What's new

What's going on in your golf game?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
W...T...F.... over a year or so since I've been swinging on a regular basis. I need to come clean here.... I shot a 104. Flashes of brilliance followed by prolonged period of utter stupidity. Worst round ever, and that includes my first. :cry:

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Earlier this spring, I took a lesson to try and get rid of my "power fade". Now, here in late summer, it appears that I'm finally seeing dividends to grooving a new swing/ grip. I've been an average player most of the time, shooting in the mid 90's the majority of the time, but over the past two months, have consistently shot in the mid/ high 80's. Best game this year has been an 84, and that's with two double bogeys on the card. Friday, I shot an 87, with one 4 over carded (hit one OB). Right after my lesson, I dropped 1 to 1- 1/2 club lengths of distance. That has all come back, and actually am gaining distance. 7 iron used to be 155 yds. , now it's a tad over 160. Short irons are flying sky high, and backing up on the greens somewhat consistently. I've been really pleased with my game as of late.
The slices I used to make only slightly fade now. Driver is still my Achilles Heel.
If I keep stroking the ball like this, I think I'll go out for our club's Ryder Cup "B" team next year. Next year might also be the year I get a new set of irons. Playing three year old Ping G20's currently. Eyeballing the Titleist AP2's, or Ping G30's

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
W...T...F.... over a year or so since I've been swinging on a regular basis. I need to come clean here.... I shot a 104. Flashes of brilliance followed by prolonged period of utter stupidity. Worst round ever, and that includes my first. :cry:
Sounds like my game. I recommend reading this book. It shaved 4-5 strokes off my game instantly. It's all about the mental aspect of the game. In fact, I started reading it again for the fourth time last night. It's titled, "Zen Golf, Mastering the mental game" by Joseph Parent. Outstanding read.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well, I played my first game in almost two months today. Started out with a bang, shot 4 over on the front 9 for a total of 39. The back nine, however, ate my lunch. Shot a 90 overall on a par 71. Wind did play a factor. The forecast 8 mph breeze turned into a steady 20-25.
Overall, I feel I'm in a good place as far as my swing is concerned. Had a few slices rear their ugly heads, but overall, for a hacker, I think I'm doing pretty well. Probably be the last game this year, so next spring is looking promising.