What's new

What's going on in your golf game?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My experience:

Clubs will only add yardage, not accuracy necessarily. I actually got worse for a bit with new clubs, it's all about that practice. And then I still suck. Lol. That's the difference in golf and any other sport. No matter how good you are at it, it's still a challenge

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My goal is to just get out there! :) I haven't been in close to a year.. I have a 4 year old and haven't been able to get out... I'm going to take him this year for the first time.. On the hunt for some little clubs if any of you have a set laying around hit me up.. On the other hand. Here are the old dusty clubs.. Put together a new set about 5 or 6 years ago, still not any better than the old Knights. Lol.

It's all for Fun! Get out there and hit um!
Btw that R7 is the bomb. I loved mine. Cracked the heel out after God knows how many swings. Really like those

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I love the r7.. Got it used off a buddy for $100 bout 5 years ago. It was like new but has got its use since. I have the Green Aldila NV 65S shaft on it.. No probs yet

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Mine has the factory R7 shaft. It still hits ok, sounds god awful though. Used it as an excuse to upgrade with the wife.

EDIT: upgrade drivers, NOT the wife. Lol

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I really need to get a driver though. I currently use a 5 wood as my tee off club because I can hit it a straight 225 yd almost every time.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I finished last year as a 10.7 with no real purpose or practice. The lowest I had gotten was 6.3 back in high school when I was playing several rounds a week. The past 12 years I have averaged 15-20 rounds a year. I made it a point to play and practice more.

Thanks to iPhone technology and slow mo, I found that with a flat set of the wrist at the top of my swing, my club face was shut. I made a drastic grip change to weaken it a bit so with a flat set of the wrist I am square. Still working on the timing of the release but the results are coming.

More importantly, I finished the season with a bad case of the chipping yips that bled into a trip to Orlando in February. I have been working on that as well.

I also joined a Tuesday afternoon golf league with a buddy from my office. Back to competitive golf, as I haven't played competitively since high school. Maybe I will get low enough and get back into Met tournaments in NY.

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Played 9 holes today after work and didnt even grab a score card from the clubhouse. I was pleasantly surprised at having 2 pars, 2 doubles and 5 bogeys since I haven't played an actual round in 3-4 months. Hit the driver once and it sliced off right but my 3wood was plenty long to get the ball down the fairw...er...hole into the rough. Time to get out and play some more and hit the range now that some of the honey-dew list is dwindling...for now

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got to play for the first time of the year on my home course last weekend and now we have snow on the ground again !
83 on slow, shaggy greens that haven't been mowed yet so I couldn't complain too much but the short game suffered dearly.
Thankfully I got in a few rounds in Florida in the last few months. That 6 month forced layoff we have here in the north is a killer.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined a men's league at a course a few blocks from my home. Goes every Thursday w/ tournaments once a month on Saturdays. Just nice to get out, have a cigar and a few beers with the boys.

Will defend our University of Utah Hockey Golf Tournament Championship first week of June. I am a terrible golfer, but stacked my team with players & they came through!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Played a Par 3 course today because for some reason Ive been doing awful on the 3's this season. Figured today Id work solely on them. Ugh.

How 'bout that Players finish. Don't think Ill ever see a more exciting end

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I learned a long time ago to play within your limits and try not to listen to every Toms Harry Di*k about changing your game...we're not pros here so just play within your capabilities w/o changing too much. I have on occasion play to a slight fade which i tried to change and that turned my game into what others call " Aerosol Golf"...I would just spray it around without much control so I went back to what I know and play my shots with a gradual 'fade' and once I learned this I was putting my shots right in the middle...albeit it did excite the 4 some when I addressed the ball at almost a 45 degree angle and then faded that sumbeech right where I wanted it. My irons for some reason....no fade...chips are pretty decent and my putter and I are having an affair...it's f'n me to death.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I had a slight fade last year. This year, I have a nuclear fade.

Just need to go to driving range and remember my swing.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Shot my best 9 last week with first eagle. Heeded the advice I've been getting since I started playing...."slow down"

Now to remember that :)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Shot my best 9 last week with first eagle. Heeded the advice I've been getting since I started playing...."slow down"

Now to remember that :)
I hate the:
  • Ball is a little high on the tee/or low BUT I'm going to swing anyway.
  • This is not the right club for this BUT I'm going to swing anyway.
I can go on with many but you get the point. Just stupid stuff that can be fixed easily and I don't do it.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I hate the:
  • Ball is a little high on the tee/or low BUT I'm going to swing anyway.
  • This is not the right club for this BUT I'm going to swing anyway.
I can go on with many but you get the point. Just stupid stuff that can be fixed easily and I don't do it.
I've learned to play smarter. Instead of trying for 250 to a small green I'll go 2 shots to keep it in play

The guy I was playing last week always went for it. I won, by a lot :)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've learned to play smarter. Instead of trying for 250 to a small green I'll go 2 shots to keep it in play

The guy I was playing last week always went for it. I won, by a lot :)
I started playing almost two years ago and you'd think by now I would have learned some kind of strategy but it's hard to do that when you mostly play alone. Slowly picking up how to play the game and not try to hit the ball.

I realized last week that my pace of play impacts me greatly. If I'm by myself, I can easily do a round in 2 hours. I don't wait for anyone, and I just go to my ball and putt.
It's completely different and much much slower playing with others and I have yet to adjust for that.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I've learned to play smarter. Instead of trying for 250 to a small green I'll go 2 shots to keep it in play.
This is some solid advice. Learning to play with strategy instead of going for everything has increased my score more than anything else. Convincing yourself to add one to par is hard to do, but pays dividends in the end.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
This is some solid advice. Learning to play with strategy instead of going for everything has increased my score more than anything else. Convincing yourself to add one to par is hard to do, but pays dividends in the end.
Lol that feeling of going for it then playing from the woods turning 2 into 4....