussels Sprouts and asparagus, but apparently the plated pic didn't save. :/
View attachment 128932

@Glassman
Did you use pork Panko for your Keto fried chicken ?
Wife just found it on Amazon and ordered some. Just curious on your thoughts in regard to taste and texture.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
View attachment 129000

Bought a nicely marbled Chuck roast for the crockpot and it should be done about
5. Mixed a packet of Liptons Onion soup mix with 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup. Eazy Peazy and makes a good gravy for some mashed taters. Not fancy, but very much comfort food.
Got one in the crockpot myself. Brown gravy mix and bell peppers. Tasty tasty!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
View attachment 129000

Bought a nicely marbled Chuck roast for the crockpot and it should be done about
5. Mixed a packet of Liptons Onion soup mix with 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup. Eazy Peazy and makes a good gravy for some mashed taters. Not fancy, but very much comfort food.
I have one going now too. Seared it on the grill and then covered and into the oven with veggies and beef broth. I'm going to make french dip sandwiches with it.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
@Glassman
Did you use pork Panko for your Keto fried chicken ?
Wife just found it on Amazon and ordered some. Just curious on your thoughts in regard to taste and texture.
We used a mix of almond flour and coconut flour, spices and egg wash with heavy cream. Turned out fantastic.

I've heard of people using crushed pork skins for a nice crunch, and something called "nutritional yeast" as a breading, but I haven't tried either of those yet.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
View attachment 129000

Got one in the crockpot myself. Brown gravy mix and bell peppers. Tasty tasty!
I have one going now too. Seared it on the grill and then covered and into the oven with veggies and beef broth. I'm going to make french dip sandwiches with it.
That's too funny! Chuck roast must be on sale everywhere, we did one yesterday as well!
20190112_181807.jpg
20190112_184232.jpg
And I just used flour to thicken the gravy.
Less than a teaspoons worth of flour (per serving) wouldn't be enough to stop ketosis or kick back in cravings, heartburn, etc.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
We used a mix of almond flour and coconut flour, spices and egg wash with heavy cream. Turned out fantastic.

I've heard of people using crushed pork skins for a nice crunch, and something called "nutritional yeast" as a breading, but I haven't tried either of those yet.
We've tried the fried pork skin crushed on our chicken. It works, but feels odd doing so.