What's new

whats on your grill today?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't take pictures, sorry.

I had the day off yesterday. So, I smoked some meatballs for spaghetti. Two pounds of 80/20 beef and one pound of Neese's country sausage mixed together and seasoned. Then smoked over a combination of hardwood charcoal and mesquite for two hours.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I didn't take pictures, sorry.

I had the day off yesterday. So, I smoked some meatballs for spaghetti. Two pounds of 80/20 beef and one pound of Neese's country sausage mixed together and seasoned. Then smoked over a combination of hardwood charcoal and mesquite for two hours.
How do the smoked meatballs taste when combined with the sauce?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I love smoking (well...indirect grilling) ground beef, with the caveat that it has to be mixed with "fillers" and extremely fatty. Some people enjoy smoked burgers for example, but I'm not one of them. Too dry for my taste. But smoked meatloaf/meatballs? Delicious!

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The really bright stuff from a jar would be too much of a contrast.
I love making my own sauce. The store bought stuff never lives up to what Nona made back in the old country.;)(y)

Some people enjoy smoked burgers for example, but I'm not one of them. Too dry for my taste.
I've been smoking burgers a lot lately and I know what you mean. I've found its a VERY fine line between moist and dry.
Now I'm at 30 minutes at 180 and then 5 minutes on each side at 450. I was at 6 minutes each side and it dried them out a bit.
Even at 5 minutes sometimes its a bit to much or to little. It drives me freakin nuts.