What's new

What's for dinner?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Never had oysters, what are they like? Does location influence them that much?
They are basically like drinking a sip of seawater, in the best way possible. As far as location...I'll say the local Gulf Coast oysters tend to be large but rather mild in flavor. These Blue Points were very very briny and delicious. I recommend them highly.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am going to make this tomorrow night for New Years Eve for my wife and I. I'm not making his bread recipe, but will make some Rhodes rolls ro accompany the shrimp. This recipe calls for a TON of black pepper and smoked paprika. My wife is not a pepper fan so I am just going to use extra garlic and Old Bay, fresh lemon juice and a little pepper. If we like it I will try it again with some nice fish filets.

What's your opinion of this recipe? Any other ideas on substitute for the black pepper? I also considered a little white wine in with the butter sauce. I

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Damn I need to learn how to make legit tamales. I did some asian fusion tamales a couple years back that were f‘n delicious, but I’ve never made them as they should be made.
The process is "simple" but damn labor intensive. For some reason, a couple decades ago she discovered that the secret to hers was using not just pork but deer meat. Haven't been hunting in forever, but for several years there I had extra motivation to bag a deer around Christmas time!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0