What's new

What's for dinner?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Bacon, fried eggs with sharp cheddar on a multi-grain English muffin. Finished off with a New Belgium Mighty Arrow Pale Ale...mmm.

Dan

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Last night I went to the pub for wing Wednesday!!

Tried a sixer of the "stupid Hot" Wings. The first two weren't bad but after that the ghost peppers started to really burn my toung and lips. I ate them all but won't be ordering them on a weekly basis.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Tonight I'll be grilling some boneless/skinless chicken titties and basting w/bbq sauce. Our vegetable this evening will be steamed broccoli.

I'll also be making potatoes in the oven, that we both LOVE!! Take a whole baking potato, cut it in half (length wise), then cut thin slices. Throw that in a mixing bowl with some chopped onion, fresh garlic, Lawry's Seasoning Salt (reduced sodium for us), fresh cracked pepper and olive oil........toss it around to evenly coat, then place onto 2 sheets of aluminum foil. I then put some 'I Can't Believe it's not Butter' on top, wrap each sheet of aluminum foil up into its own little packet, place in a 400* oven for 1 hr 15 minutes, then it's done!

If the plating turns out well, I'll post some pix!

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tonight I'll be grilling some boneless/skinless chicken titties and basting w/bbq sauce. Our vegetable this evening will be steamed broccoli.

I'll also be making potatoes in the oven, that we both LOVE!! Take a whole baking potato, cut it in half (length wise), then cut thin slices. Throw that in a mixing bowl with some chopped onion, fresh garlic, Lawry's Seasoning Salt (reduced sodium for us), fresh cracked pepper and olive oil........toss it around to evenly coat, then place onto 2 sheets of aluminum foil. I then put some 'I Can't Believe it's not Butter' on top, wrap each sheet of aluminum foil up into its own little packet, place in a 400* oven for 1 hr 15 minutes, then it's done!

If the plating turns out well, I'll post some pix!

Jeffrey L.
Those potatoes sound good, I'll be giving that a try.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Those potatoes sound good, I'll be giving that a try.
They're AWESOME! Just put 'em in the oven! Here's how it should look:

*all mixed and layed out on aluminum foil*

*all wrapped up tight and ready for the oven*

Jeffrey L.

*correction: Used 'Smart Balance Light' as the butter substitute and did not use olive oil to coat the potatoes. Was thinking of a different recipe when I typed that.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Frickin' dog got loose while I was grilling and of course, that's when a flare-up happened......titties were beyond charred by the time I got back to the grill. After cutting off all the bark, chicken was dryer than mattbells vagina. Was pissed.

Potatoes and broccoli were MONEY, though! I also cut a thick slice of red onion (LOVE grilling veggies), dipped it in BBQ sauce, then grilled it. Didn't turn out too bad, actually! Will continue to experiment with BBQ'd veggies.

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Picked up a couple BEAUTIFUL 2 lb prime porterhouses on our way home from watching 'Fast 5' at the IMAX! Also grabbed some of the largest asparagus I've seen in a while, all to be grilled in just a little bit.

I started marinating the steaks about 4 hrs ago and just brought them out of the refrigerator to bring to room temperature, prior to grilling. Should start burning em' in about an hour :)

Will post pix when it's all done and plated :)

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
HOLY HELL...........okay, first of all, I've grilled a LOT of steak in my time. EVERY time, I always get a little nervous about over cooking it. Can't help it. Tonight, was by far the BEST steak I've cooked in my time! 6 minutes, 1/2 turn, 6 minutes, flip and repeat.

Took them off once the digital instant-read thermometer read 130*, covered in foil to rest for 5 minutes, then cut in.......ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! BEST steak I've had. Period. A lot of it is due to the quality of meat, but I cooked it a PERFECT mid-rare! Even the wife was blown away by it and she's a lot pickier than I am.

Took the flash off on my DROID, in hopes of showing the color:

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
HOLY HELL...........okay, first of all, I've grilled a LOT of steak in my time. EVERY time, I always get a little nervous about over cooking it. Can't help it. Tonight, was by far the BEST steak I've cooked in my time! 6 minutes, 1/2 turn, 6 minutes, flip and repeat.

Took them off once the digital instant-read thermometer read 130*, covered in foil to rest for 5 minutes, then cut in.......ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! BEST steak I've had. Period. A lot of it is due to the quality of meat, but I cooked it a PERFECT mid-rare! Even the wife was blown away by it and she's a lot pickier than I am.

Took the flash off on my DROID, in hopes of showing the color:

Jeffrey L.
Looks absolutly fantastic...what cut of beef did you use?

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pyrogy's with butter and onions. Mixed in some fresh dill with the butter and onions. Browned the onions in the butter, then added them to the pyrogy's.
Grilled up some Stawnychy's ukranian sausage...the best ever !
It was a good simple meal !