What's new

whats on your grill today?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I did a couple of Beef Short Ribs yesterday for the first time. Flavor was excellent but the meat was a little tougher than I had hoped for. I bought cheap WM white tray ribs and should have known better. Next time I will make sure and start off with quality beef and not freaking cow.
If I may...just braise those suckers for a couple hours. My favorite method is to smoke them for 4-5 hours until they get a good bark...then put them in a foil pan with a little beef broth and beer, cover it with foil and go another 2.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If I may...just braise those suckers for a couple hours. My favorite method is to smoke them for 4-5 hours until they get a good bark...then put them in a foil pan with a little beef broth and beer, cover it with foil and go another 2.
I had thought about braising them and was going to follow this recipe.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had thought about braising them and was going to follow this recipe.

That looks absolutely delicious!

I braise them indoors all the time and they are phenomenal!
im going to try the smoke and braise next time
They are ideal for braising. Do it, I think you'll love having both the bark as well as the shred-apart tenderness.

Y'all...another strong recommendation is beef cheeks. If you can find them, slap a rub on them and do 'em up the same way. 4 hours smoked until they get a bark, then a couple hours foiled in a pan with beef stock/beer/sliced onions/poblano peppers. Talk about delicious...damn.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
A friend of my wife’s is a supervisor at a local chicken processing facility. She got the friends and family discount for us on some cut-up fryers. 40 pounds for $5.00. Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy
That is an insane deal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk